Search results

1. red_planet

Rate and Review South Park: "Tweek x Craig"

i thought this episode meandered a bit but i got a couple good laughs about it. i haven't followed the discussion here, but can i just say how amazing south park is this season? it is better than it has been in years. i absolutely abhorred last season's final two episodes... they seemed like...
  2. red_planet

The official seasons 18+ commentary thread

i think these are out now on simpsons world; i have nothing to access it with or i'd confirm
  3. red_planet

Rate & Review: Halloween Of Horror

haven't posted here in a while, and probably still won't! but i wanted to come in and share my opinions on this wonderful ep tonight. i've avoided most simpsons seasons like the plague since about season 19 (and most seasons before that were forgettable), but i tend to tune in at least once or...
  4. red_planet

Pixar's "Inside Out"

saw this three times. damn near perfect movie. def top 5 pixar, just can't shake incredibles from top of my list lol
  5. red_planet

Your Top 50 Post-Classic/Pre-Digital Episodes

oh christ. i'm just starting a re-watch of the whole series right now and i plan to watch up to s15-16. i can give you my top five as of now. i am totally not following the rules. i'm cutting off classic at season 10. keep in mind i haven't seen a lot of s14-19 1. behind the laughter great...
  6. red_planet

Episodes you love that nobody else loves that much

i never post here anymore but i browse sometimes and i came to this thread to say: THE WANDERING JUVIE! i loved it when it aired and upon a rewatch some years back, it's gradually become one of my top post-classic episodes. it is laugh-out-loud funny at almost every turn, gellar gives a great...
  7. red_planet

Simpsons renewed for 2 seasons - without Harry Shearer - and now with Harry Shearer again

ehhh haha i'm pretty sure he's just playing hardball as usual. if it turns out that he isn't, then wow. quite a big deal. i would...not like to see characters recasted
  8. red_planet

Simpsons World getting an update

supports my theory that there's, like, five different versions of each simpsons episode: 1) original master (no surround sound logo, seen on DVDs) 2) broadcast master (seen on original airdate) with surround sound opening logo and original 20th TV logo 3) edited broadcast master (used for...
  9. red_planet

Simpsons World getting an update

anyone notice how the 4:3 versions on simpsons world are SD masters? this makes me think when they remastered and color-corrected the original negatives for the FXX broadcasts they carelessly cropped the image from the negative. i imagine the remastering was a costly procedure for 20th TV, and...
  10. red_planet

fxx simpsons marathon

also, this ad that keeps airing - "this is america, anyone can eat what they want as long as they eat too much" i don't know what episode that's from, but that is a terrible line
  11. red_planet

fxx simpsons marathon

i wasn't aware they re-used that chorus line couch gag up to season 12. i thought that was just a syndication thing. hmm. haven't seen s12 of the simpsons in god knows how long so i'm fairly excited to watch. bye bye nerdie was pretty funny, but i remember simpsons safari being shit
  12. red_planet

fxx simpsons marathon

i thought the same as well, but there's cel shadows in places. they just look really, really good
  13. red_planet

fxx simpsons marathon

haven't posted in a very long time, but i logged in to say that these episodes look fantastic. the cropping is a shame, sure, but visually... this is the best the show's ever looked. i'm in awe of the remastering. it seemed like to me, visually, that seasons 1-5 were outstanding in places and...
  14. red_planet

post simpsons commentary quotes...

favorite of all time: marge vs. the monorail conan: these shots, of the monorail whipping around the town, when we got these back from korea, i was just amazed at how beautiful and how quick the animation was... i...i often watch those segments, and, um, touch myself.
  15. red_planet

Earliest Simpsons memories

I saw "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" in syndication somewhere around 2000, and from there on out was pretty much obsessed with syndicated reruns every night at 6 on my local UPN station. I watched first-run episodes rather infrequently, but "Treehouse of Horror XIII" got me hooked on watching them...
  16. red_planet

Now just what the hell is this: Toy Story 4

An Incredibles 2 would be a terrible idea. The Incredibles works just as a stand-alone film, I've felt.
  17. red_planet

Now just what the hell is this: Toy Story 4

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/zap-toy-story-4-tom-hanks-spills-on-a20110628,0,5707357.story Almost sounds like just a simple "I think they're working on it," when they very well may not be...but I think Pixar has sequel-itis. Cars 2, Monsters University...now this.
  18. red_planet

Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

Shit, I was at the bottom of page 18 and didn't see we had a 19 and 20 already :P Mod remove my post(s) so I don't look like an idiot :P
  19. red_planet

DVDs are traditionally released on Tuesday - all new media is, usually. I can't think of a single release in recent years that wasn't on a Tuesday. I'd be willing to be you're a day off. August 23 is a Tuesday, and that seems plausible.
  20. red_planet

Mirkin's also especially interesting and humorous in most of his commentaries, so I believe those are my favorites. Oakley & Weinstein second. They really seemed to care about each show and put a lot into them. None of the commentaries are truly bad, but Scully's are definitely the weakest in...
Back