Search results

1. BlitzPhoenix98

Best Swartzwelder episode

You Only Move Twice. Let's be real, no episode could be that relatable and funny at the same time in just about 22 minutes. Going away from home, moving to a new neighborhood, meeting a new boss, endlessly funny quotes (If you could kill someone on your way out, it would be of big help!)...
  2. BlitzPhoenix98

RATE AND REVIEW: "The Debarted" (KABF06)

Yeah, the subplot was disappointing. No originality whatsoever and Homer once again making dumb choices. Oh well. At least Season 19 gave us another strong Bart-oriented episode.
  3. BlitzPhoenix98

Is that 90's show a good episode

Please stop beating dead horses, they're already dead :(
  4. BlitzPhoenix98

"Welcome to the world of tomorrow !" aka I rate and review Futurama

Yeah, that was the episode I was referring to. I found that episode ok primarily because Futurama shows that it can really step out of its comfort zone. It is silly, it is crude, but it's also mature. And really, it has by far the worst characterization of Zapp Brannigan and you feel sorry for...
  5. BlitzPhoenix98

Same score here, a.k.a. 7/10. Leela's scream after realizing she was wooed into having sex with Zapp Brannigan was priceless! One also can't avoid laughing at Zapp's dumb mispronunciations of words and Nibbler just gobbling up every animal. And honestly, I'm not too big of a Zapp fan myself. He...
  6. BlitzPhoenix98

Reviews - "The Parent Rap"

Umm, ok, so... where is the poll?
  7. BlitzPhoenix98

Notable Deaths 2022

Meat Loaf :( http://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/21/meat-loaf-bat-out-of-hell-singer-dead-at-74/
  8. BlitzPhoenix98

RATE AND REVIEW: "The Debarted" (KABF06)

The Debarted is a very frustrating episode to rate. Not because it's bad, but it's because it had the true potential to stand tall as another post-classic era episode, much like Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind, 24 Minutes & Moe Baby Blues. So let's get this out of the way. The A-Plot with...
  9. BlitzPhoenix98

Rate and Review: Season 8

Yeah, I honestly don't understand either why people think Season 8 is bad. It's definitely a classic and has some of the best episodes in the bunch (especially You Only Move Twice & The Springfield Files, easiest Top 2 episodes of all time). And not to mention it had The City of New York vs...
  10. BlitzPhoenix98

Looking back at seasons 17-20.

Season 23 actually has multiple good episodes. The first two of the Season were good, all Selman episodes, How I Wet Your Mother & Beware My Cheating Bart were also good to excellent episodes. I liked Politically Inept, too. But At Long Last Leave definitely should NOT have been the 500th...
  11. BlitzPhoenix98

Looking back at seasons 17-20.

A few episodes I remember as being good from each season, like 7-10/10 Tier: Season 17: The Girl Who Slept Too Little Treehouse of Horror XVI Marge's Son Poisoning The Italian Bob The Seemingly Never-Ending Story (9/10) Bart Has Two Mommies Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore Girls Just Wanna Have Sums...
  12. BlitzPhoenix98

What series have you seen complete?

Including miniseries? Then Friends, Breaking Bad, Malcolm in the Middle, The Good Place & The Queen's Gambit. Also finished Season 6 of Futurama; 26 episodes remain there for Season 7, so nearing the end of that as well. And when I was younger, I watched a bit of 2 1/2 Men and The Big Bang...
  13. BlitzPhoenix98

2022 Writers Guild Award Nominations - Full List

Seriously? The Star of the Backstage instead of A Serious Flanders? Need to watch Mare of Easttown; good reminder of it being nominated lmao.
  14. BlitzPhoenix98

Unpopular opinion: This is the weakest episode of Season 1. I am sorry, but this episode just feels a bit too uneventful for me. Yes, it has jokes, but it's one of those episodes where nothing really happens. Fry searching for a new apartment feels basic. I loved where Bender's antenna was the...
  15. BlitzPhoenix98

How was Season 30?

The worst Season of all-time, and the only Season where I wouldn't put a single episode in the A-Tier, as well as 2 F episodes, with Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy falling as the 2nd worst episode of all time, behind The Boys of Bummer. Nothing really sticks out as memorable except maybe 4-5...
  16. BlitzPhoenix98

How would you rate "Season 26"?

This season is pretty much another Al Jean Season - as in that there are only barely any real highlights and the rest are either middling or boring. 2nd half especially is all average or below average minus Sky Police. The Selman episodes thankfully are the saving grace. 1. Clown in the Dumps -...
  17. BlitzPhoenix98

Rate & Review: Season 26

Oh really? Never mind then. I tried searching for countless hours trying to find it but to no avail, thanks lmao
  18. BlitzPhoenix98

Is lisa goes gaga a good episode

I'll never understand why we need to keep beating a dead horse. Just let it go already.
  19. BlitzPhoenix98

Rate & Review: Season 26

Since there was no Rate & Review Thread for this one, I thought I'd make it myself this time. This season is pretty much another Al Jean Season - as in that there are only barely any real highlights and the rest are either middling or boring. 2nd half especially is all average or below average...
  20. BlitzPhoenix98

Rate & Review: Season 5

WHOOPS NEVER REVIEWED THIS. Season 5 marks a new era of the Simpsons - with Al Jean & Mike Reiss relinquishing their positions as showrunners, it's now up to David Mirkin to rebuild everything from scratch. Now with him sitting at the throne, Mirkin introduces a less grounded and more surreal...