Recent content by red

1. R

best Carl quotes

Carl: So, uh, ain't you guys gonna ask me about my hat? Lenny: Oh! Hey, Carl, what's with the hat? Carl: Oh, what, this thing?
  2. R

VERY subtle jokes you've caught

Yes but it wouldn't be funny if you didn't know it was a play on "see dog run".
  3. R

Citizen Kane (or: how I learned to love movie references)

I watched Requiem for a dream and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest after having seen the Simpsons references.
  4. R

why

Yes, yes they do. They hurt a lot too. Hugh, why are you posting this as if it's the first time you've had the idea that the show has declined? You've been posting here for months. Surely you realise that this is talked about constantly.
  5. R

"Lisa the Loner"

Damn double post.
  6. R

"Lisa the Loner"

The beginning is still identical, and Lisa becomes friends with Alison at the end of Lisa's Rival.
  7. R

Episodes You've Memorized Word By Word

^ Actually, come to think of it, I probably know Wizard of Evergreen Terrace off by heart.
  8. R

Worst pre scully jokes

It was a joke. Lenny used the phrase 'money to burn' to mean literally burning the dollar bill. I just never liked the way he said the line.
  9. R

Episodes Sky don't show

I agree, but I suppose with so many other episodes to show in their place, they feel that they may as well avoid the risk of offending anybody.
  10. R

The Best of the Worst

I've never really had a problem with Kidney Trouble. It's not great, but I certainly wouldn't think of it as the worst episode. For some reason, I can't remember for the life of me what Homer the Moe is even about, so I'm going to have to go for Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble, as the others...
  11. R

Best Treehouse of Horror Episode

I definitely prefer THOH I. The Raven, Hungry are the Damned and Bad Dream House were all fantastic.
  12. R

Worst pre scully jokes

From Homer vs. Patty and Selma Lenny: Hey, Homer! How come you've got money to burn? Or singe, anyway? For some reason I never liked that joke.
  13. R

Episodes You've Memorized Word By Word

I don't think I know any episode off by heart, but there's usually at least one scene in each episode that I can recite.
  14. R

Retirement Gag

Just noticed a similar joke recently - could be the one Dondelinger was referring to as it is from The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons. The man outside the auction puts up a sign saying 'Tomorrow: I RETIRE, YA BASTARDS!' and then falls off his ladder.
  15. R

Relatives favourite episodes

My dad likes any episode heavily featuring Ralph or Moe. I've never thought to ask him which is his favourite, but I'm guessing it's probably I Love Lisa.
Back