Preview / speculation about the upcoming episodes of The Simpsons.

What can I say? I cannot wait to see Mr. Burns, Julio and Smithers again in Portrait of a Lackey on Fire this Sunday, although I still have a bad feeling that The Simpsons family are probably gonna swear all the time somewhere during the UABF production cycle. Again, the opening credits and the ending credits will change starting this Sunday (I'm hoping that Dominique Braud might continue to be the Co-Producer while Richard K. Chung and Alexander Duke might continue to be Producers separately, by the way), that's exactly what I might also be expecting for this Sunday too

What can I say? I cannot wait to see Mr. Burns, Julio and Smithers again in Portrait of a Lackey on Fire this Sunday, although I still have a bad feeling that The Simpsons family are probably gonna swear all the time somewhere during the UABF production cycle.
Swear in what way? Remember, there are six words (it used to be seven, but apparenty one of them is allowed now) that the FCC doesn't allow to be used on broadcast TV channels. Before anyone says something like, "American Dad! does it," American Dad! is on TBS, which is a cable channel, not a broadcast channel.

Swear in what way? Remember, there are six words (it used to be seven, but apparenty one of them is allowed now) that the FCC doesn't allow to be used on broadcast TV channels. Before anyone says something like, "American Dad! does it," American Dad! is on TBS, which is a cable channel, not a broadcast channel.
Don't forget Family Guy, because... That show also has swearing in it, at least the beep sound is used to censor the swearing 😀

Anyway, if Sideshow Bob doesn't appear somewhere in the UABF production cycle, then there's always the OABF production cycle for somewhere in Season 34. (Though I'm almost hoping that Sideshow Bob could appear in next year's Treehouse of Horror, but probably not. If anything, Sideshow Bob already appeared in two of the Treehouse of Horror episodes, such as XXVI and XXVII, if you count XXII where he made a non-speaking appearance in there, so... Yeah!). I don't think Fat Tony appeared somewhere in any one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes yet. But even if he did, he hasn't talked in any one of the Treehouse of Horror episodes yet, I could be wrong. So we'll see sometime in the near future!

Last edited:
Just before the start of new, UABF-cycle, I decided to do a full review of the episodes that have already come out this season (namely holdovers) and change my signature, adding season 33. Yes, I know this is a Preview thread, while, in fact, I do overview, but still interesting to look at the current state of the season (all IMHO).

Easy - TOP current seasons 33 episodes, in my view:
  1. A Serious Flanders (Part 1) - may be a little less, than 4.5/5
  2. Lisa's Belly - 4, narrowly better, than ASF2
  3. A Serious Flanders (Part 2) - 4
  4. The Star of the Backstage - 3.5-4
  5. Treehouse of Horror XXXII - Whatever way I count my early marks (include/not-include "Barti", took only "full-length" segments...), but, in summary, the episode gets from me 3-3.5
  6. The Wayz We Were - STRONG 3
  7. Bart's in Jail! - I wrote in my review what I liked and didn't like in the episode, and that it's nearly got 3, although it's "mediocre-ok" anyway
Must say that among ALL 7 episodes there isn't any bad[/ I] or terrible[/ I]. "Average"/"mediocre" (regardless of the showrunner) in the worst case.

Last edited:
Okay, since Michael Price and Jeff Westbrook already returned as Co-Executive Producers for the UABF cycle, I hope they might be Co-Executive Producers again for the OABF production cycle for Season 34 next year (I know it's far too early to talk about Season 34 just yet, don't have a cow man). Plus, according to the WGA Directories website, I think Brian Kelley might've left the show after almost 20 years and after the UABF production cycle, since Brian Kelley's name isn't even listed as Co-Executive Producer in the 2022-2023 section, or maybe WGA probably forgot to add him there...? Plus, Elisabeth Kiernan Averick is now finally the Co-Executive Producer, which I knew it. But Cesar Mazariegos is a Producer (which was unexpected, because he should've been the Co-Producer instead), and Jessica Conrad is now the Co-Producer, I also knew it

Last edited:
Plus, according to the WGA Directories website, I think Brian Kelley might've left the show after almost 20 years and after the UABF production cycle, since Brian Kelley's name isn't even listed as Co-Executive Producer in the 2022-2023 section, or maybe WGA probably forgot to add him there...?
They mistook U-prod. cycle (2021-22) as 2022-23

They mistook U-prod. cycle (2021-22) as 2022-23
Well... That's kinda a little bit messed up, everybody makes mistakes sometimes. But either way, I'm still hoping that Michael Price and Jeff Westbrook might return again for the next production cycle during Season 34 next year. The reason why Mike Scully's not a producer of The Simpsons for right now, is because Mike Scully might be working on Season 3 for Duncanville

