Search results

1. B-Boy

Rate & Review: "Frinkenstein's Monster" (35ABF03)

Such a nothing episode. What more can I add? 2/5
  2. B-Boy

I love you guys

This has been my home on the internet for nearly six years. The first and last place I check in on every day. <3
  3. B-Boy

Favorite Videogame?

Half-Life 2: Episode Two.
  4. B-Boy

Pixelated And Afraid vs. A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream

I respond more strongly to the realism, groundedness, and gravity of Pixelated and Afraid. It's less ostentatious, theatrical, and melodramatic than A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream, which is also very specifically about motherhood whereas Pixelated and Afraid has a broader focus on romantic love...
  5. B-Boy

What's the last video game you played?

I'm currently 50 hours into Baldur's Gate 3, which I'm couch co-oping with my wife and it's been a blast. I recently finished Amnesia: Rebirth and am close to finishing Amnesia: The Bunker. I'm also working my way through Star Trek: Resurgence while replaying the original Quake for the first...
  6. B-Boy

STAR TREK

Picard was a mess and season three was no different. The entire show was compromised by a lack of consistency and cohesion - narratively, tonally, thematically, philosophically. Season one was cynical, cruel, and gratuitous. Season two was misguided, convoluted, and superfluous. Season three was...
  7. B-Boy

Hey, I'm good thanks! Cool, I'll check them out. :)

Hey, I'm good thanks! Cool, I'll check them out. :)
  8. B-Boy

STAR TREK

I'll put together some thoughts tomorrow!
  9. B-Boy

STAR TREK

It's not perfect by any means, but I find myself constantly revisiting scenes and moments. I think it was a success overall and I'm glad we got it warts and all.
  10. B-Boy

Rate & Review: "Pretty Whittle Liar" (UABF09)

Hard to argue with such well-reasoned, well-articulated criticism. I remember kinda sorta enjoying this the last time I watched it, but your thoughts will definitely inform my next viewing.
  11. B-Boy

Rate & Review: "The Last Barfighter" (QABF15)

Definitely the best episode of season 32.
  12. B-Boy

Thanks dude!

Thanks dude!
  13. B-Boy

Season 35 Information Thread

My apologies. I wondered if it was a jab at certain users who have used phrases like 'dramatic truth' when discussing specific Selman episodes.
  14. B-Boy

Season 35 Information Thread

Hmm. This comes across as a thinly veiled insult towards certain members here...
  15. B-Boy

Is the show becoming more like Simpsons Comics?

These are certainly hot takes. I'll take that as a compliment.
  16. B-Boy

Yup. Another universal truth - humans have a funny knack of repeating the same mistakes.
  17. B-Boy

This is correct. The truth is in our individual and collective susceptibility to con artists - to self-serving and nefarious yet charismatic personalities, to grandiose claims and false promises, all in the vain hope that one or more aspects of our lives and communities will reap the rewards.
  18. B-Boy

You're right, but I think what The Simpsons is truly known for - the real reason for its unprecedented success and longevity - is its honesty and wisdom. In the classic era, that was to show the world for what it really was - corrupt, remorseless, and cruel. It spared nothing and nobody with its...
  19. B-Boy

Do people really shoot their wives with tranquilliser darts to get out of some housework? Of course not! The classic era remains as veracious as it ever has, evidenced today by the countless memes that continue to circulate which transpose scenes from the show to current real-world situations...
  20. B-Boy

I would argue that the Scully era (particularly season 11) got awfully close.
Back