Votes: 47 37.9%
  • 3/5 It was OK

Votes: 21 16.9%
  • 2/5 Poor episode

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1/5 Very poor episode.

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters
^ Um... how? Why not, instead of giving vague responses that don't answer anything, you go into detail on what you actually mean?

Anyways, love this episode. One of my favourite I&S-themed ones. It is a little slow, but I kinda like the slow-paced ones. The parodies are great and there are quite a few brilliant moments throughout, and I love Lampwick. Bart and Lisa were very well-utilized and the ending is just hilarious and creepy in that meta way. It's just... really, really good.

5/5.

I agree with S. Bubbles the ending was creepy but the overall episode was great,10/10.

Mr. Amendment
Mah threads baby were a few memorable parts

B+ and 4/5

Last edited:
This isn't a very memorable episode IMO, but it was moderately funny. The best part of this episode is the Amendment To Be cartoon. 4/5.

Kid: Hey, who left all this garbage on the steps of Congress?
Amendment: I'm not garbage.

(starts singing)

I'm an amendment-to-be, yes an amendment-to-be,
And I'm hoping that they'll ratify me.

There's a lot of flag-burners,
Who have got too much freedom,
I want to make it legal
For policemen to beat'em.

'Cause there's limits to our liberties,
At least I hope and pray that there are,
'Cause those liberal freaks go too far.

(spoken)
Kid: But why can't we just make a law against flag-burning?
Amendment: Because that law would be unconstitutional.
But if we changed the Constitution...
Kid: Then we could make all sorts of crazy laws!
Amendment: Now you're catching on!
Kid: What if people say you're not good enough to be in the
Constitution?

(sings)

Amendment: Then I'll crush all opposition to me,
And I'll make Ted Kennedy pay.
If he fights back, I'll say that he's gay.

(spoken)
Congressman: Good news, Amendment! They ratified ya!
You're in the US Constitution!
Amendment: Oh yeah!

Says it all really. Really great episode and the song is an underrated The Simpsons moment. 5/5

Loved the manic mailman thing.

“The Day the Violence Died” is a great Bart-Lisa storyline from season seven, where excellent Bart and Lisa episodes (some together, some apart) frequently appear. This episode is another case of that, and I’m glad to be reviewing it today.

I was quite intrigued and shocked that it went in this route – I know, I know .. it sounds strange, but I really was. I also found the ending to be more hilarious as time went on, and now I consider the episode one of the best. The most hilarious moment of the episode would have to be the “I’m Just an Amendment-to-Be” segment from The Krusty the Clown Show without Itchy & Scratchy. I liked how it ‘patronizes’ Schoolhouse Rock, of which I didn’t really enjoy the cartoons all that much so I found the reference making fun of it to be hilarious. I also liked paint my chicken coop, Lester and Eliza, and the Fritz the Cat reference.

I liked all parts of this episode – but if I had to pick a least favorite moment, it would definitely be the ending with Lester and Bart staring at eachother .. the writers could have easily think of something better than that to end the episode, and I believe that it was just a cheap joke.

Overall, this episode is a great, solid installment to season seven. In just a few words, this episode will be spectacular to watch if you love all things season seven and Bart.

A+ - 5/5

Last edited:
One of the most underrated episodes ever. I absolutely adore the ending. It completely mocks the old plot of "Bart and Lisa save the day" and gives us some great meta referencing (ie. not too obvious) in the process. Aside from that there were some really clever jokes and little moments that I find highly amusing ("dinner daaaawwwwgg", Krusty's face after being told the judge doesn't care about his blintzes), as well as a really interesting, well written and dense plot.

A bordering on A+... I'm not sure why I love it so much.

