Top 10 worst episodes from Seasons 1-10

Besides clip shows I'd say the only episodes in seasons 1-10 I take much issue with are

Homer's Night Out
The Principal and the Pauper
When You Dish Upon a Star (This one is somewhat saved by Homer's terrible movie ideas)
Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble"

Viva Ned Flanders is mainly hated for the third act with the Vegas wives which is basically another bad Scully third act that tries to be wacky fun but fails. People also tend to not be a fan of Homer´s behavior for most of the episode.

Don´t know why anyone would hate I´m With Cupid on the same level as those episodes though. That was a good episode.

The Principal and the Pauper - good idea, wrong character though.
When you dish upon a star
Another Simpsons Clip Show
D'oh in the wind - seemed weird how neither Homer or Abe knew his middle name and only now questioning it.
Das Bus - I didn't dislike this episode, but I always felt it was more of a tale then actually being part of the season.

Last edited:
1. All Singing, All Dancing
2. Another Simpsons Clip Show
3. The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase
4. The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular!
5. So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show (Yes, I know they're all clip shows; I don't care. They are still episodes, so they have to be included.)
6. Miracle on Evergreen Terrace
7. Homer's Night Out
8. Homer's Odyssey
9. Bart's Dog Gets An "F"
10. Sunday, Cruddy Sunday?

*insert another list of only season 10 episodes

Really it would all be season 10 episodes for me assuming All Singing All Dancing or Another Simpsons Clip Show don't count. I'd rather watch Homer's Night Out or Homer's Odyssey than most of season 10 honestly.

Last edited:
Excluding clip shows and anthologies:
1: Homer Simpson in: 'Kidney Trouble'
2: Lady Bouvier's Lover
3: Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield
4: Secrets of a Successful Marriage
5: Homer vs Patty And Selma
6: Fear Of Flying
7: Homer's Night Out
8: Miracle On Evergreen Terrance
9: The Old Man And The Lisa (Last rewatch was better, maybe it was because it was the last Simpsons episode I watched...)
10: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious (again it improved for me on rewatch)
DHM: The Principal And The Pauper (I don't mind it, but still not the best)

Excluding clip shows and anthologies:
1: Homer Simpson in: 'Kidney Trouble'
2: Lady Bouvier's Lover
3: Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield
4: Secrets of a Successful Marriage
5: Homer vs Patty And Selma
6: Fear Of Flying
7: Homer's Night Out
8: Miracle On Evergreen Terrance
9: The Old Man And The Lisa (Last rewatch was better, maybe it was because it was the last Simpsons episode I watched...)
10: Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(Annoyed Grunt)cious (again it improved for me on rewatch)
DHM: The Principal And The Pauper (I don't mind it, but still not the best)
@Trab Pu Kcip , is your list from worst (#1) to best (#10), or vice versa - from best (#1) to worth (#10)? I'm confused with the numbers🙃

*insert another list of only season 10 episodes

Really it would all be season 10 episodes for me assuming All Singing All Dancing or Another Simpsons Clip Show don't count. I'd rather watch Homer's Night Out or Homer's Odyssey than most of season 10 honestly.
Same with me, the op could have structured this thread question better

Worst to best:

Kidney Trouble
Monty Can’t Buy Me Love
Bart’s Dog Gets an F
My Sister, My Sitter
Sunday Cruddy Sunday
The Trouble With Trillions
When You Dish Upon A Star
Some Enchanted Evening
Homerpalooza
There’s No Disgrace Like Home

Really only Kidney Trouble is straight up bad, the rest are mediocre.

My List (from best to worst). *Spoiler*Get ready to see unexpected choices

10. «D’oh-in in the Wind» (66/100) - S10E6 - Homer's self-awareness with drunk hippie plot
9. «Das Bus» (66/100; worse plot than DitW) - S9E14 - just bad done both stories with weird main story about the kids on island. But there are some funny moments (and legendary Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net):lol:
8. «Homerpalooza» (66/100; worse plot than in DB) - S7E24 - boring a bit story with Homer's self-awareness again, many forgettable (in the way of their names) music guest stars, but in the same time there was a family plot line
7. «Lisa’s Rival» (65/100) - S6E2 - I've already explained such unpopular (if not the unitary) opinion. My opinion hasn't changed... so far
"I think that thoughts may differ, because so many people, so many opinions." It's often forgotten.:ashamed:
As for Lisa’s Rival, for me, personally, it always has been forgottable episode and recently I rewatched it and made my mark for it (see, it belongs to "decent").
6. «Homer to the Max» (65/100; worse plot than LR) - S10E13 - Completely stupid plot about name changing, but the start with midseason satire is cult as for 1990s as for 2000s as for 2010s as for 2020s:D
5. «The Principal and the Pauper» (64/100) - S9E2 - I didn't mind on continuity then, but the story was done really mediocrity.
4. «Mom and Pop Art» (64/100 worse plot than TPatP) - S10E19 - Yeah, it contained so much jerkass Homer, he overcovered all the plot, by being:boring: boring
3. «Bart Star» (63/100) - S9E6 - kid-ish bad plot. Nothing to add
2. «Homer the Vigilante» (63/100; worse plot than BS) - S5E11 - I get it's a collective satire on detectives, but for me it's too cartoon-ish and boring
1. «Monty Can’t Buy Me Love» (59/100) - S10E21 - The really goods are Lenny's headcoin gag and Homer's gift to the hospital. All other was really boring and weird. Writing this just a while ago, I didn't expect it became the worst in 10 seasons, though surprisingly just №25 the worst episode overall in my personal episode list

I agree - I definitely need to rewatch some episodes... in some future

In no particular order:

Lisa the Vegetarian: Lisa is a little prick and never gets punished for her behavior

That episode with the Cat Burglar: Forgettable.

Whacking Day: Forgettable

That one where Lisa and Bart join the military school thing: Forgettable

The one where Flanders gets a vegas wife: Forgettable

The Marry Poppins one: Bad

Principal and the Pauper: Stupid

Call of the Simpsons: Forgettable

The one where Patty and Skinner Date: Forgettable

Bart's Inner Child: Only good for the tramapoline segment. The rest sucks

Honestly, to me, including season 10 in a list like this is like doing "Top 10 worst scenes from the original Star Wars trilogy and The Phantom Menace". The inclusion of the latter makes it essentially a list of the top 10 worst scenes in The Phantom Menace.

Back