Search results

1. THRILLHO1

Mayored to the Mob?

Nobody ever talks about this episode. What do you think about it. It's probably one of my top 10. Mark Hamill is hilarious in that episode.
  2. THRILLHO1

YES!!!!! (part 2)

As I said in this thread, I found a stockpile of Beavis and Butt-Head episodes at the end of some old home videos. As if it couldn't get any better, I started checking my other videos from that time to see if there were more B&B episodes. Unfortunately, there weren't, but I found something...
  3. THRILLHO1

Smooshies?

They reran the episode last night where Apu has an affair. In that episode, he, as part of his agreement with Manjula, breaks up with the Squishee lady and starts selling Smooshies instead. My question is, has this stayed consistent? Does anyone know if he went back to selling Squishees at...
  4. THRILLHO1

The Hullabalooza Irony

I was listening to Sonic Youth a minute ago, which gave me the itch to watch Homerpalooza. As Homer was lamenting his being out of the musical loop, I suddenly realized how ironic this episode has become. Smashing Pumpkins have broken up. Sonic Youth, while still together, are pretty much...
  5. THRILLHO1

Mister Krabappel?

I'm working on a fanscript and need someone to think for me. Have they ever revealed the first name of Edna's ex-husband? I can't think of a time they did but if anyone can, I'm all ears.
  6. THRILLHO1

Reused Animation in The Boy Who Knew Too Much

I just noticed this while watching The Boy Who Knew Too Much: When Bart is running from Principal Skinner ("He's like some sort of ... non-giving-up ... school guy."), there is brief flash to a scene that shows Bart running down a hill with his arms in the air. Immediately upon seeing it, my...
  7. THRILLHO1

R-e-l-a-p-s-e

I'm sure this has been discussed already so I'll wait for an onslaught of thread links, beratement, and finally the closure of my thread. In any case. Y'all got your wish. Barney relapsed into alcoholism. Everybody happy now? Do you think he'll stay that way?
  8. THRILLHO1

Do You Hate Spalding Gray? Perhaps You Have a Crayon in Your Brain!

I noticed this while watching A Milhouse Divided last night: HOMR is one of my favorite episodes, with Homer's great line, "I'm a Spalding Gray in a Rick Dees world." Yet in "Divided," Homer and Marge get into marital trouble when Homer refuses to see Spalding Gray with Marge, Luann and Chase...
  9. THRILLHO1

Backdoor Shenanigans

This is kind of a subtle joke... Did everybody catch the innuendo in Homer's line, "Sorry Mr. Burns, but I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans," in Last Exit to Springfield? See it works both ways. Mr. Burns wants to conduct business under the table, while Homer thinks Burns is coming...
  10. THRILLHO1

Phone Companies Changing Their Name

Alright, help me out folks. There's a scene in a very recent episode where OFF is trying to figure out the name of their phone company, because they have changed their name so many times. Can someone post the quotes from that scene?
  11. THRILLHO1

Showing the Simpsons in MY Class (a Rival Thread)

From another thread: Any thoughts on other episodes I should show? I'll probably end up showing about 3, and I really want to get the ones that deal with concepts of love the best. I don't want an episode that has a completely non-related subplot or doesn't go deep enough into the characters.
  12. THRILLHO1

Apparently, the Simpsons Gene also gives a propensity towards Monkey-Eating

Has anyone noticed the unhealthy fascination the Simpson males have with monkeys? Homer has owned a helper monkey; reenacted the Civil War with colobus monkeys; wants to rob the Quik-E-Mart so he can buy a giant ape; wants to blast across the alkali flats in a jet-powered, monkey-navigated...
  13. THRILLHO1

This Just In: Clancy Wiggum is NOT Ralph's Biological Father!

I was watching Itchy and Scratchy: the Movie just now and noticed something I have never heard pointed out before. When Homer is at Parent-Teacher night in Lisa's classroom, there is a man sitting in front of him that could only be Ralph's father. I tried to find a framegrab but came up...
  14. THRILLHO1

Congratulations! You're the Next Guest Star on the Simpsons!

You're playing yourself. What is your character like? Remember, you're playing YOU. Think of how Ron Howard is a loser on the show, or how Jasper Johns is a kleptomaniac. Would you make fun of yourself? Exaggerate a certain trait? Present yourself with utmost dignity? I'd be pretentious...
  15. THRILLHO1

Best Unsung Jokes

What are your favorite jokes in the show that most other people either don't get or just don't talk about much? This isn't so much choose-your-favorite-obscure-joke, it's more, what's-one-of-your-favorite-jokes-that-for-some-reason-other-people-don't-seem-to-like. Make sense? No? I didn't...
  16. THRILLHO1

For those of you in the know...

I got a little creative. I know of at least one person who would appreciate it. :D
  17. THRILLHO1

Two Jokes for the Price of One

I was watching Radioactive Man yesterday and noticed they make the same joke twice: Homer: "Do you have other men in this house? Radioactive men?" and Mickey Rooney: "They just wanted to tell a story, a story about a radioactive man...." There have been other instances of this as well. The...
  18. THRILLHO1

Don Rickles Just Zinged Ya, Marge!

No matter how many times I watch this episode, I cannot understand what Don Rickles says when zinging Marge. Someone please to help?
  19. THRILLHO1

Kearney is not a Smart Shopper

Why did Kearney purchase a fake ID (Charles Norwood) when he is obviously in his 30s? Point out your plot holes elsewhere!
  20. THRILLHO1

Dr. Sally Who?

I was thinking about Milhouse today as I often do, and reminisced on him sitting in the F-14 at the air show. In it, he pretends to shoot his mom, dad, and psychiatrist. Everyone spells the psychiatrist's last name "Waxler." But I started thinking about it and remembered the Wechsler...
Back