Recent content by Greased Scotsman

1. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "The Real Housewives of Fat Tony" (NABF12)

I enjoyed it right up until the Jersey Shore parodies kicked in, after which it was meh. But the first three acts were great. Laughed a lot, lots of good jokes and a few choice sign gags that I really liked. Voted 5/5 on the poll but it was more a 4/5 in hindsight. Not as good as Great Simpsina...
  2. Greased Scotsman

Scheduled NHC Downtime for Significant Upgrade: May 27th through June 1st

What Postmaster said. I totally understand why this was done and can see the positives behind it, but the ability to view the old-style misc forum would be greatly appreciated. edit: thanks eric
  3. Greased Scotsman

Hey, not bad, got university finals coming up next month so getting pretty stressed with all the...

Hey, not bad, got university finals coming up next month so getting pretty stressed with all the studying that has to be done ^^ how you doing?
  4. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "The Great Simpsina" (NABF11)

FANTASTIC episode. Loads of laugh-out-loud gags, great use of minor characters (e.g. Wiggum and Flanders) and a nicely-paced, well-written storyline, with great use of guest stars. The use of magic allowed for some brilliant original jokes. I thought it was the best episode of this season so...
  5. Greased Scotsman

upcoming episodes information (season 6)

So I don't know if anyone saw this, but the second half of this season is set to premiere on June 23rd, according to this article.
  6. Greased Scotsman

Futurama gets renewed for a seventh season

:nerdbang:
  7. Greased Scotsman

Season 14 DVD & Blu-ray (release date: December 6, 2011)

I don't see any reason why they can't resume doing two a year. S14 in August, S15 at Christmas. Unless Al Jean's busy schedule means it takes longer for him to do commentaries.
  8. Greased Scotsman

Anyone ever had to rebuy a Simpsons DVD set yet?

All of my S1-8 DVDs apart from S1 and S3 are American copies, because they were almost always released first in the US and almost always cheaper too. I have a multi-region player but I plan to re-buy the UK versions eventually. So far I've only bought S6 - I've been waiting for the earlier...
  9. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "The Scorpion's Tale" (NABF08)

I enjoyed it a lot. Yes the eyeball thing was freaky, but the episode as a whole had a lot of good jokes, an interesting and original story, and a great guest star. And whenever anything unrealistic happens in a Simpsons episode I just think back to Bart's line that "cartoons don't have to make...
  10. Greased Scotsman

jurassic bark is so overrated

I would agree that Luck of the Fryrish is more emotional. Probably because Fry knows how much his family missed him after he left in LOTF, whereas he has no idea about Seymour waiting around for twelve years. Also, if Bender's Big Score is canon, then he never actually left Seymour, since he...
  11. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "Homer the Father" (NABF05)

Definitely a strange episode, but not in a bad way. It never felt rushed; I remember being surprised that it was only halfway through when it seemed like a lot had happened. Some great gags, some WTF moments (like the pond in the back yard). Favourite jokes - Milhouse's overalls, Bart on...
  12. Greased Scotsman

your most viewed episode

Most of Season 1, since that was the first DVD set I got way back in 2001 and I loved all those episodes. More recently I'd have to say Mountain of Madness, Whacking Day, Round Springfield and Jaws Wired Shut are all up there.
  13. Greased Scotsman

Episodes with the Best Music

'Round Springfield is my all-time favourite with "Jazzman". Also the '60s music in Mother Simpson. Also: The Mansion Family - "China Grove" It's a Mad(x4) Marge - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" The Way We Was - "The Joker" + others
  14. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "Mom's I'd like to Forget" (NABF03)

I thought that at first, but once the scars are introduced it settles down from there.
  15. Greased Scotsman

Rate and Review: "Mom's I'd like to Forget" (NABF03)

After Mayor Quimby says "We all love fireworks!" there's a shot of the families cheering, and you can see the Lovejoys in between Marge and the Muntz family.
Back