Search results

1. ThatsAPaddlin

Have you ever seen a ghost? UFO? Had an otherworldly or paranormal experience?

As a kid, I used to check out so many books about everything from Bigfoot to UFOs to legendary creatures and spirits. For a time, I became very interested in helpers such as brownies. I would try and leave milk outside just like in the legends and waited and hoped. One day I was climbing the...
  2. ThatsAPaddlin

People of Earth on TBS

Has anyone else seen this show? It's about a support group for alien abduction survivors ( "experiencers"). I fell in love with it and then season 3 was called off over the summer. No one I know has watched it without me showing it to them and it seems to have flown completely under the radar...
  3. ThatsAPaddlin

NaNoWriMo

Are any of you participating in National Novel Writing Month 2018? Have you in the past? This year, I am going to really try and get something finished by the deadline. I tend to get too anxious/overwhelmed, but I really need an incentive to stop procrastinating.
  4. ThatsAPaddlin

What happens if someone sells you their soul but they pass away while it's in your possession?

1) Do we have souls? 2) Can they be sold/transferred/detained? 3) If so, is such a contract void upon death of the original owner? (They reincarnate as they normally would.) 4) Can such a contract be dissolved without the other party present? Do you "own" any souls? Have you "sold" yours?
  5. ThatsAPaddlin

Happy (belated) birthday, deadname!

Happy birthday to one of the coolest, smartest, kindest, most interesting people on this site (and in general). And I don't just say that about anyone. You are I-would-trade-you-my-holo-Charizard-for-your-super-basic-Bulbasaur-just-to-get-you-to-like-me awesome. Hope you have an amazing whole...
  6. ThatsAPaddlin

Happy birthday, LosTickaToeRest!

You are one of the most awesome people on here. Like just the best. Hope you have a really great and fun birthday! <3:birthdaygator:<3:birthdaygator:<3:birthdaygator:<3
  7. ThatsAPaddlin

NHC Drunk Tank

I just got a bottle of this on clearance I'm trying to convince my sister to pick up some pumpkin cream liquor. With a little Goldschlager, or at least some Fireball, we could really have something going tonight. I don't really do those big fruity drinks. If I'm going to get drunk, it either...
  8. ThatsAPaddlin

Official Pumpkin Everything Thread

It is September and time for pumpkin everything to begin. This video will always slay me: Discuss pumpkin everything. Recipes, products, adorable animal videos, etc.
  9. ThatsAPaddlin

Favorite arcade and pinball cabinets?

I've always wished I could afford my own pinball cabinets. My second cousin has both Twilight Zone and The Adams Family, two of my all time favorites, in his game room <3 He has another, but I for get what. Anyway, Medieval Nights and Monster Bash are also great. As for video games, I've always...
  10. ThatsAPaddlin

Hawkgirl TV Show

Possibly! On the CW!! Any early thoughts? I know some are a bit jaded on superhero shows by now, yes and this will be in the same universe as Arrow, The Flash, and soon Supergirl. I really love Hawkgirl, and I'm very happy to see Ciara Renee playing her, so I'm optimistic for the time...
  11. ThatsAPaddlin

Why was Lisa's bike solo cut from the opening credits?

Everyone else gets two solo scenes, and it doesn't seen to take up more than 2 seconds. With how busy the HD intro is, they could have at least added it back.
  12. ThatsAPaddlin

Inside Amy Schumer

Sorry if there is already a thread for this, search doesn't work and according to Google she's only been mentioned in one thread (wtf??) Any fans of this show or even Schumer's comedy in general? I've been really in love with her since I first saw her special "Mostly Sex Stuff", and her show...
  13. ThatsAPaddlin

Milk

So Peeps milk is now a thing and that's awesome It's because of this board that I discovered things like red velvet milk and mint chocolate milk, so I wanted to know if you guys had any other recommendations or recipes. What kinds of milk do you like? This includes "milk", like cashew milk...
  14. ThatsAPaddlin

Broad City

WHY do we not have a Broad City thread? This is absolutely one of the funniest shows on tv right now, and one of my favorites in years. Abbi and Ilana are brilliant and hilarious, I just want to be best friends with them <3 The show manages to be lowbrow but ultimately incredibly smart, with...
  15. ThatsAPaddlin

"Necessary Squirrels" (Spelling)

Let me just say right from the start: if you have no trouble spelling, GTFO, I don't want to hear about it. Difficulty spelling does not indicate a lack of intelligence. What words to you have trouble spelling? I absolutely cannot write some words without spell-check. Specifically words with a...
  16. ThatsAPaddlin

I have a theory about this bear

I think he's been searching for Maggie ever since "Call of the Simpsons", and he just came to Springfield to reclaim his adopted cub.
  17. ThatsAPaddlin

RIP Edward Herrmann

Edward Herrmann was taken off life support yesterday; he'd been struggling with brain cancer. The first role I ever saw him in was "The Lost Boys", and I absolutely loved that movie growing up. Then I watched him for 7 years on "Gilmore Girls", and he was so wonderful in the role of Richard...
  18. ThatsAPaddlin

Favorite Flanderisms?

*Quotes must have actually come from Flanders, so nothing like "Wel-diddly-elcome. Oh, jeez...he actually wrote diddly!". "You know, most people don't know the difference between apple cider and apple juice, but I do! Here's a little trick to help you remember: If it's clear an yella, you got...
  19. ThatsAPaddlin

Episodes you love that nobody else loves that much

Thought I'd make a counterpoint to this thread. I shouldn't need to say this but... there are 27686768686 other threads to argue about episodes. Let's not hijack posts with "WHAT, ARE YOU SERIOUS?? THAT IS THE WORST OPINION EVER!" So go on, let your "Lisa Goes Gaga"-lovin' freak flags fly! I...
  20. ThatsAPaddlin

Hanukkah/Yule/Winter Solstice/Kwanzaa/Pancha Ganapat/Other winter holidays thread

Not everyone celebrates Christmas, and some of us celebrate both or more than one holiday :) Share anything related to non-Christmas holiday stuff in this thread. The incense blend I've put together for Yule this year is really amazing (dragon's bloon, oud, myrrh, cinnamon) and the plants and...
Back