Search results

1. General Jack D. Ripper

Most Annoying Animated Character

Let's start with the obvious.
  2. General Jack D. Ripper

Favorite Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies Character

Figured I'd start this one to go with the Disney one. I've always been a sucker for Taz, Daffy, Bugs, Sylvester, and Marvin the Martian. I know, those are pretty obvious answers, but they're among the most famous for a reason, dammit.
  3. General Jack D. Ripper

Flaws only you seem to notice in normally loved episodes

I was watching Lemon of Troy the other day and, though I still think it's a great episode, towards the beginning I noticed some flaws. There were some jokes that I think would've been right at home in the current show. Some "stating the obvious" and "no one would ever just say that" parts. For...
  4. General Jack D. Ripper

Favorite TV show existing only in the Simpsons Universe

OPAL!!!! Seriously though, of the ones I can think of, Eye on Springfield as a hilarious rip on those quote-unquote "news" programs.
  5. General Jack D. Ripper

R&R: KOTH- Dreamweaver

Nice to get a Dale episode for the first time this season. I liked the subplot and the joke with Dale's only friend being his basket. The ending was great too, though the middle was a little too dry for my tastes. 4/5
  6. General Jack D. Ripper

Instances where normally bad Jokes/styles worked

Are there any moments where some running joke or character or style of humor that you don't normally liked worked? Like, say, if you normally don't like all the Scully-esque moments in general (which is the case for many members), was there any times where you think his style of humor really...
  7. General Jack D. Ripper

Ideal Characterizations of characters

Since it seems there hasn't been much discussion (ironically) in general discussion as of late, I thought I'd try and make a thread. Basically you say which episodes you feel had the best characterization of one character in particular, and please people, explain why. Let's say...Homer. My...
  8. General Jack D. Ripper

The REAL final trailer (6/15): REALLY discuss it here

Read the title. I'm seeing it later tonight.
  9. General Jack D. Ripper

IGN season 18 review

here it is! Pretty bad review IMO. I hate it how they act like they're really in touch with the Simpsons fanbase and think that we think on the last couple seasons (ie only Jean seasons) were going downhill. I mean, I wasn't a huge fan of this season, but ign really fails to make any valid...
  10. General Jack D. Ripper

Am I the only one who...

...enjoys every episode at least a little bit on some level? I mean, I've done my fair share of complaining on this website. It is, after all, a site devoted to discussing and critiquing Simpsons episodes. But no matter how low I've rated an episode (I think my lowest Simpsons episode grade is a...
  11. General Jack D. Ripper

Advanced Learning Lisa Info thread

Okay, this thread will be for mainly just the updates and info of the Advanced Learning Lisa script as it has become increasingly hard to find info in the other 10+ page thread. This thread would not be for discussion of the script. I'll edit the first post for updates on the first page...
  12. General Jack D. Ripper

A Discussion for the THOHs...

This thread is basically just for basic discussion of the THOH episodes in general, but not merely a "list your favorite THOH/THOH segment" but more of a discussion of them. Sure, you can do that but I want some discussion in this thread. I'll start with bringing up some faults I find of the...
  13. General Jack D. Ripper

Favorite Quotes/Moments of specific Characters

I think the title is pretty self-explanatory. Kind of hard to pick for some of the bigger secondary characters... Anyway, for Grampa, there's obviously his speech in Last Exit to Springfield and also the run in Lady Bouvier's Lover where he realizes he's in love, no its a stroke, no its love...
  14. General Jack D. Ripper

List your top 10 Futurama episodes!

Read the title and do it. I'm too lazy to do it right now, but I'll make one later. EDIT: 1. Time Keeps on Slipping 2. Luck of the Fryrish 3. A Clone of My Own 4. Roswell that ends well 5. The Sting 6. The Why of Fry 7. Parasites Lost 8. Xmas Story 9. Teenage Mutant Leela's Hurdles 10. Jurassic...
  15. General Jack D. Ripper

The final trailer: Discuss it here!

I'm fairly certain, if I'm not mistaken that the trailer aired with the 400th episode tonight. If I am mistaken, a mod can close this thread. Once you've seen it, discuss what you thought of it here. Stay away if you're scared of spoilers!
  16. General Jack D. Ripper

Best of the "middling seasons"

We all know what the general concensus around here usually is for best and worst seasons, but what about those seasons very rarely mentioned in the worst and best season categories? The middling seasons. I chose the ones that I thought most would agree would best fit this category (with the...
  17. General Jack D. Ripper

Seasons 13-16 Bland?

Here's the thing. I never found Jean's seasons before season 17 and 18 particularly bland, in fact, I liked them a lot, and even have some of them pretty high on my season rankings list. Here, though, most people says that all of these seasons are very boring and bland because of being gag...
  18. General Jack D. Ripper

And my episodes FALAMING!

Which of these episodes dealing with gay people or ideas do you like best? Sorry if I missed any. For me, its Homer's Phobia, followed by Simpson & Delilah.
  19. General Jack D. Ripper

Rate/Review: South Park "Night of the Living Homeless"

This week, we have something with an overflow of homeless in South Park. Rate and review...
  20. General Jack D. Ripper

Weaknesses and strengths to a particular EP/season

So, the purpose of this thread, thesides to have me make some pointless thread for fun, is to state particular weaknesses to a showrunner and season. Let's not go too crazy with Scully and Jean here people, critique the classic EPs too. The nitpickier the better. SS,JLB,&MG- Season 1 was the...
Back