The Spruce Moose

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've seen jims talk smash w/ dobbie and in the smash thread and he definitely knows the deeper strategies and has a fuller understanding of individual characters than I. I envy that, I wish I could internalize understanding of the strategy but my brain keeps sending the command "hit them before they hit you!". so that's about all I got in my bag of tricks.
    can't get a good connection at home but whenever I take it to my buddy's house i'll send you the code. warning: I suck.
    He's not the first or the worst, but someone has to be the first to be unlucky. It's always a good idea not to bitch about people's friends, too, if you want any sympathy from them when you fuck up. Teaching mainly sucks because it's not accessible to most people who want to do it. They don't get paid enough and work ridiculous overtime which could easily be passed on to an extra person if the government would cough up to pay "backup" teachers to be the class's go-to cover teacher and take a portion of the lesson planning and marking. Police work, well, any. I'm going to be a resident assistant in my private halls next year (hopefully) so that will give me some experience. Already had to counsel someone about and call in one attempted rape (not on me this time).
    All education. I was considering teaching, but now I'd rather do police work.

Checked him out from my other profile and he subtly posted this: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/nov/29/letter-to-girl-accused-me-of-rape
    Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah, but that's not what happened in your case. You are 27. I am six years your junior. I was perfectly capable of consenting to sex, but I did not. That's your cue to not kiss me, and then not moan at me in such an entitled manner for not wanting to fuck you, and then not try to make me out to be a bitchy girlfriend in front of the lads, and then not grab me in an inappropriate manner at a game. Dickhead.
    Education Studies.

Ahh, the bastard has blocked me on Facebook. Shame. I wanted to his he predictably hilarious reaction to the allegations. (I already deleted him; his profile is public.)
    I know. It's just hard when you'd prefer to forget. Now I have either a shitty fake cheese headache or starvation headache and just had to throw away most of my dinner. I only had a ready meal so I'd have more time to study, and now that's fucked. :/
    I wasn't assuming anything; it would just sound awful without context because it could sound like I was lying when I reported it, which I wasn't, it's just that on here is the only place I feel like I can be honest about having only taken it so far for someone else's honour. Uni's OK, just really hard to concentrate and I fear I will just fail. It's my fault for trying to have hobbies and a social life when I get drained so easily.
    It's not like I did this for attention; attention was a nice side effect. He's the first person I've ever reported and not actually the worst, but I had to start somewhere for society's sake. It's really down to my crush that I have enough self respect and mindfulness of other potential victims. I used to think, eh well, misunderstanding, perp deserves a life too, and that was just my way of rationalising things so that I wouldn't have to take action and put my own name next to "sexual assault" and truly admit to myself that it happened.

I'm also a Christmas temp at my two past jobs. Works out well for me, but I won't be able to continue in the second and third year of uni as I've already cut my deadlines in half this year to work Christmas.
    If your idea of interesting is getting somebody banned from a uni society mainly because they were obsessed with my crush (not sexually as far as I know, I mean like where-does-he-live-why-aren't-we-friends-god-he's-pathetic-love-me-instead), a society I'm still considering leaving for other reasons, but mostly going through with it in defense of my crush's virtues, as an excuse to talk to my crush, and because the leadership team my crush is part of hate the guy anyway for reasons they can't justify booting him for and wanted shot of him. That makes me sound really bad, but this cunt tried to take advantage of me when I was drunk and showed little more discretion while sober. [continued]
    I'm alright. I have a better support network than I previously thought, so the feeling that all people IRL are fucked in the head has been somewhat negated and I don't feel so alone. It's so kind of you to ask though. How are you doing? :)
    So, is the top 100 films list coming after the top 100 albums list? I'll start working on my list if it is.
    So...about 2 hours from now (I think I did the right conversion). Alright, cool, I can make it.
    Haha, yeah. I'm glad a few people got some enjoyment out of it. And yeah, but that was kind of the point. It was meant to be ironically unfunny and just the NHC in a nutshell.
    But thanks, that's nice of you! Who knows what the future will hold. I just probably won't spend as long on these projects unless I know it'll be right in the end.
    So Bill wasn't in Tinychat at all? I'm pretty sure someone would have mentioned it since if he had been.

Also, sorry for the usernote I sent you a while back.
    I was just readinh through Elliot's thread about thw Scully era again. How come out of all the posts I made defending the era to Jake, you picked the one small part that could be seen as being critical of the era or it's fans (my comment about how I don't believe Scully revolutionized the show) to respond to? Seems a bit unfair, IMO.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back