The Great Money Caper
The Blunder Years

The Strong Arms of the Ma
Brake My Wife, Please
Catch 'Em if You Can
We're on the Road to D'ohwhere
Regarding Margie
Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em
Ice Cream of Margie (with the Light Blue Hair)
Kill Gil, Volumes I & II
E Pluribus Wiggum
Papa Don't Leech
Mona Leaves-a

Million Dollar Maybe
Moe Letter Blues
What Animated Women Want
Specs and the City
Clown in the Dumps
Bart's New Friend
Peeping Mom
The Kids Are All Fight
'Tis the 30th Season
Diary Queen

How I Spent My Strummer Vacation
Some more:

Maximum Homerdrive
Beyond Blunderdome
Kill The Alligator And Run
A Tale Of Two Springfields
Weekend at Burnsie's
Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington
Mobile Homer

Last edited:
Not a fan of post classic era episodes, actually most of my favourites belong to the first 5 seasons, but I particularly like or find enjoyable The Heartbroke Kid, Chief of Hearts and Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts as well as most of episodes written by Swartzwelder during the Scully era even though I can see how many flaws they have - I guess the fun makes up for the weak plot or the poor internal coherence.

And I genuinely love Maggie's plot in Puffless, enjoyed it to a level I wouldn't have expected for a modern episode. Felt like a happy, carefree child watching it.

a Maggie spin off parodying Rugrats All Grown Up would actually be okay viewing. Hopefully not with the huge boobies that teenage Maggie is often given in fan art.

Here's my list:

The Call of the Simpsons
Dancin' Homer
The Twisted World of Marge Simpson
Realty Bites
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
When You Dish Upon a Star
Homer to the Max
Monty Can't Buy Me Love
Take My Wife, Sleaze
Grift of the Magi
Faith Off
Missionary: Impossible
A Tale of Two Springfields
Homer vs. Dignity
The Computer Wore Menace Shoes
The Great Money Caper
Pokey Mom
Worst Episode Ever
Bye, Bye Nerdie
Children of a Lesser Clod
Homer the Moe
A Hunka Hunka Burns in Love
The Blunder Years
The Bart Wants What it Wants
Large Marge
There's Something About Marrying
Treehouse of Horror XVII
I Don't Wanna Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
Four Great Women and a Manicure
A Totally Fun Thing Bart Will Never Do Again
Steal This Episode
The Man Who Came to Be Dinner
The Girl Code
The Town
The Cad and the Hat
Flanders Ladder
I Want You (She's So Heavy)
The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby
Do PizzaBots Dream of Electric Guitars?
Portrait of a Lackey on Fire

Last edited:
Many of the episodes already mentioned by @B-Boy, I also quite like Portrait of a Lackey on Fire, The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson and Panic on the Streets of Springfield despite the lukewarm reception of those episodes .

Last edited:
There is NO such thing as a "guilty pleasure", at least in my dictionary. :mad: The term is pretty derogatory and self-deprecating because it implies that something, such as a work of art or fiction, is somehow objectively bad yet you like it. That makes no sense to me. :shake:

Nothing in fiction or art is objectively bad or good. Goodness and badness is relative to one's opinion. :)

If you like something, such as a work of art or fiction, then it IS good to you! 😄 No one should tell you otherwise because that would make them elitist bigots, like Artie Ziff. 😠 Nobody wants to be bullied. 😢

Like whatever you want! :thumbsup:

Bart-Mangled Manner.

I used to dislike this episode and find it ridiculous in a bad way, but on my rewatch I found that while a lot of things are still completely absurd I actually managed to laugh at some of the silliness this time. Though I'm still not the biggest fan of the ending.

@JacobZeier1992, believe it or not, I do agree with you on the fact that nobody should be ashamed of liking something because someone told you so. There are few things that piss me off more than people patronizing you and telling you that you can't like some thing because it's "objectively" not good. It's more to describe cases where you find yourself liking an episode that contains things you usually dislike, but for some reason you don't in this case. Like for example, to go back on my own pick (The Frying Game), I usually dislike episodes going all over the place without any kind of logic whatsoever, but not this time, as I find the whole thing entertaining.

