Search results

1. D

Londoners visiting America for the first time...suggestions? :)

A friend and I are going to the states for the first time in June. We both like culture and nightlife and ideally somehwere close to the beach but this isn't essential. I know this is a hard ask but we want to avoid somewhere intensely touristic (ie New York.) we are coming for a couple of weeks...
  2. D

What writers survived their classic status during the Scully/Jean episodes?

As I pointed out in the thread about whether OFF could ever possibly return to the golden years; writers are hugely influenced by their masters. John Swartzwelder is probably the best classic era writer the show has ever had. Consistently good from Season One through to Season Nine. However...
  3. D

In theory, could the Simpsons ever return to classic status?

Edit: Sorry wrong forum! :/ This is the sad thing for me - I think they could. Of course as many agree that involves a new showrunner. Al Jean did a good job in reviving the show from Season's 13-16 but since then the show has become mediocre at best. However say Oakely and Weinstein were to...
  4. D

Have you ever laughed out loud at Itchy and Scratchy?

Edit: Sorry wrong forum! :( "Itchy and Scratchy and Marge" and the "Itchy and Scratchy and the Poochie Show" are two of the best Simpsons episodes in the 400+ episodes of the show. I'm also glad I&S exist as they give us an insight into Bart and Lisa's life and the cartoons are always amusing...
  5. D

A great start for the real Season 20...

According to the polls, Season 20 (LAB) has so far been equal to Season 15 in the best first four episodes. And with the next episode likely to be half decent, it could mean the first five LAB's will be the best start to a production line, since perhaps as far back as Season Nine. Based on 4...
  6. D

Best episode of the the Season (vote three times)

'Just a fun poll. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind: A- Funeral For a Fiend: B+ The Debarted: B+ Dial N for Nerder: B I Don't Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings: B Midnight Towboy: B The rest are pretty meh or crappy.
  7. D

The KAB's - A good start?

According to the polls, the KAB's have so far had three epsiodes in the top 25. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind (2), The Debarted (18) and Dial N for Nerder (25, so far). That's pretty impressive. Funeral For a Fiend was also an above average episode in the eyes of the polls. E Pluribus...
  8. D

Top and bottom 25 episodes under Al Jean (according to the polls)

So, I had a spare couple of hours on my hands. I've always wanted to do this, so I went for it. However, the results maybe slightly inaccurate as I've added together the number of 4 and 5/5 votes. There is a way which I could find out the overall average, but that would take way too long. I was...
  9. D

If you had to guess, how many more series do you think the show will do?

When the same question was asked a few years ago, many would say to get the S20 mark would be a huge achievement. A few years on and many would be shocked if the show didn't go past 20. It's now looks almost certain that the show will end on 20 something. But 20 what? Is it anybodys guess? Do...
  10. D

The JAB production line: An improvement on the HAB's?

How would you rate the JAB's, compared to other production codes? JABF01 "Kill Gil: Vols. 1 & 2": B- JABF02 "The Haw-Hawed Couple" A- JABF03 "The Wife Aquatic" C+ JABF04 "Little Big Girl" B+ JABF05 "Revenge Is a Dish Best Served Three Times" C+ JABF06 "Homerazzi" B JABF07 "Springfield Up" B...
  11. D

Funeral for a Fiend (KABF01) Preview/Speculation Thread (Bob and Cecil return)

In what has to be the most anticipated episode in long, long time Bob and Cecil return for Season 19's production code premier. Most 01's have a good history. And I've got a good feeling about this one. But for me this episode will say so much about the future of The Simpsons. If it succeeds...
  12. D

Season 19 so far

I haven't seen the latest episode, but I'm guessing it'll be B ish. So, no more new episodes for three weeks now. How would you compare the start of the Season compared to the other Jean first four holdovers? S14: Treehouse of Horror XIII: C+ How I Spent My Strummer Vacation B- Bart vs. Lisa...
  13. D

It's another how often do you watch The Simpsons thread...poll style!

Just for fun, I know it's been done to death. I go threw phases where I think "OMG, how did I ever go without it" and watch about three episodes a night. But often enough I actually hardly ever watch it, unless I'm buying the new boxset or watching a new episode.
  14. D

When did you start religiously watching new episodes/ start posting in R/R threads

My first memory of a new episode was "Alone, Again..." in Season 11. I started really getting into the show in late Season 15. But I don't think I started watching new episodes back to back until THOH in Season 16 episode one. (and at the same time started posting in the new episode R/R threads)...
  15. D

How many time did you end up seeing the movie?

Well, nearly all the cinema's have finally stopped showing the movie. So how many times did you end up watching it at the cinema? I watched it three times.
  16. D

Has anyone else’s appreciation for the movie gone up?

Maybe it's because I've just watched Season Ten, or maybe it's because I've watched a couple of newer episodes recently. But the more I look back at it the more I really appreicate the movie. The gags are so much better than most of stuff produced in Season ten to present. The characterizations...
  17. D

The how many times have you been thread

I've been twice so far, and plan to go for a third time. With so much hype about the movie loads of people are going, so I've gots lots of oppurtunites to go again. After the third time, that will probably be it. But I still wouldn't rule out a fourth time! Edit: Can a mod please change the...
  18. D

The Simpsons Movie...2

Al Jean recently said in an interview that he'd like to do three more Seasons and maybe one more movie. Would you like another movie? I'd say yes. But only one more, and I'd prefer it if ended afterwards. What does everyone else think? Some may say ones enough, but I think this could be a great...
  19. D

General Movie Discussion

I thought this might be a good idea for a thread. I can see a lot of threads over the next week, that could be better suited into one thread. Feel free to delete it if you think it won't work, mods. But anyway discuss when you're watching it, how excited you are, what your predictions are etc...
Back