Search results

1. Road Rage

An episode without the Simpsons

I've been thinking just now how I'd like to see an episode of a television show in which the main characters are simply absent from the episode and only secondary characters are shown. Naturally, The Simpsons sounds like just the show for the job with the large selection of secondary characters...
  2. Road Rage

Thoughts on if the show ended with Homer's death?

In S08E21 "The Old Man and the Lisa", the episode ends with Homer having a heart attack and in the commentary track they joke about how the show could have simply ended right there with the implication that Homer died. But this got me thinking... couldn't they do just that? I know it would be a...
  3. Road Rage

Was the soundtrack better in the earlier seasons?

Maybe "soundtrack" is a bit of a bold term as The Simpsons, like any TV show, doesn't have a great deal in the way of music, but I'm not sure of a better term. For the most part, I think The Simpsons recycles a few short musical pieces (for instances such as when something dramatic happens)...
  4. Road Rage

I need help transcribing a handful of lines from The Simpsons Road Rage (2001 video game)

This doesn't quite feel like the right board, but none of the ones in the "The Simpsons" category do either. So I have been transcribing all the lines of dialogue from The Simpsons Road Rage, probably to dump on YouTube, though I guess that doesn't strictly need a transcription done in order to...
  5. Road Rage

Where do Lenny and Carl live?

I've been thinking lately of how we've seen where Barney lives and where Moe lives, but what about Lenny and Carl? I know they're just side characters with little backstory but I can't recall any scene where they have a house to go home to in the evenings, or even anything in the video games...
  6. Road Rage

Word created by The Simpsons added to US dictionary

Not a great article but at the same time there's not a lot for them to write about. It's just weird seeing this on the home page of BBC News. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43298229
  7. Road Rage

After season 30...

Is it safe to assume that after season 30 ends that will be the end of The Simpsons altogether? Because I really can't see it going on for any longer than this. Sure, it still rakes in money, but voice actors are ageing and its golden years are long gone (although it seems to have picked up a...
  8. Road Rage

What are Ned's views on birth control?

I've been thinking about the "Everybody Hates Ned Flanders" song lately and there's one line which is "his views on birth control are wrong", but has it ever been mentioned or hinted anywhere (obviously the episodes aren't the only source of information) as to what his views are? Due to being a...
  9. Road Rage

What the hell is this packaging?

This is more of a rant than a constructive discussion, but holy moly, the DVD packaging went downhill. Seasons 1 - 10 didn't have the sturdiest of packaging but it did its job and looked pretty in the process. Well, I ordered seasons 11 and 12 and they arrived in good condition (11 is...
  10. Road Rage

Trying to buy Futurama but I'm confused

I'm not going to hunt down some Futurama forums just for this question as presumably many people here will at least know something about it. Currently, I'm working my way through the FOX Futurama episodes and it's surprising to see that the picture quality is so much worse than The Simpsons...
  11. Road Rage

Has a Treehouse of Horror ever scared you?

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I've just been thinking about how the Treehouse of Horror episodes are more extreme than most others, but I've never found anything about them remotely scary. Some parts have an uneasy atmosphere at most. Are they even intended to be at all...
  12. Road Rage

Regular & Limited Edition DVD Differences?

I'm needing to replace my season 8 disc 1 DVD as it wasn't pressed properly (second layer is unreadable) and I've never bothered complaining, so I've been thinking of getting the season 8 limited edition box since it's cheaper, swapping each disc 1 and reselling it if the postage is even worth...
  13. Road Rage

Did the shorts do anything better than the proper episodes?

Lately, I've been thinking, did the Tracey Ullman shorts (1987-1989) do anything better than the actual episodes (in general) have? They look worse, sound worse and have weak storylines. Granted, there's not really enough time to build much of a story, but still. I'm having a hard time to think...
  14. Road Rage

PAL or NTSC Simpsons?

I think this only applies to DVDs, TV airings and rips of both. For those who aren't aware, The Simpsons is animated at 24fps, which can be converted to 30fps for NTSC using 3:2 pulldown and converted to 25fps for PAL simply by speeding up the episode a little. The Simpsons does not have any...
  15. Road Rage

How old is Grampa? (serious question)

Ah, the button for posting a new thread has appeared. That's nice. Anyway, I signed up here mostly to try and get a straight answer on how old Grampa (or Abe/Abraham if you prefer) is. "Million Dollar Abie" claims he's 83. "Havana Wild Weekend" claims he's 86. Which age has more evidence to...
Back