Sorry for the double post again, but I'm hoping that somewhere in Season 33 might have the new Bill Plympton couch gag (it could probably happen in either UABF09 or probably UABF10, I don't really know)

Last edited:
Anyway, Steven Dean Moore COULD be the director for Bart the Cool Kid, (he hasn't directed any of the x08 episodes since 2019, due to Moeller directing recent x08 episodes earlier this year and last year). Speaking of Moeller, Jennifer Moeller could be the director for Poorhouse Rock, I don't know about Boyz N the Highlands and Meat is Murder yet though. Plus, Matthew Nastuk might be the director for Girls Just Shuana Have Fun and One Angry Lisa (he'll probably stick to directing x05 episodes, x12 episodes and x19 episodes more often, like he already did back in the QABF production cycle), and I'm thinking that Timothy Bailey could be the director again for The King of Nice (I'd be surprised if Timothy Bailey directs three UABF production episodes again, I'm not gonna lie)

Mothers and Other Strangers
Mothers_and_Other_Strangers_promo_8.png

1. Plot ("Teenager Homer and Abe Simpsons go on a journey to alleviate their grief and find their mother…") - While I wanted great Abe/Homer/Mona episode, the "tour" actually, isn't the best base for it. 😕However, we're going to deep TWICE in past - Homer's childhood and teen ages itself with double emotions (or exceed gags). And the time line is really not occupied in 35 years, to the surprise. So, the story is worth. 4/5
2-3. The Biggest Possible Problem & Crew The first problem - it's a flashback, which nowadays, for some reason, make a lot of loud and nitpicking🤪. But the main problem with Apu, in my view,... is Al Jean - this time, which is the writer. He didn't show his standalone efforts for quite a long time - 3 years (since Daddicus Finch). During this time he showed some scripts, namely 2 - Better of Ned and The Seven-Beer Itch - in co-writing. And they really ruined his reputation as writer. But this time he's alone, it won't happen… right?.. The last about AJ - for me all his standalone HD efforts had a charm, but lost in various of unnecessary jokes, making them nicely average/decent. Rob Oliver's huge ability is cut every time, with using by Al Jean... the showrunner one, and we can only hope this the 1st wr/dir duo really WORKED for the good of all🙏
4. Promo stuff I waited with preview until seeing at least one sneak peek. And the one with short Mona's line about "her Homer" (and even some reference to Mother Simpson, in my view) was good

SO, Because of aforementioned writer's continued break, I'm not sure about the final rank totally. Let's said 2-3 "above or bellow average" (this time really vague mark)

CORRECTION :oops: I had a confuse with my "estimating systems" (old and trying new), so I shift the mark to 2.5-3.5 (mediocre-to-OK)

Last edited:
You remember the 2022 schedule that I wrote in this thread? Here's hoping that we might indeed get four new Simpsons episodes for April 2022, as well as March 2022, then we would be getting the final three new Simpsons episodes for May 2022 after that. I might be okay if Marge the Meanie will be the Season 33 finale. After all, usually one of the x15 episodes are the broadcast season finale

Also, maybe Dan Castellaneta might've written one of the next two UABF episodes. Besides, he hasn't written an episode since 'My Way or the Highway to Heaven' back in Season 30

Also, maybe Dan Castellaneta might've written one of the next two UABF episodes. Besides, he hasn't written an episode since 'My Way or the Highway to Heaven' back in Season 30
Actually, I noticed to myself an unwritten rule: if you're Co-Exutive Producer you must write ay least one script for production cycle. Correct me please if there are some existed exception. So, yes, we have J. Stuart Burns and Castellaneta left

Whoever did a bet? Whoever did a bet? Oh, never mind 😅
Something tells me, you anyway will bother the crew next Thursday (Thanksgiving), anyway:lol: Whoever doubts?
1637857745547.png

Ugh! Since one of the Simpsons crew are busy (probably because of Thanksgiving in the States today), I'm still guessing that Jennifer Moeller might be the director for Poorhouse Rock, since she already decided to direct recent x14 episodes ever since the ZABF production line

Anyway, I'm so looking forward to find out what's gonna happen for next year's Treehouse of Horror (although we're still in Season 33 right now), I know it's far too early to talk about what's gonna happen for THOH XXXIII just yet. But hopefully maybe sometime in early 2022, we'll find out for sure about which one of the horror movies that next year's Treehouse of Horror will spoof (probably one of the horror movies that one of the Treehouse of Horror segments didn't spoof yet, could be Among Us, you know?) And maybe the future Treehouse of Horror might have the Squid Game parody after that

