Recent content by John95

1. John95

Rate And Review: Faith No More (Family Guy, NACX12)

Of all the times they decide to not have a pointless act 4, we get one of the worst endings to a season in a while but on-par with all the shit that this show's been crapping out since The Return of the King (of Queens). The rest of the episode is standard fare for this show, what with several...
  2. John95

General CD/Vinyl/Cassette Thread

More or less, but also likely other reasons depending on the release. Happy Birthday! was released in conjunction with the show's 35th anniversary which occured in 2004. I've seen it reported that this release occured in September, so if it was only meant to be available for the show's...
  3. John95

General CD/Vinyl/Cassette Thread

Here's what I've gotten over the last month and a half: With the exception of Dreamytime Songs, all the Sesame Street CDs here are among some of the rarest as their usual starting prices on eBay tends to be as low as $30 to $40 and as high as $80! Yet the most I ended up paying for any of...
  4. John95

Hailey's On It!

You're right, I meant to say Dance Like No Mom is Watching. The fact that the episode frames it as Beta being in the right because the Professor had the same idea (as evidenced by his very infuriating 'I told you so!') which as previously mentioned comes off as him being rewarded for being a...
  5. John95

Hailey's On It!

And with this rehasing Dance, Dance Resolution in that regard, both segments were also ones where a list item wasn't accomplished which didn't hit me until after it was over. Though of course this one does the whole plot bending in Beta's favor worse for reasons I already mentioned. I was...
  6. John95

Hailey's On It!

And... We're back to the quality dip again... I'm sorry to say that this is honestly the worst episode yet since the show came back from hiatus. When Squeeples Attack is an example of how something that's mostly decent can be instantly killed by a terrible ending which here is them pulling the...
  7. John95

Hailey's On It!

It's actually a good episode, I just mentioned it because I saw them within the same timeframe and have similar uses of faculty member framing students to get them sent to detention and not being punished by a higher power once they're found out. Yeah, both segments.
  8. John95

Hailey's On It!

Hence why within this episode's context, I referred to him as an intrusive little pest since he literally has no reason to be here and one quick rewrite could've removed him entirely and the episode would've been better off for it. The problem I had with him is that it made the episode the kind...
  9. John95

Rate And Review: Fat Actor (Family Guy NACX11)

Unfortunately that still ended up being what happened here as after act 1, it feels like the plot pauses for act 2 which feels longer than normal by wasting itself on a bunch of bad drawn-out 'jokes' (such as the aforementioned facetime bit) and by the time the plot resumes for act 3 it still...
  10. John95

Rate And Review: Fat Actor (Family Guy NACX11)

Wow, that was so fucking BORING! The plot basically comes to to a halt after act 1 and doesn't resume again until act 3, and even then the rest of the episode feels like white noise that doesn't amount to anything. Doesn't help that the jokes are all terrible as per usual, with the highlights...
  11. John95

Hailey's On It!

12. John95

Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur

@CousinMerl I've been a little too preoccupied lately to reply. But I will say for now is that supposedly there are still 10 more episodes left to go this season which were added later as originally The Molecular Level was to be the season finale (and you can tell based on how it plays out) but...
  13. John95

TV Themes Showdown IV

The Muppet Show
  14. John95

Hailey's On It!

I guess I could've worded it better, but when I mentioned The Saw-Shank Redemption, that episode is the one where he is entirely pointless despite appearing and one quick rewrite could easily remove him. Magician: Impossible being the one where his appearance is vital I guess even if it comes...
  15. John95

Worst Individual Seasons Of TV Shows

As for Star vs. the Forces of Evil, I wouldn't completely erase Season 4 but I would've ended it sooner than when it did. The easy pick would be ending it with Cornonation since outside of the final stinger with Mina's crow, it essentially wraps everything up with it comes to the stuff on Mewni...
Back