Search results

1. Samuel L Bronkowitz

"Sorry Haters, but the Simpsons is still pretty good!"

generally, for me anyway, the fewer words it takes to describe an episode, the better it is, that was mostly the rule with the earlier seasons, and it's pretty much the exception with the later ones.....but whenever the writers follow that strategy, be it an old or new episode, they usually hit...
  2. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Guest stars you'd like to see return

peter frampton. yup, that's right. i used to want james woods to return, but that feeling sorta disappeared after his 'family guy' appearances....
  3. Samuel L Bronkowitz

What would you want to see in Simpsons Tapped Out?

another thing.....i don't like the fact that you can ONLY play the game online. i get that you need to be online for updates, premium purchases, etc......but as far as just playing the game goes, why is it necessary? i mean, i can play other games offline without any issues. i play on an ipod...
  4. Samuel L Bronkowitz

What would you want to see in Simpsons Tapped Out?

i haven't checked too thoroughly if he's already available, but i'd like to get superintendent chalmers......oh, and guy incognito too :D
  5. Samuel L Bronkowitz

The Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS/Android game)

some nice screenshots, captain. i'm on level 28, and i'm afraid it's gonna take a lifetime to stay caught up with everything. i've occasionally splurged on some donuts, but damn, these expenses sure add up after awhile.....i mean, i'm playing on an ipod touch, surely you can't expect me to...
  6. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Does The Simpsons have a pro-right wing agenda ?

i always thought 'the simpsons' is right-wing much in the same way stephen colbert is a right winger.......
  7. Samuel L Bronkowitz

user manual info for homer BRAINEEZ figure?

what the hell, i'll try again :D still no luck after all this time......anyone has this in their collection?
  8. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Little things you notice on the millionth watch

i mentioned this once before, but what the hell.... krusty's TV show & krustylu studios are in springfield. the itchy & scratchy studios are in springfield. anyone associated with either lives in springfield. yet, when the simpsons decide to go to itchy & scratchy land, they have to travel...
  9. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Rate and Review: "Lisa Goes Gaga" (PABF14)

wow, tough room. finally got around to watching this episode. don't get me wrong, it's certainly not gonna make me forget about anything from seasons 1-10,... but at the same time, the thought "worst episode ever" never crossed my mind either. it wasn't an episode for the ages, but it was...
  10. Samuel L Bronkowitz

yeah, i've seen it going for anywhere between $30 and $180, which suprised the hell out of me 'cuz i only paid something like $7 for it at spencers 10 years or so ago. but despite all my search efforts, i still can't find the instructions for it, which makes its overall purpose less useful....
  11. Samuel L Bronkowitz

that's the one! probably my fave simpsons item in my collection....
  12. Samuel L Bronkowitz

after much unpacking, i just unearthed my homer 'braineez' figure....it's the one where you ask him various questions about the future & he answers them accordingly, kinda like a humorous fortune teller. HOWEVER, i lost the instructions, and it's been so long since i used it, i've long forgotten...
  13. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Rate/Review: The PTA Disbands

i rewatched it not long ago, and it was a little better than i remembered, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth. some good jokes, but on more than one occasion it felt like the writers padded the episode so it'd reach its proper running time.....
  14. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Rate and Review: Saddlesore Galactica (BABF09)

this would probably be typical simpsons 50 years from now, overhauled with different writers & voice actors, none having seen more than 15 minutes of all the "classic" seasons combined. all 'saddlesore' needed was the harlem globetrotters (without the "wink, wink" factor ala 'futurama') and...
  15. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Rate & Review: "Special Edna" (EABF02)

i accidentally erased this when it originally aired, so last night was the first time i watched it. i'll probably need to watch it another time to fully soak it in, but it was definitely a strong episode. two standout moments for me was skinner wearing that shit-eating grin while doing the "walk...
  16. Samuel L Bronkowitz

WORST DEFENSE EVER!

everything new becomes old. perceptions change. like i said in another thread, i remember people bitching when season three aired...."it's too fast-paced compared to the first 2 seasons, it's too hokey, the writers lost the original spirit", etc. years later, when the DVDs started coming out...
  17. Samuel L Bronkowitz

WORST DEFENSE EVER!

crap is crap, regardless of season. but the show has existed SO much longer than 99% of what's out there, it's actually eclipsed many longtime viewers' most impressionable years in life....as a result, later episodes probably get much more scutinized than they might deserve. it's not unlike...
  18. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Little things that bother you

itchy & scratchy studios are in springfield. the studio for the krusty show is in springfield. anyone associated with either show lives in springfield. yet when OFF go to itchy & scratchy land, they travel halfway across the country to get there....
  19. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Favorite one time character

my memory is rusty, but.....i know marge told the story of jacques in a flashback episode, but i can't remember if homer actually knows who he is. if not, an interesting episode could be if jacques joins homer's bowling team & marge unwittingly comes to watch one of the matches.....
  20. Samuel L Bronkowitz

Favorite one time character

the bowling instructor jacques...."now throw, damn you!!"
Back