Top 5 best Simpsons Spin-Offs?

Cole Miner

Junior Camper
The Simpsons has a very large cast of characters but we haven't gotten a single spin-off yet, which, I think is a shame ! I believe it would give the writers a lot more ideas to work with and fans something fresh to be excited for, so here are my ideas for Top 5 Simpsons Spin-offs I would like to see:

1. The Apu Show (Inspired by The Cleveland Show)
Apu and Manjula move back to India, perhaps to take care of Apu's elderly mother, this idea was inspired by the Cleveland Show and, not unlike The Cleveland Show, it could give the writers an opportunity to re-invent a character that doesn't hold up anymore for a lot of viewers! In my idea, Apu only takes some of his kids (maybe 2-3) while others stay with his brother to attend to Kwik-e-Mart to slim down the main cast and make it more palatable!

2. Patty & Selma (Inspired by Tuca & Bertie)
Patty and Selma are, in my opinion, the perfect candidates for a more mature and raunchy The Simpsons project and they already deal with a lot of themes that are present and potent in Tuca & Bertie like substance use and mature relationships. Also has good potential for a funny Tuca & BART gag.

3. Young Homer (Inspired by Young Sheldon)
We have already seen plenty of episodes of The Simpsons featuring young Homer but those episodes are usually limited to showing us characters and dynamics we are already familiar with and they don't have a consistent or interesting set up between them.

4. Lisa Simpson and Juliet Hobbes Magical Girl adventure (canonical, but takes place in an imaginary world)
This spin-off would star Lisa and Juliet as they experience Springfield and Springfield shenanigans through the lens of
fantasy, reimagining and reinventing many already familiar to us characters. Just like the episode, Lisa the Drama Queen, I imagine this one having a dark and exciting twist at the end!

5. Secret life of Springfield pets
What if pets and wild animals of Springfield had intelligent thought, could speak to each other and went on their own adventures at the same time that the human characters do? This one would really shake up the formula and perhaps appeal to younger The Simpsons fans, who enjoy mores silly and action-oriented stories.

What Simpsons spin-offs do you want to see or think could happen in the future?

The Simpsons has a very large cast of characters but we haven't gotten a single spin-off yet, which, I think is a shame ! I believe it would give the writers a lot more ideas to work with and fans something fresh to be excited for, so here are my ideas for Top 5 Simpsons Spin-offs I would like to see:

1. The Apu Show (Inspired by The Cleveland Show)
Apu and Manjula move back to India, perhaps to take care of Apu's elderly mother, this idea was inspired by the Cleveland Show and, not unlike The Cleveland Show, it could give the writers an opportunity to re-invent a character that doesn't hold up anymore for a lot of viewers! In my idea, Apu only takes some of his kids (maybe 2-3) while others stay with his brother to attend to Kwik-e-Mart to slim down the main cast and make it more palatable!

2. Patty & Selma (Inspired by Tuca & Bertie)
Patty and Selma are, in my opinion, the perfect candidates for a more mature and raunchy The Simpsons project and they already deal with a lot of themes that are present and potent in Tuca & Bertie like substance use and mature relationships. Also has good potential for a funny Tuca & BART gag.

3. Young Homer (Inspired by Young Sheldon)
We have already seen plenty of episodes of The Simpsons featuring young Homer but those episodes are usually limited to showing us characters and dynamics we are already familiar with and they don't have a consistent or interesting set up between them.

4. Lisa Simpson and Juliet Hobbes Magical Girl adventure (canonical, but takes place in an imaginary world)
This spin-off would star Lisa and Juliet as they experience Springfield and Springfield shenanigans through the lens of
fantasy, reimagining and reinventing many already familiar to us characters. Just like the episode, Lisa the Drama Queen, I imagine this one having a dark and exciting twist at the end!

5. Secret life of Springfield pets
What if pets and wild animals of Springfield had intelligent thought, could speak to each other and went on their own adventures at the same time that the human characters do? This one would really shake up the formula and perhaps appeal to younger The Simpsons fans, who enjoy mores silly and action-oriented stories.

What Simpsons spin-offs do you want to see or think could happen in the future?
I would love to see spin-offs about the Springfield Police Department or Chief Wiggum's family, I also really like Lenny's character, I'd love to see a spin-off about him as well!

