Favorite Doctor (Doctors, Dentists, Psychiatrists, etc.)?

Favorite Doctor (Doctors, Dentists, Psychiatrists, etc.)?

• Total voters

AubreetheSimpson

No TV and No Beer Make Homer, Something, Something
If your favorite doctor from the show is Other, comment down below!

Nick and Hibbert are both great but I think my vote's for Pryor. There's something I love about that guy in the same sense that I'd wanna wring his neck. If anything, he really showed off the excellent writing of seasons 1-3. Even though he just exists for exposition they still made it so you could easily get a read on the guy as a smarmy pompous ass who really loves to hear himself talk. Coulda been a perfect parody of the "intellectually elite" snobs. Those seasons were great for sneaking characterization in the way people talked.

That said, I do miss Nick (not technically gone, I know, but like Barney he's been seriously downsized) and Hibbert's about 2nd/3rd place on my "why haven't we expanded on this character yet?" list. Especially when his only starring roles are in THOH's... and to his credit the first of those had one of my favourite moments of the series.

And most of them were pretty great overall, too.

Even the new doctors have some charm like Dr. Budgie the vet. Still I voted Nick he was great. "The coroner? I'm so sick of that guy" and his run in with Mr McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg. Always good for a laugh. Classic.

I think I'll have to say Nick Riviera (I was thinking about the character the other day or so and how he's been more or less forgotten about in favor of using Hibbert all the time). He's always been good for a laugh (and his appearance in 'Homer's Triple Bypass' is alone enough to make him an entertaining and memorable character). Bring him back, cowards! (I wonder if him being marginalized is due to him being seen as an more or less offensive stereotype in today's society?).

If I have to answer, that is a pretty tricky question. I really enjoy Dr. Nick Rivera, Dr. Marvin Monroe, and J. Loren Pryor the most, even though I do appreciate Julius Hibbert as he's an African American. I found something charming about these characters.

Nick Rivera is such an interesting and entertaining character that is worth watching, and I'm glad Lisa actually helped him in "Homer's Triple Bypass". He's amazing!

Dr. Marvin Monroe is such an underrated character. I remember him in early seasons, especially Season 1. He was such a funny psychiatrist, and I thought the mystery behind this character makes it more interesting. It's a shame he doesn't appear in more episodes. It was because if Harry Shearer does too much of his voice, it strains his voice, and somehow, later on, Matt Groening felt that voice is starting to get annoying. At least he appeared a couple times once in a while. I will always remember as such a different and funny psychiatrist.

J. Loren Pryor has something with charm. His voice is delightfully satisfying, and I like his personality. It proves that he is a nice School District psychiatrist full of charm that I can feel. That is something fantastic about the character. He's that interesting, and not only he is a school district psychiatrist, he was also a guidance counselor as well!

Besides them, I also like Dr. Wolfe from "Last Exit to Springfield" as well, as he is such a fantastic yet interesting character who is a rogue and not qualified orthodontist from Painless Dentistry (he owns it!).

Back