Last edited:
And maybe the future Treehouse of Horror might have the Squid Game parody after that
Doubtful! They need at least a month to write about "the freshest story", + time for other segments, so the script just can't involve so fresh as Squid Game. :oops:

Mothers and Other Strangers

1. Plot ("Teenager Homer and Abe Simpsons go on a journey to alleviate their grief and find their mother…") - While I wanted great Abe/Homer/Mona episode, the "tour" actually, isn't the best base for it. 😕However, we're going to deep TWICE in past - Homer's childhood and teen ages itself with double emotions (or exceed gags). And the time line is really not occupied in 35 years, to the surprise. So, the story is worth. 4/5
2-3. The Biggest Possible Problem & Crew The first problem - it's a flashback, which nowadays, for some reason, make a lot of loud and nitpicking🤪. But the main problem with Apu, in my view,... is Al Jean - this time, which is the writer. He didn't show his standalone efforts for quite a long time - 3 years (since Daddicus Finch). During this time he showed some scripts, namely 2 - Better of Ned and The Seven-Beer Itch - in co-writing. And they really ruined his reputation as writer. But this time he's alone, it won't happen… right?.. The last about AJ - for me all his standalone HD efforts had a charm, but lost in various of unnecessary jokes, making them nicely average/decent. Rob Oliver's huge ability is cut every time, with using by Al Jean... the showrunner one, and we can only hope this the 1st wr/dir duo really WORKED for the good of all🙏
4. Promo stuff I waited with preview until seeing at least one sneak peek. And the one with short Mona's line about "her Homer" (and even some reference to Mother Simpson, in my view) was good

SO, Because of aforementioned writer's continued break, I'm not sure about the final rank totally. Let's said 2-3 "above or bellow average" (this time really vague mark)

CORRECTION :oops: I had a confuse with my "estimating systems" (old and trying new), so I shift the mark to 2.5-3.5 (mediocre-to-OK)

There's a teaser on twitter and it shows a young Clancy Wiggum "discovering" donuts.. I don't know how this will affect the canon.. I do care about it. he was already fat before he became a cop.

Since Jessica Conrad is recently the co-producer as of the UABF prod cycle, that means next year for the OABF prod cycle, she might be the producer for Season 34. Anyway, I'm so looking forward to what else is gonna happen to Mothers and Other Strangers. Part of me thinks that Matt Selman's executive producer credit might appear first for the opening credit crawl after the intro for Mothers and Other Strangers

Last edited:
'Mothers And Other Strangers' seem like an interesting and promising story (I tend to like those flashback stories with Homer and Grampa), but while Rob Oliver directing is a good thing, I am a bit skeptical over Al Jean both writing and showrunning the episode, but I'm hopeful it will still be at least decent, though we will see. A tenative 3/5

I speculate...that even if the Miss Universe pageant is postponed because one of its contestants has COVID-19 and they are afraid of an outbreak, Fox will not air a new episode on 12/12 in its place - it's too late to inform the advertisers that a new episode would air.

You know, just think, perhaps we might probably get a Christmas of Horror in the next two years. Though, I'm already hoping that there might be a Christmas episode for Season 34 sometime next year and a year after. Chances are, here's hoping that Season 35 might be renewed first sometime in the future, until whenever Christmas of Horror might happen

I speculate...that even if the Miss Universe pageant is postponed because one of its contestants has COVID-19 and they are afraid of an outbreak, Fox will not air a new episode on 12/12 in its place - it's too late to inform the advertisers that a new episode would air.
Luckily, Fox has woken up from holidays😅 They released 2 releases in-a-row. Let's see...
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 12

[EDITOR’S NOTE: THE SIMPSONS, THE GREAT NORTH, BOB’S BURGERS AND FAMILY GUY are preempted tonight.]

**FOX SPECIAL**--70TH MISS UNIVERSE”—(7:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) CC- HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1
No intrigue more)

UPD. I misunderstood you Don.:oops: You're right, anyway.

Well, since the UABF cycle is still happening right now, Edwin E. Aguilar won't be credited in the ending credits somewhere in the UABF cycle at all, due to that he already passed away during the QABF production cycle

Sorry for the double post, but Al Jean on Twitter thinks that we should watch Manger Things on Christmas later this year, and that we should also watch Mothers and Other Strangers again on Mother's Day in 2022

Something tells me that Ned Flanders might appear in 'Boyz N the Highlands', 'Bart the Cool Kid', 'My Octopus and a Teacher' and 'Poorhouse Rock', since he's still currently Bart's teacher since Left Behind, Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion, Better Off Ned and Diary Queen. I'm not gonna lie, but I'm actually looking forward to seeing a few upcoming Bart-centered episodes later this season somewhere next spring

Last edited:
Back