MaggotMagnet
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Just saw your posts about Scrabble. That's my favorite game. Do you play Words With Friends or some variant of it? I don't know anyone who plays it anymore and thus have nobody to play with. 😪
    Reactions: MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Oh, heck yeah! Thanks for the invite. I LOVE SCRABBLE! I've always been alone in my love, because my family is too Russian-speaking to play. :D
    I haven't played Words with Friends in about a decade - is that the one with the least advertising on it? If so I'll download the app.
    Also, woohoo Meko. Good taste!
    Reactions: Meko
    Financial Panther
    Financial Panther
    There are ads on it. I'm not sure if there's a version with fewer ads. It's not toooo bad, in my opinion, though.
    Financial Panther
    Financial Panther
    Send me a private message with your username if you end up making an account!
    I AM OFFICIALLY BALD!
    As of this morning.
    My barber Sal made it happen.
    Just wanted to spread the good word.
    Has anyone ever watched 2000s cartoon Mucha Lucha? I might give it another try. First time I watched it I barely spoke English. It's historically significant as the first animated TV series to use Macromedia Flash. The theme song slaps too!
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    I watched some of it. Graaaaaaaaagh, it had 1-2 laughs per episode despite there being 30 or so jokes present; none of the humor really resonated with me TBH. Just kind of a weird, wacky, and needlessly cruel show at times. Definitely sets a weird example for kids, pretty much advocating to fight bullies at school, cut class, and other disrespectful stuff. But groundbreaking for its Flash use, for sure. And no wonder I had a crush on Senor Hasbeena; he's stuck in the groovy '70s, talks like Disco Stu, flirts with the Headmistress, and definitely is, uh......not entirely straight according to my calculations LOL

MLSr.HasbeenaEarlySketchDesign.jpg
    Number1LennyFan
    Number1LennyFan
    I definitely remember watching this, thanks for unlocking that memory
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Heck yeah! You're very welcome LennyFan. 😁🤣
    So, aah, do we have an existing thread about relationship/dating advice? o_O
    I feel like I'm in a pickle rn and would appreciate some friendly op-onions.
    tumblr_inline_paxu2lmNxW1t78dpp_75sq.gifv
    Jackomon
    Jackomon
    I think there might be, feel like I have glanced at one before somewhere...
    Jackomon
    Jackomon
    The closest I could find are these two:

There is also one for online relationships, if its something like that:

and the only dating one I could find is this:

Hope that helps you out
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Yasssss!!!! You da best! Thank you for the help! I'll probably post in the first one since it seems to be the biggest. Much appreciated!
    I AM SO MAD that Google prioritizes stupid Quora and Reddit, where most people have casual knowledge at most, above actual forum sites like ours for example where people are devoted fans. It really grinds my gears! 😠You don't often see me mad on here but I needed to rant :)
    Oh my freaking goodness. I was wondering why there was a 'Thursday the 20th' event on our shared staff calendar...then it hit me HAHHAA!
    my one other Simpsons-loving coworker must've done this months ago 🤣🤣
    I was out with new friends on Peace Walk all day yesterday - and all the 70s guitar folk songs we sang together, and South African 90s "End Apartheid Now" pins/posters I saw at their house, kept reminding me of my favorite spiky haired activist!! :lisa:
    IMG_5131.jpegIMG_5132.jpeg
    Has anyone else ever watched All Hail King Julien?!?!?! I am loving that show with my whole heart right now LOL.
    Reactions: Aycaramba!
    Aycaramba!
    Aycaramba!
    When I first heard of it, I thought they were taking it too far giving Julien his own show. But I never saw it and heard before that it's pretty good.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    ME TOO! I was like, "This is so dumb, how good could it possibly be?" Then I realized the writers had the same exact thought so they elected to just go CRAZY on the scripts, and surprisingly it has such good complex protagonists, super unpredictable, great female characters, multiple jokes a minute, etc. I just love it when shows take a stupid concept and execute it amazingly. 🤣Thanks for letting me rant about it! I hope you give it a chance hehee, lmk if you do.
    Aycaramba!
    Aycaramba!
    ok I'll let you know if I do. Ive wanted to give it a chance in the past
    Me: Ah yes, this person is 26 haha, they are an adult . lol grown-ups
    Homer-Simpson-sleeping-peacefully-meme-2rfd59.jpg

Me: realizing I'm 25
    Homer-Cant-Sleep-meme-8.jpg
    • Haha
    Reactions: I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Just wait until you hit 30!
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    My gosh yes!!!! Glad you can relate. I literally cannot believe that's only 5 years from now. *homer voice* AH!
    But I love aging! Ah yes to be wise and mature!
    I Love Lisa
    I Love Lisa
    Ha ha I'm not sure I'm either wise or mature to be fair. :P
    Quick Question: Why is your username maggot magnet? What does it mean?:outoftouch:
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    HAHAHH!!! I love the Skinnermoji getting used. That is making my day :lol:
    Thank you so much for asking!

