Search results

1. ArchiveGuy

LEGO Simpsons

Picked up four at Walmart, got Grampa, Bart, Lisa & Maggie and I will go back for more. Meanwhile I also finally got an Avatar.
  2. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

Fry's Co-Workers Amy and Leela More specifically "Fry's Co-Workers Amy and Leela" a parody of "Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica". It's a typical Betty and Veronica scene, walking on the beach in bikinis distracting males, in this case theoretically distracting Fry. Tried to find a specific...
  3. ArchiveGuy

The Best of Edna Krabappel

The quote that immediately comes to mind... Edna: We've had a great time together but we're too different. CBG : I don’t understand. Edna: It's like I'm DC Comics and you're Marvel. CBG : I understand completely. ArchiveGuy
  4. ArchiveGuy

Rate and Review: "Homerland" (RABF20)

I always hesitate to review parody episodes when I'm not familiar with the source show. Allow me to contribute one note: DYN: When Lisa is in the Quik-E-Mart, there's a stack of Springfield Shoppers behind her, and the headline is just barely visible - perhaps easier to see if you view it at a...
  5. ArchiveGuy

Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

>> Homer: Trick or treat. My feet smell. Now give me something to eat. I kind of concur with that statement, but understand that... 1) The quote is a sound clip; Hallmark got that clip from Fox, and if it wasn't taken from a show, where was it taken from? 2) They don't record things just for...
  6. ArchiveGuy

Most Emotional (Or Heart-Breaking) Simpsons Moment?

Since I cry every time I watch the train scene in Lisa's Substitute, I for one will certainly say that's the one for me. There are a lot of ones tied for second place, but it includes when Marge goes to see Homer at the SNPP at the end of Life on the Fast Lane. ArchiveGuy
  7. ArchiveGuy

Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

When Hallmark began releasing Simpsons cards with sound clips I immediately got hooked, with the net result documented here; http://www.snpp.com/guides/greetcards.html The goal was to identify every sound clip - and the cards use up to four clips in one card, sometimes stringing together clips...
  8. ArchiveGuy

Homer Simpsons's Little Book of Laziness - A Must Buy!

Homer Simpsons's Little Book of Laziness - A Must Buy! Other than the series guides I've never classified anything published as a must buy.... until now. I had expected this to be a new series in the tradition of The Simpsons Library of Wisdom, since it's labelled "The Vault of Simpsonology...
  9. ArchiveGuy

simpsons vhs'

Good Lord! I assumed lots of people have original VHS tapes they made of The Simpsons. I originally started taping the Simpsons on The Tracey Ullman Show, and have the first dozen Simpsons seasons on VHS starting with the December 17, 1989 Christmas show. Believe I originally tried to cut...
  10. ArchiveGuy

What Simpsons Comics Graphic Novels Have You Got?

I almost have all of them.... from every country.... in every language. Including, for example, all in English, the Bongo and Harper printings in the U.S., the hardcopy U.S. library rebindings, Titan in the UK, and Trielle and Otter Press down under. And the Kraken, Panini, DIno and Jungle...
  11. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

SDCC 2013 Wraparound Covers Thought the wrap-around covers from the SDCC issues were nice. Scanned them both in... ArchiveGuy
  12. ArchiveGuy

what are you supposed to do with the Bongo bonus stamps that come with Simpsons Comics

I seriously considered buying two copies of every issue just so I could keep mint copies AND have a collection of stamps. But I still wouldn't be able to bring myself to cutting out stamps. As far as what to do with the stamps... Bongo Bonus Stamps are, of course, a parody of Marvel Value...
  13. ArchiveGuy

The Simpsons Library of Wisdom/Vault of Simpsonology

In general I liked this series of books, which at 9.95 each (in the U.S.) were reasonably priced. The Bart volume actually reprinted stuff that originally appeared in Simpsons Illustrated magazine, but so far all the other volumes I've carefully gone through had original material. I've been...
  14. ArchiveGuy

The Many Simpsons Trading Cards

Captain Squid started this wonderful thread with a list of the card details on The Simpsons Archive. Just wanted to mention that.... 1) We completely redid the Topps 1990 list to add far more information than it previously had http://www.snpp.com/guides/card_list.html 1) We added a new page for...
  15. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

It actually said "Lisa Simpson #1". I doth protest. That would be about as insane as if they came out with a Simpsons Illustrated #1. Eh....wait a second....
  16. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

Completing the picture from this months Bongo imprints: Aragones Funnies - bi-monthly One-Shot Wonders - three times a year
  17. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

They Reused a Bongo Bonus Stamp Number! So... anyone see today's Bart Simpsons #84? The Bongo Bonus Stamp; #92 Martin Prince Alas, the second Bongo Bonus stamp they released (not including Plasmo) was in Bart Simpson #67: #92 Wendell Yes! They reused a stamp number!! ArchiveGuy
  18. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

Publishing Frequency Changes? With all the discussion concerning the frequency of publication prompted by the Bongo solicitations I thought I would check the actual indicia on the current issues, sure enough: Simpsons Comics #203 released June 19, 2013 SIMPSONS COMICS is published nine times a...
  19. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

Also thought is was interesting that Sergio Aragones didn't work on this issue!
  20. ArchiveGuy

Simpsons Comics Thread

Free Comic Book Day 2013 - Bongo Free-For-All Several Bongo related notes for Free Comic Book Day! This years issue included a page with a Bongo Bonus Stamp - 250 - The Collector! It also advised that there are 250 stamps in all, which considering the inclusion of Futurama characters and...
Back