Search results

1. L

Rate/Review EABF22 "The Regina Monologues"

Awful, just plain awful. It started with a nice Smithers/Burns scene, but they blew it after that (no pun intended). Why do they have to keep repeating plotlines? They've used the floating money scene before when Bart found the $20 Homer lost. I figured Bart and Milhouse would take the cash and...
  2. L

Rate/Review: The President Wore Pearls (EABF20)

Oh, boy... A "LISA" episode. <Shudder> "Jerkass Homer" was back in all his glory. I had to change the channel when he went into his stupid gay routine. Too predictable and so very Scully-era. Homer was a total waste in this episode. The musical numbers were forced and the lyrics were...
  3. L

Series 12

Yeah, getting bored to tears with this stuff. Let's see...series 12 included: Don Vittorio (cool) Number One (great) Mr. Plow (yawn) Louann Van Houten (big yawn) Mr. Largo (hand job gesture) Database (WTF???) Re-hashes (Mother @#$%!!!!) I'm at the point where I'm about ready to call it quits...
  4. L

Playmates is rereleasing classic figures!!

This is EXACTLY why I quit collecting MIB or MOC. I used to collect Star Wars, The Simpsons and a ton of other stuff. They're re-releasing everything these days....Tranformers, Micronauts, G.I. Joe, He-Man, etc. In 20 years, they'll pull out the Playmates molds and re-release this stuff all...
  5. L

Moe's Tavern and Duffman

There are six just sitting on the shelf at EB...at $29.95. I can't justify paying that much when I know they'll eventually mark them down. I keep checking though...
  6. L

Problems With Be-Sharps Skinner

Maybe his tongue is coated? <Snickers>
  7. L

Let's Re-Hash Series 12 Questions

Yeah, I just now found Mr. Largo at Suncoast ($7.99) I've been everywhere else and this is the only place I've found him.
  8. L

RATINGS: Guess which show beat The Simpsons last night?

Okay, I liked the movie...found it really funny. However, that doesn't always translate over to a T.V. show. Let's look at the facts: (1) There's a new guy playing the husband (different from the movie). (2) The grandmother character is missing. (3) They've changed some of the settings and...
  9. L

Rate & Review: A Star Is Born-Again (EABF08)

I thought it was a horrible episode...poor plot...lame execution. In my opinion, the worst of the season.
  10. L

The Simpsons Sign for 2 More Years !!!

All you whiners need to go watch "Friends" if you want to see crap-programming at it's best. Now, there's a show that's aired for too long.
  11. L

Llewellyn Sinclair & Cooder Now Arriving !

I haven't received mine, although I did send my letter in a week before the offer ended. I imagine that's part of the delay. That and the fact that I live in Mississippi. My check hasn't cleared either and that ain't making me feel much better. If I don't get them before too long, I'm gonna...
  12. L

Rate & Review: "Large Marge" (DABF18)

GREAT EPISODE! I thought the Batman and Robin gag was hilarious...very reminiscent of the "Shark Repellant" used in the Batman and Robin movie! The other thing I'm getting REALLY SICK OF is the "embarassed-collar-grabbing-gesture" they keep using. It sucks!!!
  13. L

Stupid idea.

I think this will be the "next-to-last-nail" in the WOS coffin. I'm eager to see how this affects the next year in sales. With the last few waves hitting clearance, I'm not optimistic. Hell, Walmart doesn't even carry the line anymore.
  14. L

beyond mainstreet

I think WOS is slowing down considerably. I expect to see a dramatic change over the next year and the line ceasing in 2004. Now that's not to say that they won't come out with a different scale or a new line (ex: the house playset in a smaller scale). But look at the failure of the Episode...
  15. L

Main St & Times Sq at Amazon Right Now !

My TRU's just got 4 Main Streets each... (we have 2 stores in town). At $59, I'm a bit hesitant to jump out and buy it. Has this been a really hot item at your stores? It's just a tight month on my pocketbook.
  16. L

Rate & Review: "Bart Vs. Lisa Vs. The Third Grade" (DABF20)

This episode blew chunks like last week's "Strummer." 'nuf said.
  17. L

Series 10 UPC - How to save it while saving your card!

Oh boy, I can tell you that it definitely works. I went to Target today and came across a whole rack of figures with their UPCs missing...
  18. L

Rate & Review: "Treehouse Of Horror XIII" (DABF19)

When it comes to viewers who say that they absolutely hated this episode...I have to quote Grandpa Simpson: "Bitch, bitch, bitch..." Just be glad the show is still on the air. ;)
  19. L

Rate & Review: "Treehouse Of Horror XIII" (DABF19)

I thought the episode was above average and got some good chuckles out of this one. I won't go into a detailed review, but had a question. In "Send in the Clones" - the landscape shot where all of the Homers were lined up: Were the glasses Homer was wearing supposed to be Kissinger's or was...
  20. L

THOH3...is it limited or not this time?

There's tons of these things at my local TRU... I have the sneaking suspicion that very few people are buying these up. Look at the prices on Ebay - they're hardly selling above cost.
Back