Search results

1. TheForbiddenDonut

Rate & Review: "Daddicus Finch" (YABF01)

this ep fucking sucked, presumably
  2. TheForbiddenDonut

TFD's 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECTACULAR CELEBRATION ANTICIPATION STATION

whoa, sorry i missed my own anniversary folks! was just gonna chime into say... that after 25 years, the Simpsons remains...... Our Favorite Family.......................is what i was going to say until i started watching Bob's Burgers this week!!!!!!! :grill: congrats Belchers, you are...
  3. TheForbiddenDonut

TFD's 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY SPECTACULAR CELEBRATION ANTICIPATION STATION

Hoooooooooooooooooooowdy FOLKS! in a lil less than two months, i will be celebratin' my ten year anniversary at Ye Olde No NoHomers Club! :ac: that means it's time to paaaaaaaaarty down! :happygator: we're gonna have DAWGS :grill: we're gonna have DRANK :beerbang: and one lucky boarder will...
  4. TheForbiddenDonut

An announcement

i love the stimpsons
  5. TheForbiddenDonut

An announcement

mod me
  6. TheForbiddenDonut

NHC Weekly Episode Club v3.0

boooooooooooooooo how dare you insult my masterful mini-review
  7. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

ah, thought so. i've browsed there before, but never joined. the level of technical knowledge that a lot of the members there have is a bit daunting to me. also thanks a lot for the tip on importcds. Olive has a lot of great stuff coming soon, like those two 70s Godards and Johnny Guitar.
  8. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

lol, it's not that i feel guilty, just that it really makes me sad when such excellent companies aren't doing well financially, and as one of the minority of folks who is definitely interested in what they're selling, there's no reason why i shouldn't send something their way every so often...
  9. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

all that about MoC makes me feel terrible. you single-handedly inspired me to order the two Sirks on that label + Pialat's We Won't Grow Old Together. i'm probably gonna order a ton of stuff from Olive Films later this summer as well. Park Row is also my favorite Fuller, with Pickup on South...
  10. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

there's a sense in which his reckless lifestyle is intertwined with his genius. and it seems to be taken for granted that his kind of grand ambition and egoism could never become a stable Hollywood director. from what i know of him, it's hard for me to imagine his career turning out differently...
  11. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

the arc of Welles' career is really tragic and frustrating to me, and even though i think he did amazing work all throughout his career, the question of what he might have done if things had gone better for him in Hollywood always lingers for me. i'll check out The Stranger as soon as possible...
  12. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

yeah i think at some level the scattershot-ness represents a new direction for him that he mastered extremely well (more montage-based than spatially based), but i do think there's a perfection that Kane and Ambersons achieve that something like Othello doesn't. Chimes at Midnight is the...
  13. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

i love Welles too. have you seen his European works? i'm absolutely in love with F for Fake and Chimes at Midnight. i still have so much Ford to see (i've seen only seventeen of his films so far), but i'll echo your love for Fort Apache (one of Ford's most complex films, i'd say), How Green Was...
  14. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

i agree that it's primarily comic with tragic digressions, but i thought it was perfect, because lest you get too wrapped up in the film's good cheer, there will be an occasional plummet back to the harshness of life and moments of doubt that invalidate all the good cheer (the death of the baby...
  15. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

sup Ragged_Clown! holy shit, move to B&R and make our film discussion exponentially better than it currently is. i'm a huge fan of sentimental Ford (my other Ford favorite is The Sun Shines Bright), and The Long Gray Line sort of weds Ford's sentimentality for military honor and Irish immigrant...
  16. TheForbiddenDonut

Favourite Movies

A Woman Under the Influence (Cassavetes) Earth (Dovzhenko) Playtime (Tati) Dead Man (Jarmusch) Eyes Wide Shut (Kubrick) Out of the Blue (Hopper) The Mortal Storm (Borzage) 24 City (Jia) Late Spring (Ozu) In Praise of Love (Godard) F for Fake (Welles) The Long Gray Line (Ford) Rio Bravo (Hawks)...
  17. TheForbiddenDonut

Rate & Review: Grampa VS. Sexual Inadequacy

this is one of the best episodes
  18. TheForbiddenDonut

DC Universe Animation General Discussion (DCAU and More)

you could always get a region-free player
  19. TheForbiddenDonut

How would you have changed the simpsons movie?

not having a sense of humor
  20. TheForbiddenDonut

How would you have changed the simpsons movie?

but surely Disco Stu made an appearance in the movie?
Back