I can't think of a single episode I feel guilty watching. I can name a few episodes I enjoy that get panned on the board, specifically Kil Gil.

I can name guilty pleasure songs much easier.

@JacobZeier1992, believe it or not, I do agree with you on the fact that nobody should be ashamed of liking something because someone told you so. There are few things that piss me off more than people patronizing you and telling you that you can't like some thing because it's "objectively" not good. It's more to describe cases where you find yourself liking an episode that contains things you usually dislike, but for some reason you don't in this case. Like for example, to go back on my own pick (The Frying Game), I usually dislike episodes going all over the place without any kind of logic whatsoever, but not this time, as I find the whole thing entertaining.
Thank you for your reply.

Did you read my "I like The Simpsons but hate the dogma" post? I was talking about how I dislike it when there are elitist Simpsons fans out there who act as if The Simpsons, especially its "classic era" (however you'd define it) is "objectively good" and would bully those who disagree or those who are Simpsons haters.

As a Simpsons fan, I find the idea that "art or fiction is objectively good or bad" immensely condescending as well as foolish. There is absolutely no fact that any art or fiction is objectively good or bad. Art and fiction are subjectively good or bad; it's just our opinion that a certain work of art or fiction is good or bad. This goes to show that morality is a matter of opinion. The very reason is because it has to do with our thoughts and emotions on any phenomena. I know, I'm sounding like a philosopher.

Yes, it's a fact that older Simpsons episodes, made before 2003, used the older animation production method, which is using cels and 35mm film, but it's an opinion that traditional cel animation is either a good idea or a bad idea. For me, it's amazing to see The Simpsons in the old cel animation process as it gives it an eerie lifeform and soft imperfections. The Frying Game is an example of an episode that used the technique. I'm a cartoonist, animator, and filmmaker, by the way.

There are Simpsons haters, and that's OK. I do agree with some of their points. The Simpsons is definitely not for everyone. But haters don't belong on this site because if they think it's so terrible, then why should they be on the No Homers Club in the first place? Right?!

I am one of those people who thinks The Frying Game is a bad episode. I think so because I don't like it. But certainly there are some people like you who think The Frying Game is a good episode. Good for you! If you like it, it's a good episode to you. And that's totally OK! It's your opinion and who the hell is anyone to tell you that you're wrong for liking The Frying Game? I bet there are a lot of Simpsons episodes I like even though there are fans who don't.

I personally define good works of art or fiction as ones I like. I don't call them "good" because of hype, dogma or hearsay. To do so is just plain silly and gullible. My choice/liking for such entertainment just comes naturally. Fuck the bullies who are mean to you, including those elitist bigots. Those pieces of heartless shit can go straight to hell! Though a cartoon character, I would say Artie Ziff is the definition of an elitist bigot; he's a bitch. But I bet some other Simpsons characters are.

Anyway, this concludes my reply. Have a good day! 😄

Yeah can we not do this here please.

I tend to like a lot of the eps that people don't like. KTAAR and Saddlesore Galactica are the big ones. Also have a bit of a soft spot for Children of a lesser clod

"Guilty pleasures" may mean I like episodes people may not like, but it also means, to me, that there could be things that are  too much or inappropriate that I don't or may not like but I still like it anyway. One guilty pleasure I have of the show is "The Crepes of Wrath". I used to dislike this episode, but I have changed my opinion because of concerns. There was one part I didn't like, and it was because Bart was forced to drink wine with antifreeze, as antifreeze can be toxic. So this counts as my guilty pleasure.

Last edited:
"Guilty pleasures" may mean I like episodes people may not like, but it also means, to me, that there could be things that are  too much or inappropriate that I don't or may not like but I still like it anyway. One guilty pleasure I have of the show is "The Crepes of Wrath". I used to dislike this episode, but I have changed my opinion because of concerns. There was one part I didn't like, and it was because Bart was forced to drink wine with antifreeze, as antifreeze can be toxic. So this counts as my guilty pleasure.
Again with the antifreeze! I love “The Crepes of Wrath”.

Back