Search results

1. kes

To My Fellow NHCers

I'm so sorry to hear it, Debbs. I know I don't know you very well, but you don't deserve to go through any of that stuff. My thoughts are with you during this awful time.
  2. kes

Name some companies that you were sad to see go under.

My local independent book shop. I never even got to enjoy it as an adult, because it closed down when I was a younger teen. They had an indie stationery shop upstairs as well. My mother says it was every bit as good as I remember it being. Now we don't even have a bookstore in the area. And this...
  3. kes

Discuss racism

So I feel that the picture is incomplete. As a person who rarely ever consumes meat these days -- but fuckin' loves the taste of it -- should I seek to consume a McRib before I die?
  4. kes

What Is The WORST THING You Experienced In Your Early Childhood?

Very early childhood? "Treatable" deafness, for sure. Not so much being deaf -- which I didn't mind and don't fear, apart from the fact that it's often actually constant horrible ambient noise instead of silence -- but not being given any accommodations for it. I'm still bitter that I have to...
  5. kes

The 2000's were better than the 1990's AND 2010's.

I'm younger (was 15 in 2008) and I broadly agree with Comeau's assessment. 2000s sucked in most cases. Early 2010s felt comparatively carefree for many of us, and I was still a teen at that point, so I don't think it's this blanket "the era we were teens sucks for us". 2000s had absolutely...
  6. kes

I hate America

Not American myself, but I must say I'm not a fan. Certain concepts over there seem better than what we're doing here (e.g. I agree that middle schools should be separate to primary and secondary education for a wide variety of reasons -- that is, unless willing to operate a school that properly...
  7. kes

Why are all Simpsons fans such giant mean Atheist liberal douchebags?

LMAO I hate to break it to you, but I'm an agnostic leftist, not an atheist liberal. I'm definitely a douchebag, though. I'll give you that one for free.
  8. kes

What your favoite breed of dog?

Not really a single breed, but someone I know has what they believe is a pitbull mixed with something else. As an adult, it permanently looks like a black German shepherd puppy. That's the one. That's the dog I want.
  9. kes

would you read a book if someone paid you to?

Depends on the topic, quality and length of the book. I read Ulysses for my college degree, but the way the maintenance loan works, I was being loaned enough money to pay rent at the time I was reading it. I would never read something like that for $20. I'm either interested enough to read it or...
  10. kes

Have you ever had a depression?

The weird thing about me is that I've never wanted to combine weed and alcohol, but I've had trouble resisting the desire to combine ket and alcohol. Both seem to trigger the craving for the other, and it's scary stuff. Though I expect it'd be different with a medical environment. The desire (or...
  11. kes

dark homer stop

I must be leading a very dull life, because I am excited by the idea that somebody created an extra account in 2016 and the first and only thing they've used it to post was this bump, having apparently remembered the login for four years and set a reminder three years ago on a platform they...
  12. kes

rice purity test

34 if checking things off with the loosest possible interpretation. To be honest I regret almost all of it, so it would be unwise to become jealous of me. Also from the title I was expecting either an actual purity test for rice, or something racist like the paper bag test. Wait, what I...
  13. kes

Best way to spend an evening?

There's... there's a School of Rock TV show? Do I even want to know what that's like?
  14. kes

Have you ever had a depression?

Yes and no, I guess. I believe the studies that they they can. I've sort-of developed an unwillingness to go for ketamine infusions if offered because using recreationally has made me feel like it's a dirty drug in general. That's despite the fact that it seems to have worked on my depression...
  15. kes

What Do You Wash With?

Huh, convincing argument. I will admit, I just showered and used my pouf again. It lathers so much better and yeah, exfoliates. Think I'll just become even more anal about replacing them.
  16. kes

What's the last video game you played?

Thank you. :3 That's a really helpful comparative review. You could probably get published as a game reviewer. You seem to have come to the "game" with similar expectations to mine, and been mostly disappointed. I imagine I could enjoy Dear Esther in the right frame of mind, given that it was...
  17. kes

What Do You Wash With?

Seconding the pouf answer. I do also use a loofah for harder to reach areas of my back. But for years I just used my hands to lather shower gel on my body, and mainly exfoliated by shaving my arms and legs. Poufs are so satisfying. I let the internet shame me into using a pouf and loofah, but...
  18. kes

QUICK POLL: Would you read a popular science book? Y/N

DW, I wanted the feedback. Chose not to waffle too much about the qualitative findings so far in case it influences what people say, but whether people volunteer their interest in science is definitely something I'm tallying.
  19. kes

What's the last video game you played?

Animal Crossing New Leaf is my go-to at the moment. Also I've only ever heard good things about Dear Esther, but I'm not sure it'd be that great for my wellbeing to actually play it.
  20. kes

Members you miss

All of you! *glomp*
Back