Search results

1. M

Rate and Review "The Mook, The Chef, The Wife And Her Homer" (HABF15)

I am going to echo Tomacco's sentiments in believing that this was one of the best Season premiers in a while. At the very least, it was much better than Bonfire of the Manatees. While I agree that there were some questionable directions the writers took (Bart having the mobsters beat up...
  2. M

Any Simpsons voices that you can mimic?

I also have to chime in and say that Jake's imitations were very well done. Bravo! As for voices that I can do? None. And thus ends this pointless post. Maddog.
  3. M

So let's look at Season 17 as a whole, now.

Definitely agree about "Cartoon Wars" I believe that was one of the sharpest and funniest things I've seen this past year. As for "The Boondocks" (and perhaps I should not ask this in this forum, but I will) are there episodes besides the one you just mentioned that I should watch? I've seen...
  4. M

Effect of commercials on the show

Because of my job, I am not at home for most of the shows that I watch on a regular basis. Therefore I began downloading episodes onto my computer which is a lot better. I agree that commercials can really ruin a show for you because it messes up the flow. I have to wonder if the commericals...
  5. M

So let's look at Season 17 as a whole, now.

I actually gave three or four perfect grades this year, however the majority of the episodes were very average, like most people have said. They were interchangable and were not all that memorable. I thought many episodes had either a moment, or a really awesome joke but then got bogged down...
  6. M

Rate/Review "Marge and Homer Turn a Couple Play" (HABF16)

A few people have mentioned that they felt that the one-time characters were not developed enough. However, with some notable exceptions, very few one-time characters have ever been that developed. They are there to fit a specific purpose in the show, and I think Buck and Tabitha filled their...
  7. M

Rate/Review "Regarding Margie" (HABF13)

I guess I'm in the minority thinking this was an awesome episode. I thought it was genuinely touching and heartfelt, which is something Al Jean has struggled with the past few years. I feally was emotionally invested in the story and felt really bad for Homer as he was giving that final speech...
  8. M

Your Simpsons Story...

I was six years old when by a total fluke my family happened to be watching the right Canadian channel (at the time we only had three :() and I saw "Simpson's Roasting on an Open Fire." Because my parents were always really cool with my siblings and I seeing "risque" things, they sat and...
  9. M

Rate/Review "Million Dollar Abie" (HABF09)

I will second that sentiment. This was a pretty forgettable episode for the most part. Rob Reiner, the news headline about Abe, the heart attacks, and the final bit over the end credits stood out, while the rest just kind of sat there on the screen. I agree with the person who said the episode...
  10. M

Rate/Review "Homer Simpson, This is Your Wife" (HABF08)

This looks like it may indeed be a pretty divisive episode. However, I really enjoyed it. I can understand DoTheBartman's grievences about too much going on at once, however I just didn't have a problem with it too much this go around. What I took away from it was that the main story arc was...
  11. M

Rate/Review "We're on the Road to D'ohwhere" (HABF04)

I thought this episode was very well done up until the final few moments. I do believe that Lisa's final line was very funny, but it shouldn't have ended the episode. It just left too many things unresolved and reminded me in a way of the ending to "The Computer Wears Menace Shoes" where the...
  12. M

Rate/Review "Treehouse of Horror XVI" (GABF17)

Mohammed Jafar really summed up pretty much what I was going to say. So, to save time just read one post up. However, my grade is slightly lower (3/5). I would actually say that this was the best THOH in the past three or four years, only because I felt that all the segments actually fit...
  13. M

Quotes about Jews and/or Money

A friend just contacted me about a presentation she is giving. She wants as many quotes about jews and/or money that the Simpsons have given. Can anyone think up any good ones? I have to say I can't think of any right now....I'm so ashamed. :) Maddog.
  14. M

Rate/Review "Bonfire of the Manatees" (GABF18)

I actually have to agree with this to a large extent. Except for some notable exceptions, the episodes I have given 3's or below to in the Jean era are ones that were very bland. I didn't hate them but they just weren't all that good. On the other hand, Scully had episodes that made me mad...
  15. M

Rate/Review "Bonfire of the Manatees" (GABF18)

This was simply an average episode that had the chance to take us on an extradorinary journey but decided not to and deliver one of the meh-est of meh episodes. There are a few things that would have tightened up the episode. Firstly, Marge was completely justified in being angry with the...
  16. M

Season 17 Information

Am I the only person who thought the octuplets were a stupid addition? What have they ever added? Majula I like, but the eight babies just seemed like a standeard sitcom device, except instead of having twins they thought it would be better to have 8 babies. Maddog.
  17. M

Season 17 Information

Go to the first page of this thread. It's all there. Maddog.
  18. M

Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

I think you are referring to what some other people thought at the time the episode aired was Homer's penis. The answer is a very big: NO! People are just perverted and see what they want to see. Kyle.
  19. M

Ask Simpsons Questions Here (Jokes We Don't Get, Which Episode, etc.)

I could be completely wrong, but I think he might be asking about Sweeps that happens in American TV. An American should probably explain it as I am Canadian and would probably botch it. :) Maddog.
Back