Search results

1. StrideR

alright whose job was it to feed the butterflies

Brock: Aww no fuckin' way! Late 60's ultra death ray! She's amazing! Saddle operated with Doom-code gearing. Freakin' gorgeous. Mr. Cardholder: If this were a woman, I'd marry it. Mr. Doe: And I'd jeopardize our friendship by nailing your hot wife. Brock: I'm gonna need some wheels...
  2. StrideR

The Monarch: (sighing) Jollyrancher82, never get henchmen. Jollyrancher82: You know, that's not my real name. The Monarch: Well, how was I supposed to know? I used my real name. Jollyrancher82: I just thought, you know... "The Monarch," I thought you were into cosplay... The...
  3. StrideR

I realize I am a Tijuana doctor, but even we have scruples. I could lose my license to practice…Mexican medicine. Dr. Venture: Alright Dean, you're going to have to pull down your pants. I have to palpate the region. Dean: Please dad! Please, please, please don't feel me up! Dr...
  4. StrideR

You all should be feeling the sting in your nether regions.
  5. StrideR

So... my feelings about Cartoon Network over the last five years.

More props for Adventure Time. I've only managed to watch it once on CN over here (on DSTV in Africa, schedule and air dates are very different for all shows), but it's a special kind of funny. Pendleton Ward, it's creator, is pretty young too, and cites The Simpsons and David Lynch as some of...
  6. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

I dunno, if there's any one overarching flaw in the writing, it's that it's sometimes too clever for its own good, demanding more than one or two viewings (and some research) to fully process subtle, yet crucial details in the plot and accompanying pop-culture references. Take this episode for...
  7. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

I think you're setting your expectations too high. There are going to be episodes like this, where character development and exploration are the focus, in this case 21/Dr. Mrs. The Monarch and Hatred/Brock as well as the deeper sorrows of Dr. Venture. It doesn't peak in "Everybody comes to...
  8. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

"Who disfigured you for life and helped girl Hitler steal your throne? Who seduced your wife and then passed her along to his brother for sloppy seconds?" Anyone observe how, beyond wielding ruthless authority over his subjects, Underbheit isn't really that diabolical?
  9. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

Ah... didn't get the Lyndon B. Johnson reference. I knew going in that last week's couldn't be topped, but decent showing of the revenge society, even if it felt a bit like a rehash of the order of the triad's arching audition. "Who disfigured you for life, and helped girl Hitler steal your...
  10. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

Agreed. I like Brock's new role, especially now that Sphinx has a bit part in almost every episode. Shore-leave and Gathers are like extension of his persona now.
  11. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

Hahaha, wow. Ridicularious. "I had sex! I had sex with a woman, and... and nothing will ever be the same, because of sex!" Loved the triumphant music playing in the background. I haven't been this giddy about a show since back when The Simpsons was awesome. I know krews are totally 3 years...
  12. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

"And that's why you'll never truly be cool. That little tidbit." "You have like, five villains in your joke of a society. You've no business here, no business!" "Needles? Yeah good one. Try huge spikes! They're wonderful and frightening and they go into the side of your neck and replace all...
  13. StrideR

The Venture Bros.

Just saw the Diving Bell and the Butter Glider. Hilarious. Need to figure out how to download the rest.
  14. StrideR

I absolutely do not understand racing, but my mental image of you is this guy: [img]

I absolutely do not understand racing, but my mental image of you is this guy: [img]
  15. StrideR

I love the album, but mainly because of And the World Laughs with You and Do the Astral Plane...

I love the album, but mainly because of And the World Laughs with You and Do the Astral Plane. I'm still a few listens away from fully appreciating the other songs. 1983 and July Heat are my faves.
  16. StrideR

Nigeria sucks. Intermittent electricity, rotten infrastructure, large disparity between rich and...

Nigeria sucks. Intermittent electricity, rotten infrastructure, large disparity between rich and poor, Rampant corruption, underdeveloped industries. We are the largest oil producing country in Africa, yet we import our gasoline. But it's home.
  17. StrideR

Spider-Man (1994-1998)

I agree it aged horribly, but lets not piss all over it: Not all animated shows could repeat the feat that was Batman:TAS. I'll give it props for trying something new with 3D and it's own original depiction of the spider sense. The long story arcs gave the show room to give depth to its...
  18. StrideR

Life after The Simpsons

Most if not all people who noticed the decline in season 9 and the rapid deterioration in season 10 have likely already moved on to other shows that fill the same role to them that OFF dominated in the first half of its existence. You know, TV has changed since The Simpsons was "better than 99%...
  19. StrideR

Off the top of my head, I really liked "Tales of Ba Sing Se." Great series, quite difficult to jump in midstream, but well worth watching. It's good to see a show, especially a kids' show, that doesn't dumb it down for easy viewing.
  20. StrideR

Hahahaha...

Hahahaha...
Back