TheForbiddenDonut

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Definite yes to both those questions, unfortunately I haven't really had the time to explore film lately, but thanks for the recommendation! I'll be sure to watch the movie (I've heard a couple of the Floyd songs from the soundtrack albums), I should have some time around Thanksgiving or so
    A website who can interest you : http://filmsdefrance.com/homepage_eng.html

It's a website about French cinema, with many filmographies and some biographies of actors / directors / writers. Many films are listed, under different categories (genre, decade, quality or box office). Films listed have ratings, synopsis, credits and often 1 (sometimes 2) review(s).
    Thanks for the recommendations. ;) And if you see Stavisky, you will can post a review in my Belmondo / Delon thread. :cool:
    Yesterday, I have seen a film that could interest you : Stavisky, because it's directed by Alain Resnais (1974), and it's with Jean-Paul Belmondo.
    A story maybe a little bit complicated, because it alternates between past, present and future, and we wonder what comes to make Trotsky in this story, despite an attempt of explanation towards the end of the film.
    But it's also a nice reconstitution of 1930's, with an impeccable Belmondo, like the supporting cast : Charles Boyer, François Périer, Michael Lonsdale, and even a short appearance of a young and still unknown Gérard Depardieu.
    okay on a bit of further investigation I realized it's just a common screenshot from google image.

but you really nailed what makes the film amazing.
    I've seen an early Belmondo film with Le Doulos (Jean-Pierre Melville, 1962). So, I've actually rated on Criticker 15 Delon's films, 11 Belmondo and 7 Gabin.

I envisage to create a Belmondo / Delon thread, and maybe also one for Gabin in A/V Club.
    I have tried many times but it keeps saying and admin needs to verify it.
    Please

Next time you see Mike tell him that I need to be on the Shaq

I miss the Shaq

I need it to live

I don't want to die.
    I don't hold it against you, bro
    I know

Wait

He can just retrieve my old password?

If so, feel free to delete my new account I set up.
    I know

I was in such a hurry to post this video of these two fat rude british chicks too

:(
    Hey Stu I forgot my password for the Shaq, I don't use that old email and I accidently clicked logout

fuck
    Another four films with Alain Delon at French TV :

08-24-2010 : Le Battant (by and with Alain Delon, 1983)
    09-04-2010 : Les granges brûlées (Jean Chapot, 1973)
    09-06-2010 : Mélodie en sous-sol (Henri Verneuil, 1963)
    09-07-2010 : La Piscine (Jacques Deray, 1969)
    After watching a film with a quartet Jean-Paul Belmondo - Bourvil - David Niven - Eli Wallach, I'll watch the two films with Belmondo and Alain Delon as co-leading roles. ;)
    Le Cercle Rouge is finished. Great movie, impressive actors, particularly Delon and Bourvil. :)
    I've seen some scenes of Breathless, but not in full. I'm not really familiar with Godard's films. :oops:
    For early Belmondo, I forgot Greed in the Sun a.k.a. Cent mille dollars au soleil (1964), with Lino Ventura and Bernard Blier. Excellent film.
    Actually, no. I haven't seen many films of early Belmondo, except Is Paris Burning ? (1966), but it's only a participation (he have one scene with Alain Delon, however). :oops: I know more the Belmondo of 70's / 80's, that I appreciate.
    I have some films with him in reserve, however (same for Delon).
    I don't know if I'll watch Pierrot le fou, but I'll watch Le Cercle Rouge, sure.

I have rated 10 films on Criticker.
    Pierrot le fou will be rebroadcasted at French TV the 23th August. And tonight, Le Cercle rouge. ;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back