Worst non-clipshow of season 6?

John Smith 1882

My mistake
I consider season 6 to be the show at its absolute peak, but there's only one bad episode, if you count clip shows. With the exception of the naked filler known as Another Simpsons Clip Show, what would you say is the worst, or least good episode of season 6?

My least favorite would be A Star is Burns. Other than the film festival scenes I don't find that it had much going for it. They tried to overglorify Jay Sherman way too much, which is not unusual for celebrities but he comes from a cartoon that wasn't even that popular to begin with and was being used as an advertisement. One thing I can give credit for is that Jay Sherman felt like a more natural fit into the show without going overboard with the fan service (which there wasn't much off anyway). Seeing the Futurama and Family Guy cast just felt weird in comparison and don't blend in well with the show, who are just there for 100% fan service. I would prefer watching Simpsorama though.

Also Man Getting Hit by Football should have obviously won. These f*cks don't recognise art at all.

Other than that I'm not that huge with Fear of Flying (first act is hilarious though and I do appreciate more attempts to flesh out Marge's backstory) and Lisa's Wedding, which IMO is only really good for its ending but I coudln't care less about Hugh and why someone like Lisa would be interested in him.

I would say Fear of Flying. It’s still a good episode, especially in the first act, but some of the Marge stuff is pretty boring in comparison to the rest of the season. And, unusual for the era, they don’t tie up the plot line about Homer getting kicked out of Moe’s. It’s just completely forgotten about.

I’m still glad that the episode exists because it gave us some info on Marge’s father (and the Guy Incognito joke is one of the all time best gags).

PTA Disbands for me.. its good but the other eps surpass it in my opinion

This is really tough.

A Star is Burns is a good candidate because of its crossover nature. Matt Groening didn't like it. I can understand why.

Fear of Flying, I would have to re-watch it but in my memory not a whole lot happens..

They're all episodes I have good memories of it's really hard to pick my least favorite in those earlier seasons.

I was never a fan of Lisa on Ice. Homer is quite unlikable in it (I wouldn’t go as far as to call him Jerkass Homer, though), and the ending is extremely saccharine. I was also always very bothered by the fact that they broke the rules of hockey by having the clock run during the penalty shot to achieve said ending.

Homer vs Patty and Selma is my go-to for worst (non-clipshow) episode of Season 6, it was like one of only 2 I struggled to like (Fear Of Flying would be the other one)

I like Homer vs Patty & Selma pretty well, but the subplot with Bart learning ballet was pretty meh.

Always found 'Itchy and Scratchy Land' boring personally (although it is still very funny)

Seeing a lot of “fear of flying” and “homer vs patty and Selma” on here. I don’t care much for the former either, tho it’s still quite good. Coincidentally they’re the two lowest rated non-clip show episodes on IMDb

Sideshow bob Roberts. I didn't understand the political satire as a kid, though I liked the flip flop gag. I also thought birch Barlow was a real celebrity guest star. I also think Bart of darkness might count as the main plot hasn't aged well given Maude is now dead for real.

I belong to those people, who don't like A Star is Burns. It was, like said nowadays, just a crossover to promoting another show. Weak humour, IMHO, despite I understand its straights other people love.

Well, if thinking… hmmm… I'm not keen on Bart vs. Australia and Bart's Comet. The first became too ridiculous Scully-ish family trip (with solid story development, though), while the latter seems kinda boring, with absurd 3rd act (but also with great gags).

Fear of Flying also had strange plot development without wide ways to go (Homer became a pilot, Marge reveals she fears of flying, she visits phycologist + Frazer crossover scene), but still I like the episode for much great funny moments, some of which became real gems.

Relatively, ALL aforementioned episodes are good.

'Round Springfield - pure emmy bait
Personally, I "pecked" that bait. I REALLY LOVE it.🥰

Back