5 Ideas I have for Spin-Offs would be:

1. Springfield PD: A Spin-Off focusing on the Springfield Police Department

2. The Carl Show: A Show focusing on the life of Carl Carlson, title inspired by "The Cleveland Show"

3. What About Laura? Title inspired by What About Mimi? It would focus on Laura Powers in High School.

4. The Real Housewives of Springfield: Inspired by the TSTO event, it would focus on the housewives of Springfield (mainly Luann, Helen, Bernice, Sarah, Marge, Ruth, Maude, Manjula, Kumiko, Jerri & Gloria, and maybe some more such as Mina, Cheryl & Mrs. Powell)

5. Kids of the City: A Spin-Off focusing on the Simpsons children, mainly Bart & Lisa and their friends. Bart's core friend group would be Milhouse, Lewis, Richard & Samantha, while Lisa's core friend group would be Janey, Allison, Alex & Isabel. The title is slightly inspired by "Craig of the Creek".

5 Ideas I have for Spin-Offs would be:

1. Springfield PD: A Spin-Off focusing on the Springfield Police Department

2. The Carl Show: A Show focusing on the life of Carl Carlson, title inspired by "The Cleveland Show"

3. What About Laura? Title inspired by What About Mimi? It would focus on Laura Powers in High School.

4. The Real Housewives of Springfield: Inspired by the TSTO event, it would focus on the housewives of Springfield (mainly Luann, Helen, Bernice, Sarah, Marge, Ruth, Maude, Manjula, Kumiko, Jerri & Gloria, and maybe some more such as Mina, Cheryl & Mrs. Powell)

5. Kids of the City: A Spin-Off focusing on the Simpsons children, mainly Bart & Lisa and their friends. Bart's core friend group would be Milhouse, Lewis, Richard & Samantha, while Lisa's core friend group would be Janey, Allison, Alex & Isabel. The title is slightly inspired by "Craig of the Creek".
Great ideas for spin-offs,I would also like a spin-off about Lenny,and Carl,or as you wrote separately,maybe about the Hibbert,Wiggum,Lovejoy family might make a good spin-off!

Here are mine :

1) The Hibberts
2) Life with Allison Taylor
3) Seymour (without his unbearable mother)
4) Would love to have say Moe or Flanders, but they're already used, so, i would love to say Lou maybe or Eddie or Lenny
5) A character, maybe one-time, like Jack Lassen, or Diggs

A good thread idea. My spin-off ideas are:

1. "Kang & Kodos's Excellent Adventure": Focuses on Kang and Kodos's attempts to end mankind. We see them go to multiple locations and countries on Earth.

2. "Inglourious Simpsons": Focuses on Grampa Simpson's time in World War II and The Flying Hellfish.

3. "Stu Of Rock": Focuses on Disco Stu's career in music. We see him interact with multiple other musicians.

4. "The West Spring": Focuses on Mayor Quimby's career and personal life.

5. "Radioactive Man Begins": A whole series set in the Radioactive Man universe, starring Rainier Wolfcastle.

Interesting thread idea. Let's see here.

1. Treehouse of Horror: The Series: A anthology series where every episode is a parody of a different horror movie, show, anime, etc. Because each story would get its own episode, they would have a lot more time to flesh them out and the season premieres and finales would be two-parters. Needless to say, this was inspired by Not It.

2. Those Springfield Kids: Give Spikermonster his own show and allow him to do what he wants with it. Given the absolute treat that was his couch gag, I fail to see how this could go wrong.

3. More of Moe: Basically give Moe a spinoff. We could see all the crazy illegal shit he does when he's not tending his bar and maybe let him become some sort of underworld badass or something. I don't know. I like Moe and coming up with five ideas is harder than I thought.

4. A Homer Isekai: Now hear me out. Homer dies and finds himself in a typical fantasy isekai anime world. It should be noted that he still looks like himself art-style wise but everyone and everything else around him is full-on anime. Anyway, it turns out he's destined to save this world from a dark force and that doing so is the only way he can go home so he's forced into a typical isekai adventure. By anime rules, he's joined by an attractive and actually competent female adventurer who he slowly breaks down with his Homerisms.

5. Simpson Reaction Videos?: Yeah I'm out of ideas. Well I do wanna suggest one that I'm actually using for a fanfic but I'll save it for my fanfic thread. Anyway, the Simpsons have a youtube channel and react to different videos that people send them. I'd personally send the entire DHMIS series.

Last edited:
Back