Search results

1. iambobdole1

The Lounge: Now As Active As The UK Lounge

so...panther got banned? You know what, forget I asked
  2. iambobdole1

Hey everybody! Have I missed anything good since I've been gone?
  3. iambobdole1

Holy crap. All of you. Watch Stranger Things. Like, right now!
  4. iambobdole1

General Movie Discussion

I don't usually do this sort of thing, but I thought this would be a good place to plug my new blog I've been working on. I'm looking to review a wide variety of things, so feel free to make some suggestions. I know there's not too much as yet, but I have a few new ones in the pipeline, so I...
  5. iambobdole1

General Theme Park Discussion Thread

Ech, I give up on this thread
  6. iambobdole1

What do I think about Star Trek?

Hey, OSS!
  7. iambobdole1

Good lord, I really let this thing hang, didn't I? Well, I'm here now for anyone still interested, First of all, a couple of things I forgot from the Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Philharmagic - Cute show, but once you spot the signs of aging on the print, it's just about all you can look at, which...
  8. iambobdole1

Things that went over the censors' heads

Alternate title for this thread: Misread all jokes that are even remotely sexual
  9. iambobdole1

So, since money is tight for us, the wife and I have decided to cancel our cable and sign up for a couple different streaming services so we can get our entertainment that way. We're going to be doing Netflix (which we already had) Shomi and CraveTV. Altogether this saves us a fair bit of cash...
  10. iambobdole1

Well, it seems like this thread is pretty much a ghost town, but by God, I made notes on things and I'm going to use 'em dammit! :gatorfistshake: So, here's my Magic Kingdom commentaries: once again, I'm only commenting on any new experiences or differences in rides I noticed. Haunted Mansion...
  11. iambobdole1

Simpsonwave

I stumbled onto this stuff maybe a week or two ago. I find it strangely compelling. When the videos are cut right, they can spark some strangely emotional responses. I think this is one of the best I've seen:
  12. iambobdole1

What do I think about Star Trek?

Personally, I don't know if watching just the pilots for each series after TOS is the way to go here. A few of them didn't really form a true identity until a few seasons in, and some even changed tone quite a bit mid-run (Enterprise, Deep Space 9). It will be interesting to see the...
  13. iambobdole1

Spoiler Alert

I think the issue is that media has become so spoiler-dependent in their promotion methods (ie, 'leaked' footage/trailers, etc.) that it's almost impossible to get away from unless you completely unplug from social media. Add various fan groups to this, and it's a recipe for disaster. I've...
  14. iambobdole1

We found Life of Brian, Return of the Living Dead, and Livewire (early Pierce Brosnan action flick)
  15. iambobdole1

Over the weekend stopped by to visit the in-laws briefly. They're still working on clearing out my wife's grandma's stuff (she passed back in December), and we came across a few things for ourselves. Found a few rare VHS finds, plus Led Zeppelin III on vinyl, which is in pretty decent condition!
  16. iambobdole1

Time for more Disney trip updates! Day Three - Fantasia Mini-golf and a proper look at Disney Springs We decided to take it easy for this day and just did a bit of exploring. First up was the Fantasia mini-golf. There was a slight wait to get in since several other people had the same idea as...
  17. iambobdole1

Things that should be added to noHomers.net

And you should win things by posting