Search results

1. reyontoyeny

"The Simpsons have been going down hill for the last five years."

I don't want to sound elitest (and I'm afriad that's exactly what I'm doing.) but don't you get frustrated when some casual viewer of the Simpsons expresses their opinion on the current state of the show similarly to this thread's title? They usually say it in such an authorative tone without...
  2. reyontoyeny

Going Back to the Status Quo

Has there ever been times where a certain event or plot twist happens to an episode, that you wished could be carried on to the next episode either subty or significantly? Also, has there been times the show has been affected by events that you wish would have been ignored by the next episode...
  3. reyontoyeny

Why Only One Two-Part Episode?

While, some episodes had sequel-plots like the ones with Herbert Powell and Mother Simpson, there has only been one true two-part episode, which is "Who Shot Mr. Burns?" "WSMB: Part One" left us with an unfinished plot with the words "To Be Continued" flashing on the end. (Yes, I already know...
  4. reyontoyeny

Your Simpsons Shirts, etc

This thread is for posting pictures of your Simpsons shirts, as well as discussing where we got them. If someone above already has posted a picture of the shirt, just point it out that you own it. I'll start. I'll say where I got each shirt if I remember. Most of these, you probably already...
  5. reyontoyeny

Who want the Tracey Ullman Shorts on DVD?

Who wants the Tracey Ullman Shorts on DVD? While the animation was horrible and the characters weren't fully developed, I still think the shorts have every right to to be imortalized on DVD as the 30-minute episodes. When it comes to the Simpsons, I am a completist. I want every single...
  6. reyontoyeny

Characters That Are Not Funny

Comic Book Guy - While before, he served to represent the nit-picking fan, now he's just constantly making the whole show annoying with self-references. Lenny and Carl - These characters have not been used in any funny gag in recent memory, but the writers keep on trying. Gil - Same as above...
  7. reyontoyeny

Simpsons Making Fun of Themselves Too Much

Lately, it seems that the Simpsons are making too much jokes about themselves. One thing that has made the Simpsons series great was the fact that the Simpsons episodes were equally interesting to be seen the 2nd time. However, this is not the case if the show is going to keep on making fun of...
Back