Here's the 2009 video my username is from! (It was a trend back in those days, where TF2 characters would say they were a thing and then become that thing. Like Heavy being a credit card.)
    For almost the entire decade (2011-2019), I was obsessed with TF2. Clearly I always need some angry harebrained middle-aged men to obsess over :')
    OH MY FREAKING GOD GUYS.
    AT THIS TIME OF YEAR?!?!? IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY!?!?!? /
    My Simpsons-loving coworker who knows my fave chars told me about this, and i almost went insane LOL I will absolutely be taking a look tonight. THANK YOU LORD
    • Love
    Reactions: I Love Lisa
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    @Venomrabbit I hear it may be visible for another day yet, I had no idea about it until this morning so here's hoping we can actually see the Northern Lights!!!
    @I Love Lisa, LOL, yes, please post about it too! The NHC town is big enough for all of us. Never too many Simpsons memes. :lol:
    @Wile E. the Brain *Skinner voice* Yes! Or do you mean it was literally in a different region than you lol? I'm projected to see it because I live in New Jersey.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Well apparently it was more noticeable in the North, I'm in the South, unfortunately.

So there's actually some good in living in New Jersey ? Futurama lied to me ? ^^
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    FUTURAMA LIED TO ME TOO!🤣😆I was so scared to move here from Brooklyn when I was 10 specifically because of Futurama's libel. But the "Garden State" is literally my favorite state of the 13 I've visited - it has historic villages, beautiful resort beaches, huge farms, hipster cities, futuristic malls, Native American pow wows, mountains, plains, rodeos...and all within 3 hours' drive of each other! Every single town is such a different vibe and you can get a total change of scenery in just 15 minutes' drive! The highways are amazing! I can go on and on about how much I love this state!!!😂🤣🤣i moved to NYC only to move back here into Morris County! Google image "beauitful nj" and you'll see what I mean!

Anyway I missed Aurora Borealis...noo!! I couldb't see it.I hope the South has been treating ya well!:) southest I've ever been is NC and Florida, but I have coworkers from Alabama.
    Me watching Marx Brothers and they keep saying funny words
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    You remind me that I need to watch more of their films. I absolutely love these guys and their brand of humor (then again they inspired Looney Tunes and Animaniacs a lot so just put two and two together).

- A hermit, huh ? I notice the table is set for four.
    - Well that's nothing. My alarm clock is set for 8.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    HHAHAHAH oh my gosh YES I loved that scene so much!!!! I had to google it for the movie name (Night at the Opera) but I remember it was from that hilarious scene where the detective is in their room and Groucho 's character is running around hiding everyone and flat out telling LIES.

Oh man, yes, I can totally see the inspiration. Their written dialogue is just incredible. That's a hilarious line you picked out LOL! Not only did they have great writing at times,but their delivery was so effortless and fast-paced that I actually hear new jokes on a second watching.

When I posted the above Homer I was cracking up at Chico pretending to be an ice cream salesman and yelling GET YOUR HOOTSY TOOTSY ICE CREAM and GET YOUR TOOTSY FROOTSY and it kept devolving into GET YOUR FOOTSY TOOTSY etc etc. all while scamming the heck out of the Groucho character LOL. During "A Day at the Races" somewhere around the 18 minute mark.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Yep, Groucho's utterly nonchalent delivery of those witty lines definitely elevates them and makes them funnier than they already are.

Even their visual humor is on point, although most of the time they sneak verbal humor in to cement the comedy of a certain scene. Still in 'Night at the Opera', the scene where Groucho tries to cram all those people inside a single room is incredible. "Is it me or it's getting crowded in here ?"
    Is it too late to suggest things for more building analysis? Mr Burns' manor just popped in my mind.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    OH YEAH!!! A wonderful Federalist mansion IIRC!! I remember I had to identify it for a scrappdd story I was writing haha. It's a fascinating structure though idk if I'll be inspired to do a writeup. XD thanks for thinking of me however!
    Venomrabbit
    Venomrabbit
    Ah fair enough, I mostly wanted to hear what you thought even if it was just short! Again, amazed by your ID'ing skills, legitimately stunning.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    D'awww thank you so much!!!You may be persuading me to at least do a teeny weeny little writeup because now I'm curious about the origin of the mansion, like whether Burns had it built for him or not 🤔
    [cosplay posting] ONLY A FEW MORE HOURS UNTIL I AM FULLY SKINNERED!!!!! I still haven't seen it all come together. cannot wait for the con this evening. Truly a glorious day.
    Been thinking of doing a post on the meta thread examining Skinner's relationship with Bart. Because it feels like one of those classic relationships which the show just....lost track of.
    Reactions: MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Heck yeah!!!! Thanks for thinking of me and posting to my wall! :D I was going to write an extremely long winded reply to this, but I suppose I'll save it for the meta thread! Please tag me in case I miss it!
    IMG_4136.jpeg
    Uhmmm actually, the Springfield Facebook equivalent is FaceLook, not SpringFace. IIRC SpringFace was the defunct short-lived social networking site, created and later shut down by Lisa, whereas FaceLook has appeared in numerous episodes.:blunder:

(reading Bart Simpson #98, 2015)
    Ah I've been away all week and it seems it was your birthday the other day! Please accept these belated well wishes.
    Hello, Avital (for the first time met such name, seriously). I congratulate you on your 25TH birthday. Wish you more years of developing, health, calm, wealth, love, happiness and D'ohes, of course.
    MaggotMagnet
    MaggotMagnet
    Why thank you for the D'ohes, heheh! Велике спасибі!! 1712687045449.pngi appreciate that, Yes I'm usually people's first Avital. Weird name but I refuse to change it. :lol:
    Reactions: Bohdan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back