Recent content by Rowdy

1. Rowdy

Classic Era Tourney Round 4C: "Itchy & Scratchy&Marge"vs"Brother From Another Series"

Had I refreshed my memory and possessed my DVDs at the moment (they're all on the other side of the country right now), I'd probably have gone with the older choice, but instead my sketchy memory decided to choose "Brother From Another Series" because I hold it in higher esteem in its own season...
  2. Rowdy

"Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind" wins an Emmy Award

It didn't have to compete against South Park this year which was the only series that could've been a contender. SP was in the hour long category for the decent Imaginationland special. I actually think that show hasn't been funny for about three years now but it certainly draws buzz which helps...
  3. Rowdy

Groening "disagrees with critics who question the quality of the show ..."

Jake, please respond to the PM I sent you. Also, I see you've been unenthused with this series for years, practically a decade, even. You would say that any of the Al Jean seasons of recent vintage are better than the shit heaps known as Season 11/12 that Mike Scully through at us from his park...
  4. Rowdy

Rate & Review "Sex, Pies, and Idiot Scrapes" (KABF17)

A decidedly average outing with nothing I intensely disliked, just a lot of ho-hum gags and jokes. I quite liked last year's season premiere despite how disjointed it was since it brought the funny at the very least. You'd figure they'd try to go with an episode that had a lot of killer jokes to...
  5. Rowdy

Does Lisa drop the "F" word in "Homer The Heretic" (9F01)?

Where's that poster who knows EVERYTHING about every joke when you need him? It's been a while since I've been here, but that man has major skills.
  6. Rowdy

Simpsons Movie Thread (7/27/2007; Updates on Page 1; Trailer Airs on Fox 11/12)

Joe Mantegna confirmed on Craig Ferguson tonight that Fat Tony is in The Simpsons Movie....
  7. Rowdy

New Canadian TV series "FANatical" looking for die hard Simpsons fans

Don't be a bastard, Jonah. You need to do this in order to show up every Simpsons fan on the planet. It's what you were born for.
  8. Rowdy

Simpsons Movie Thread (7/27/2007; Updates on Page 1; Trailer Airs on Fox 11/12)

Whoever is saying the show isn't making money anymore is WAY off........the series has one of the most expensive advertisement rates in television.....not to mention the obvious extras (merchandising, syndication, etc....)
  9. Rowdy

which is better?

Road Rage is a great game, but it seems less so now that there's Hit and Run.......in fact, I was impressed by Road Rage visually up until I played the latter game.
  10. Rowdy

Rate/Review "Marge and Homer Turn a Couple Play" (HABF16)

A few choice bits near the start.........but it's easily the weakest (and most forgettable) season finale yet.
  11. Rowdy

Rate & Review King of the Hill: Edu-macating Lucky

He's done the voice for every episode and even attends the table readings now.
  12. Rowdy

Rate & Review King of the Hill: Edu-macating Lucky

Nice season finale, just slightly low on laughs. 4/5
  13. Rowdy

Rate/Review "Regarding Margie" (HABF13)

2/5........a strong laugh or two, but they took a fine concept and did little with it.
  14. Rowdy

Rate/Review KotH: Hank's Bully

Interesting how it lacked, you know, humor. And it's not like I've outgrown the show because I just watched the Season 6 DVD all the way through and was in stitches despite having seen the episodes multiple times. They've just really exhausted their supply of storylines and jokes.
  15. Rowdy

Rate/Review South Park 1007: "Tsst"

Very, very funny episode. Possibly my favorite ending in the show's history.
Back