Search results

1. brokenfan

Favorite Emotional Simpsons Moments

We're all fans because The Simpsons writing was so ahead of its time, being able to balance comedy and drama with ease. Mine is a toss up between 'Homer Defined' and 'And Maggie Makes Three' Homer Defined when Bart finally gets to play with Milhouse again and have this little wonderful...
  2. brokenfan

A change of pace! What do you think is the BEST season EVER?

It's self-explanatory. I get it; cue The Simpsons suck now...blah blah blah blah bitch thread #67384247 . So let's change it up, and you may only pick one! For me, it's season 6, no contest. Season 8 comes close, but 6 was basically the absolute height. What's yours?
  3. brokenfan

Best Paul Thomas Anderson Movies?

I like these threads. I was wondering which director appeals to the middle brows the most, and PTA was the perfect topic subject. He makes pretty looking films and has some interesting one as well, at least enough for a list. Let's list? 1) Boogie Nights 2) Inherent Vice 3) There Will Be...
  4. brokenfan

Favorite Emotional 'Simpsons' Moments

As funny as 'The Simpsons' is, one of the best things that I love about it is how heartwarming/breaking some of the moments are. What makes the early Simpsons so successful is the balance between the more emotional aspects with a healthy heaping of comic brilliance. For instance, 'Homer...
  5. brokenfan

Scariest Halloween Segment?

The Halloween episodes are what every Simpson fan look forward to each year (well, at least me anyway). I just wanna know which episode/segment freaked you out the most? For me, it was 'Nightmare Cafeteria'. That segment and the idea of the school authorities eating children is just extremely...
  6. brokenfan

If there was a live-action Simpsons adaptation....

Heaven forbid. :-X Before we all get sassy or snarky, this is just for fun and I'm not suggesting that there should be one. Who would you cast? Homer - Paul Giamatti Marge - Catherine Keener Lisa - ? Bart - ? Maggie - some baby
  7. brokenfan

Guilty Pleasures

What are some of the episodes that you "secretly" enjoy that everyone else seem to hate? --> I'll go with the Rock n Roll camp episode.
  8. brokenfan

Homer vs. Patty + Selma

I love their little exchange of insults. "Hmm...It's like he disappeared into fat air." Any more?
Back