Search results

1. Irvine

Have you ever played one of The Sims games such as The Sims 1, The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 before?

TS1: Classic. TS2: The G.O.A.T. TS3: Flawed, but enjoyable. TS4: Amazing build mode and create a sim, awful gameplay.
  2. Irvine

Rate & Review: "The Wayz We Were" (QABF19)

Nothing aggressively terrible, but still very boring to watch. I got one genuine laugh with Moe hiding in Bart’s treehouse because there were “no girls allowed.” Otherwise, just bland garbage full of jokes that went on too long (like Lisa going through all the highlight the x pages.) 2/5, I suppose.
  3. Irvine

Matt Selman: The worst Simpsons showrunner ever!

He didn’t really “step down” per se, he just got picked to direct a new series of Simpsons shorts, leaving Selman to show run most of the episodes. There will still be the occasional show with Jean at the helm.
  4. Irvine

Rate & Review: "Bart's in Jail!" (QABF18)

First time I’ve watched a new episode since season…. somewhere in the late 20s, and I gotta say I was pretty surprised. It felt like a bit of a callback to that line in Lady Bouvier’s Lover where Marge mentions Abe being swindled in a phone scam. I doubt it was an intentional callback, but it...
  5. Irvine

Has anyone ever been to college before?

Yup, I got my degree in communications back in 2016 and I’m currently working on a second degree, majoring in animation this time.
  6. Irvine

Birthdays for or against ?

Birthdays were invented by Hallmark to sell cards.
  7. Irvine

The No Homers Club 20th Anniversary Thread

Anything being on the Internet for 20 years feels strange. Makes me feel old. Here’s to another 20 years of the NHC!
  8. Irvine

The Great North General Discussion

To be fair, I still see people around her age expressing their fanboying/girling for ‘90s acts like Alanis. Mostly through the form of t-shirts.
  9. Irvine

Are you a white person

I’m orange.
  10. Irvine

WAITING FOR OLD OFF TOPIC POSTS TO COME BACK MEGATHREAD

Good luck, dude. Been on them four years and it’s been a huge world of difference.
  11. Irvine

Hm… let’s see… I got put on antidepressants, which made my life a hell of a lot better. I’m working a job in a grocery store to help pay for my second university degree. But I like it at the store so much, I’ve sometimes considered staying there. Not often though - I at least want to see other...
  12. Irvine

Administrator Ryan, I thought you were dead!
  13. Irvine

Your Favorite NoHomers Years

Granted, I was gone a few years, but I would say around mid to late 2012 were my favorite NHC years. The board was super active and my mental problems at the time weren’t too obvious yet, so it was great from a personal perspective.
  14. Irvine

How many pairs of shoes do you own

Two - one pair of work boots and two pairs of “casual” shoes. My workplace supplies the boots and the first pair you buy is free. I picked a $120 pair of boots to test them, and they gave em to me with no problem whatsoever. Since they’re two years old and still feel new, I can only assume they...
  15. Irvine

are tennis ball yellow or green?

They look green with a verrrrry slight hint of yellow in them. I’ve never heard anyone call them yellow before, must be a Canadian thing.
  16. Irvine

Bless The Harts General Discussion

For me, The Great North is about the quality of a decent season 14-15 Simpsons episode, which is a pretty decent starting point. Enough for me to look forward to the second season. i saw a few episodes of Duncanville and I couldn’t get into it. I thought Duncan himself was pretty irritating and...
  17. Irvine

Worst Family Feud host?

I think Steve Harvey is a funny guy, but I think the producer’s treatment of his humor is just awful. They give him these sophomoric sexually-worded questions to bait contestants into giving dirty answers and get Steve to rant and rave. Those types of moments are much better when they’re...
  18. Irvine

I’ve actually never seen Housebroken, but you have a point about the other two.
  19. Irvine

Worst Family Feud host?

I know Steve Harvey is likely going to be the popular choice, but I personally have to pick John O’Hurley because his era was just dry and barely memorable. Steve Harvey, loud and obnoxious as he is, at least had a few funny moments I can genuinely laugh at. Wish they’d ease up on the sex...
  20. Irvine

Man, this show got cancelled just as it was beginning to get good. It was really nice to have a show with not only the feeling of a classic Fox cartoon, but intelligent humor that didn’t constantly resort to shock value. Oh well, at least we still got Bob’s Burgers…
Back