hughes
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yes, Take My Life, Sleaze is good. But there is also The Cartridge Family, Bart Carny, King of the Hill, The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Homer Simpson in : Kidney Trouble, Homer to the Max, Maximum Homerdrive, The Mansion Family, A Tale of Two Springfields, The Computer Wore Menace Shoes, Hungry Hungry Homer that are good.
    Even Kill the Alligator and Run, Simpson Safari aren't so bad as that.
    Ah, you read my User notes. :)
    Effectively, I'm not a fan of Lisa's Substitute. I don't like sentimental episodes. Lisa's Substitute is "soft", but a little too much to my taste.
    There are episodes or the emotion passes well (One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish / Mother Simpson), But It isn't the case in that one, too "marshmallow". Besides, humor isn't very present. I prefered the story with Bart. But I admit that by watching this episode in French Version, I didn't maybe judge in its just value the performance of Dustin Hoffman... sorry, I wanted to say Sam Etic. :D
    Moreover, this episode is averagely appreciated in France. French and Americans people have different tastes. You like the episodes centred on Lisa, while they are not our favorites. However, you don't like episodes written by John Swartzwelder during the Scully era, while in France, they are appreciated.
    i don't know... i rarely give episodes below a D, and i have given several episodes A and B ;)
    hahaha, cool. I knew that you drove on the opposite side of the road, but thanks anyway ^_^ If I drove, I'd find it really weird if I were to change from England to America and drive lol, I'd cause an accident. I'd imagen some of your major cities would be busier than some of ours. Cool, you like British bands? lol, currently, most of my favourite singers are from Japan lol. My favourite artist is from Korea and has just released her US album after 9 years of performing and releasing albums in Korea and Japan ^_^ her name is BoA
    Oh ok, it's similar, but we may have more time off in the actual school year, but you guys have more time in the summer holidays ^_^ So you live in America eh? The home of The Simpsons! lol, what's America like?
    Yes - I can't remember if Schools here are the same as College (though I am sure they are) we have 1 week off every half-term and then the end of the term we have 2 weeks off. in total we probably have about 7 weeks off. How about in your country? sorry - I'm not sure where you live lol.
    Hahaha, yeah - Summer Holiday's are great! Though schools in England only have 6 weeks off.
    hehehe, well it's called B&W College. Next year they're opening a brand new (possibly high-tech) building! I'm studying Business & IT right now, but next year I'll be doing Media.
    Glad to hear. I go to a College located in South East England - You have probably never heard of it though.
    No Problem - I hope you had a nice time?
    Well, I have almost finished College now - hopefully one more week. Then I go back in September.
    That's great. Oh, and Happy Birthday! You did say it was this Wednesday right? lol
    Me too, I enjoyed the Movie.
    As for Season 10, I think that is the last great season of The Simpsons. Some very good episodes (Maximum Homerdrive, Mom and Pop Art, Mayored to the Mob, Thirty Minutes over Tokyo, Lisa Gets an "A") and not episodes too bad. I even find "Homer Simpson in : Kidney Trouble" good, unlike many of you.
    For me, the Golden Age of The Simpsons is between seasons 4 to 10. Seasons 2 and 3 are already very good, but we feel that the writers, designers, and voice actors are still looking for their brands.
    The decline comes at the season 11 until 13, which is for me the worst season. It is improving at seasons 14 to 16, and then drop it again from the 17.
    I haven't yet seen the season 20, I expect the French Version. It's planned for September.
    The French Version suffered a blow as Michel Modo, the voice of Burns, Krusty, Wiggum, Skinner, Brockman, Hibbert, Quimby, Moleman, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Mel, McAllister, Kirk, Marvin Monroe, Jasper etc... died in September 2008, without having finished Season 19.
    He was replaced by Gerard Rinaldi, who played with Mickey Rooney in "From Hong Kong with love". It's also the French voice of Goofy (the Goofy of Mickey Mouse).
    Well, that's a good point. I don't get what the army's doing anyway. They don't have to play world police, it costs money and it doesn't really bring anything.
    I am also quite indulgent. I made my league episodes and 147/420 end up with 15 or more.
    This system works a bit like Morris Szyslak. + there are points, + I appreciate the episode.
    20 = Almost perfect.
    19 = Awesome.
    18 = Great.
    17 = Very very good.
    16 = Very good.
    15 = Good.
    14 = Nice.
    13 = Pretty nice.
    12 = Correct.
    11 = Pretty correct.
    10 = Average.
    9 = Very average.
    8 = Pretty bad.
    7 = Bad.
    6, 5 = Quite bad.
    4 = Awful.
    3 = Very awful.
    2 = Very very awful.
    1 = Very very very awful.
    I never set to zero, because there is always one or two things to save in a episode of The Simpsons.
    Thanks. Reassure yourself, your spelling is correct. Your French is better than my English.;)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back