Tobias099
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Another question, why do you love My Sister, My Sitter and despise Saddlesore Galactica?
    OldSchoolerSimpsons
    OldSchoolerSimpsons
    My Sister, My Sitter is undoubtably better. Excellent story, top-notch humor throughout and Lisa at some of her most sympathetic. Why do people hate it?

Yes Bart is unlikable, but that's the point. He feels humiliated being babysat by his sister, and Homer and Marge also shouldn't have let her take on that responsibility.
    Tobias099
    Tobias099
    "My Sister, My Sitter" is an excellent character study of Bart and Lisa IMO. The two really shine in the episode and I loved their dynamic throughout.

I like that the show acknowledges how young Lisa is to be babysitting but lets her prove herself with Rodd and Todd/Dr. Hibbert. Bart during the second act is some of his best and funniest behavior in the series. I love all the prank calls and rebelling against Lisa and he was perfectly in character doing everything he could to sabotage her authority as Bart would do with someone younger being put in charge.

I especially love how dark the episode gets but stays grounded in the tone of the episode which makes the reveal of Lisa’s failure that much more impactful.

"Saddlesore Galactica" is just a bad cartoon with almost no redeeming qualities. Jocky elves? Secret underground lair? Just trash overall.
    benjovi2004
    benjovi2004
    i understand what the episode was trying to do with making Bart feel annoyed that he has to be taken care of by his younger sister, but in my opinion i feel like they made Bart way too unlikeable and toxic in this episode, i also don't understand why they made the episode unnecessary dark at the end with Lisa thinking that she's killed Bart, its just a bit disturbing to watch.

but to be fair the episode does have some killer jokes and a nice subplot, so those two things save the episode from being terrible
    what's your top 10 favourite episodes for season 8? iv read your rate and review for the season and you seem to love it so this is going to be interesting

heres mine:

1 You Only Move Twice:
    2 The Mysterious Voyage of Our Homer:
    3 Homer's Enemy:
    4 Mountain of Madness:
    5 Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendent:
    6 The Homer They Fall:
    7 Bart After Dark:
    8 The Springfield Files:
    9 Grade School Confidential:
    10 The Old Man and the Lisa:
    Reactions: ThatCraptacularUser
    benjovi2004
    benjovi2004
    i agree with most of your list, the only thing i majorly disagree with is My Sister My Sitter, because in my opinion its one of the worst classic Simpson's episode's, maybe even the worst
    Tobias099
    Tobias099
    Wow! That's one of my all-time favorites. To each their own I suppose.
    ThatCraptacularUser
    ThatCraptacularUser
    Although you don't love Season 9 as much. I'm curious as to what your top 10 for that season is. Especially since you have enough 9-10/10s to make such a list
    hey Tobias099, what episodes after season 8 do you consider classic (not counting city of new york vs homer simpson)
    benjovi2004
    benjovi2004
    nice list, i haven't seen anything past season 10 so i cant say anything about behind the laughter and onwards, however I'm intrigued on why you don't think the rest of the Bill Oakley/Josh Weinstein episodes don't count as classic, + the joy of sect which was written by Steve O'Donnell
    Tobias099
    Tobias099
    They're great for sure. I have nothing against them, especially "Lisa the Simpson".
    benjovi2004
    benjovi2004
    yeah those episodes are great to be fair, even though you don't consider season 9 classic and i do, we both can agree that's its the best season that comes after season 8
    In terms of Moe Goes From Rags to Riches being your least favorite episode. There's a new NHC Bottom 50 episode posts thread so you can slander it to your heart's content.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back