Very funny episode, some of the credits in the Itchy cartoon, which I only really read after the hundredth watch, cracked me up to no end. Ethnographer... priceless!
5 OUT OF 5 YANKEE DOODLY DANDIES

4/5
Great but not the best Itchy & Scratchy episode it gets a bit slow in the middle. The ending is kinda cheap but still hilarious and pretty clever.
Favorite lines
"No, money down!"
"Paint my chickin coop"

And the fritz the cat parody was great.
And the school house rock parody is one of my favorite moment in Simpson history.

what i like:

-"Which one's Itchy, the car?"
"The mouse"

-the fritz the cat parody

-every court scene was hysterical

-the ending

-the schoolhouse rock parody

5/5, perfect episode and one of my personal favorites

So I revisited this episode this morning because last night Much Music aired it (but as scheduled they rarely adjust their schedule for special occasions, I think the last time they did that was when Marcia Wallace passed) which was kind of sad timing since Kirk Douglas passed on hours earlier, I think he has the record of the greatest age reached by a Simpsons guest star (I think), so now Betty White is currently the oldest living Guest star

I didn't really understand the ending, I mean a part of me is wondering if Meyers tracked down Lester and Eliza for the purpose of spite considering his speech about plagiarism at the end of the second act and oh BTW this episode marks the last time Alex Rocco voiced him as we have not seen much of him since Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie, but then again after that they ran out of ideas in regards to Itchy and Scratchy related plots, at least not until the Itchy and Scratchy Reboot episode. Also, Hi when and how the hell did Apu end up in jail? did Homer nail him for the contaminated food again?

I gotta admire Jack Sheldon for continuously repeating his role as the bill on the stairs on occasion except for that episode of Johnny Bravo

Well, I know it's over a year, but LegalEagle has reviewed the episode, providing it with facts on copyright law, and gave it an A- for some strong points, and a few points it missed.

An Underrated episode, it's kinda good, surprisingly it's often being ranked down there with the worst of the season, but a great episode which deserves a 4.5/5

BTW this episode marks the last time Alex Rocco voiced him as we have not seen much of him since Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie
Unless I'm mistaken he did voice him in that one as well.

And it's funny how this episode is considered one of the season's worst because if anything I often see it being called one of it's best. Sadly I'm not one of those people and would also call it one of it's worst, easily 2nd after Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

But unlike that episode which pretty much fails right off the bat with one of the show's worst cases of an Idiot Plot heavy first act that the rest of the episode is dependent on in order for it to "Work", this episode is honestly decent for a little more than 2/3rds of it. Sadly, this is one of those examples of an episode having a bad ending that completely screws everything over! I know that the decision of the intentional Ass Pull was to subvert expectations, but in this episodes' case it wasn't worth it as it totally backfired and blew up in their faces...

The episode looks fine, actually... It may have issues and weaknesses, but there were some laughs, like the ending with Lester and Eliza, but otherwise, the concept was amazing to see, like Itchy's first short "Manhattan Madness". The writing was interesting, but seemed a little bit suspicious at times.

Overall, the episode is alright, but seemed to be pretty weak at times. It was still pretty good though.  A

This is a great Itchy & Scratchy episode. Not the best, but still great in its own way. I actually like the ending. It’s so different and it switches things up, letting someone besides Bart and Lisa solve the problem in Springfield, leaving them with an eerie feeling.
~ Ghost Scratchg
~ Itchy’s laugh after taking a sip of drink, complete with Scratchy’s eyeballs for ice cubes.
~ Itchy and Scratchy meet Fritz the cat
~ $750 American (lmao)
~ Get out of bum town you no talent bum
~ Itchy the Mouse in Manhattan Madness complete with Teddy Roosevelt (love Milhouse’s reaction)
~ Last time I try to impress a 4 year old
~ It’s just Bart and a mysterious stranger
~ Rich Uncle Skeleton
~ The look on Krusty’s face when the judge tells him he doesn’t care about his blitz’s
~ Ghost Mutt (lmao!!)
~ Liver and onions (mmmmm)
~ “Look Marge a couple of bucks!” (Greedy prick)
~ Neoconservative children’s cartoon from the 80’s parodying Schoolhouse Rock
~ Public Nudity codes and statutes
~ Lester and Eliza
5/5 A

Back