prince jafar allah

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• B
    you should also do a review of fabulous muscles

just because
    B
    i barely read music reviews but dude im fucking pumped to read your stuff!! what are the first reviews yr putting up anyway?
    B
    HAHA

also, i dunno, he moves a shit load more than i ever remember john doing. i think frusciante's problem was that he was fixed to the mic towards the later part of his rhcp stint

all these videos are coming out now and im kinda going nuts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sG8WxE6GR8&

theres also some new track in 7/8 i cant find the vid but its so odd hearing kiedis sing in that time
    B
    mauro refosco is a perma live member of rhcp. hes killing it on percussion at the start here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Jipk2ZMBxQ

klinghoffer killz. he already has the best stage presence of any rhcp member ever and his backing vocals on under the bridge are so good
    B
    hahaha yeah i told ya. i dig it so much but its also apparent that ive build it up in my head so much that im 100% biased no matter what. they coulda tricked the world and leaked a new national song and i would probably loved it

as usual though their singles probably don't reflect their albums. the single apparently comes out tomorrow with a bside so thats fursure gonna prove interesting
    B
    hahaha it'll probably leak whilst im asleep. thank you very much australia

also i like it. and by like it i mean i don't hate it. and that its much better than stadium arcadium and i like that the band name is white and almost impossible to make out
    B
    the first chili peppers SINGLE drops in a few days FINALLY

it hasn't leaked yet and its pissing me off

people that have heard it say that klinghoffer is all over that motherfucker ripping shit up. and i'm glad.
    yeah i love "george square thatcher death party" and "mexican grand prix" (wouldn't have minded a whole album of songs like those) and death rays has just recently starting sticking out as well.

probably their least interesting song titles to date, though
    B
    i can't find

smetana - prodana nevesta
    janacek - kata kabanova

anywhere. im always shit at finding orchestral music, for whatever reason. its just so messy. do you have links handy?
    i think it is my fault. even i don't know the limits of my own power. vienna schmienna
    B
    oh haha yeah i forgot about mozart

propz on that list
    B
    jafar could you plz rec me some opera music? i love wagner and stravinsky opera kinda stuff but im pretty clueless with much else and have been wanting to get into it for years
    B
    in the mod forum theres a thread about your bono account. some people were strangely pissed
    B
    you should make another 'bono' account
    B
    i've never seen it so i just watched it then. ugh, possibly the most depressing episode of cribs ive ever seen. chad smith is just... there, and its totally baffling. he is wearing a boston US TOUR shirt as opposed to a sleeveless denim and i don't even know if thats better/worse. that foo figthers drummer guy is fucking awful and makes me despise the foo fighters even more. it reminds me of this awful 'roadwork' vid from the rhcp/foo fighters tour in 2001. half of the feature consists of chad smith, that drummer and dave grohl being total obnoxious twats. meanwhile theres a few rad moments of frusciante and flea in there, but barely. the most embarrassing part is when that drummer goes up to john and says to the camera 'THIS GUYS THE BEST GUITARIST ON THE TOUR... OUR GUITARIST SUCKS!!' and johns like 'haha oh, ok' and walks off
    B
    thats my main beef with rubin. dude insists on having dry vocals at the front of the mix. every single fucking time. i don't even like kiedis anymore. i like him as a concept.. just some indestructible lispy drug overlord who gets away with the sleaziest shit. i've also got beef with chad smith.. i mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejd6C-4mODc

atleast ian mackaye's 'vowel movement' was rad as hell
    B
    i don't know if it made the record but they reworked a song josh wrote back when he was 19, i think he does lead vocals on it too. or maybe rubin made kiedis redo the vocals. i hope josh does lead as hes a better singer than kiedis times 100 billion. i hope he drums on it too actually. hes never really had his own band [aside dot hacker] so im really interested to see him go all out creatively

did you see the [shitty quality] video of their cover of 'man needs a maid' by neil young? from what i hear its pretty great. especially the part where josh takes lead vocals.
    B
    not sure if you've read much leading up stuff about it [theres not much, really] but during the hiatus flea went to music school and studied jazz theory and is now deep into playing piano. apparently lots of their new tracks started from a piano idea flea had or an idea josh had on whatever instrument and they jammed from there, instead of the usual 'all from jamming' style they had previously. flea and josh went to africa together and got d e e p into african [funk] music. an online friend is real life friends with josh and he said the record has strong african funk influences, as well as electronic stuff. this was a while ago and i don't know how much has changed since
    B
    fucking awesome @ the idea of burial

i figure rhcp are always much better live. despite kiedis being really shitty most of the time. theres more energy and the songs really come alive. whereas lots of their studio recordings do sound dead and this is entirely rubin's fault

they've never had a good producer and its shit

they have a new record coming out in like august with josh klinghoffer replacing frusciante, which should be good musically. but rubin is still 'producing' which bugs the hell out of me. i don't know why they couldn't just ask frusciante to atleast mix it or something
    B
    atleast listen to rivers of avalon

im listening to it now. it rules
    B
    ah yes forgot about melancholy mechanics. great song. basically, all the bsides shoulda been on that record. fuck i hate 'falling intro grace', 'walkabout' and a few others. i remember you described the interlude on 'one big mob' as a 'pig orgasm' which is totally accurate. whereas i love transcending, deep kick, title track etc
    B
    i quite like quixoticelixir. kiedis sucks on it but the music is pretty nice i esp love john's backing vocals on the chorus. gong li is probably a top 5 rhcp song for me. i always thought it was kinda weird how they recorded it with john, because it seems like the song is written TO john [but kiedis probably wrote it back during ohm]

theres plenty of other rad b-sides i hope you've checked out like 'rivers of avalon' from the zephyr song single. which is especially awesome. the ohm b-sides are really nice too especially some parts of 'stretch', 'bob' and also 'lets make evil', which all shouldve been on ohm and songs like 'walkabout' shoulda be omitted
    B
    well i hope you also know 'gong li'
    B
    haha what? you didnt know about it?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back