Search results

1. Szyslak100

Rate & Review: "Livin' la Pura Vida" (ZABF03)

Curious how the atrocious What to Expect When Bart's Expecting? revealed that statement just as a throwaway, random joke, with zero intentions to go further and to develop the idea, just for the sake of making a single joke without giving importance to the factibility of their bonding and the...
  2. Szyslak100

How was Season 31?

It seems season 31 has aged bad... I still believe it's one of the best seasons prior the so called renaissance. Matt Selman produced seven episodes and all but one were above average, with Go Big or Go Homer being the dishonorable exception and still not being even sligthly as bad as the worst...
  3. Szyslak100

Rate & Review: "Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" (ZABF04)

The discrepances have sense because the valuation method of the rankings is different to the one of the rate & review threads. The former gives more importance to the extremes so two or three people who wated an episode migth be enough to boicot an episode while the latter ponderates everyone's...
  4. Szyslak100

Fair enough. The phrase "everyone liked it" was not true at all. I've written it fast and didn't think much of what concept I should have used, but sure, it's exaggerated. Still, it's fair to say it had a mixed reception at worst, and now I daresay it's one of the episodes with worst reception...
  5. Szyslak100

Many interesting discussions going on here. The sudden and consensual change of mind of this episode gets me perplexed. Not that it doesn't deserve the hate it gets (I've rated it with a 2 originally) but I'm wondering how and why everyone liked it and now everyone hates it. I wouldn't discard...
  6. Szyslak100

What character would you want to pass away next?

I can see a heartwheling and at the same time heartbroken Omine-episode where Jacqueline Bouvier passes away and analyses Marge's childhood, her relationship with her mother. Marge's been the most developed and best written character these last seasons so an episose like that at this point of...
  7. Szyslak100

Rate & Review: "Clan of the Cave Mom" (35ABF06)

I think there should be a thread created specifically for that purpose. Otherwise, the R&R threads would be pestered by things that have nothing to do with the episode discussed. Just my opinion!
  8. Szyslak100

Season 35 Information Thread

Can someone tell me who are going to be the co-showrunner of Cremains of the Day, if it's known? That premise intrigued me.
  9. Szyslak100

Rate and Review: "The Book Job" (NABF22)

I want to go even further with my compliments. - The best script episode of the HD era courtesy of Dan Vebber. - The most interesting and unpredictable episode of the HD era. - One of the funniest episodes of the HD era. - One of the best parodies of the HD era. - One of the best satires...
  10. Szyslak100

When does the Al Jean era turn awful & predictable?

I'll take the concept from @ThrashtheTrash's post. The Jean era is a downwrad spiral. Seasons 13-16 were pretty good. I dare say The Simpsons recovered part of its enchantment after two bad seasons. Despite some bad troops, a handful of horrendous episodes, and even though this era was a step...
  11. Szyslak100

Rate and Review: "The Book Job" (NABF22)

Immediately after a successful debut, Matt Selman had a second opportunity. The Food Wife delivered a strong first impression, but The Book Job needed to revalidate that positiveness and to confirm that The Simpsons, unlike what it seemed a year before, could have future if a competent...
  12. Szyslak100

Analysis space: the co-runners

At the moment that the concept of "co-runner" was born, I was totally enthusiastic. Matt Selman has proved himself since season 23 as a showrunner. At first, with three episodes by season, then four, then they were seven in season 31. His run as the second showrunner was great, totally...
  13. Szyslak100

Are there any one-off characters you would like to see make a second appearance?

There are many characters I wish they could be recurrent/secondary characrers rather than one-time, some of them were mentioned above... Laura Powers, Jessica Lovejoy, Samantha, and many one-time characters of the early years. There was a lot to do with them. But as of today, I don't care if...
  14. Szyslak100

Which non-canon episode fits the best in the timeline.

I can't help but I think that maybe A Serious Flanders would be my favorite episode of the show only if it was canon. They only needed to remove two scenes – the murder of Mr. Burns and the moment Fat Tony's face is fried. Both of them are easy to get rid of since they are played for laughs and...
  15. Szyslak100

Pixelated And Afraid vs. A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream

I might buy this argument if the episode would have aired in season 30 when many episodes had as a premise that Homer and Marge had marital problems and the ones who didn't had scenes with them discussing or having a bad time. But at the time Pixelated and Afraid aired, Homer and Marge's...
  16. Szyslak100

Thank you! I'm trying to participate more here. Glad to talk to you guys again!
  17. Szyslak100

I wanted to write a full review for A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream, but ultimately I didn't for two reasons: firstly, looking at how insigthful were the reviews in that R&R thread I thought it was unnecessary. Secondly, I had something negative to say and I didn't want to put a negative...
  18. Szyslak100

Rate and Review The Food Wife (NABF20)

What an historic episode. 3,290 days have passed, a little more than 9 years. The impressive amount of 197 episodes between How I Spent My Strummer Vacation, the last time Mike Scully's name was attached to the show as the showrunner, and The Food Wife, the first episode produced by Matt Selman...
  19. Szyslak100

1st Annual NHC Simpsons Awards (2023 Edition) - WINNERS NOW POSTED

This is interesting. Some years ago I also thought how "The Simpsons Awards" would look like and I remember that I myself defined nominees and winners of each season from 27 and onwards (Best Episode, Best Writing, and Best Animation). In my books, only Halloween of Horror is good enough to win...
  20. Szyslak100

Rate and Review: "Replaceable You" (NABF21)

Replaceable You This is an episode I have too little to say about. A filler and forgettable episode in an otherwise frenetic start of the season. The main story generates nothing on me, if you can call it the main story because I am not sure what's the one that predominates here. Roz is a very...
Back