fritz
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• holy fuck. i knew blood meridian was being made into a film, but i had no idea todd field was directing it. in the bedroom and little children are two of my favorite films from this decade. dude is so good ... i hate that kubrick died before either were released, since he was his mentor and all. sissy spacek's performance in in the bedroom is beyond words. love her. top ten actress for me.

the only other mccarthy book i've read is no country for old men. like you said, it can be read in one sitting ... and i read it on a short pland ride to san diego. i loved it though. read it again after i saw the movie. i don't mind quick reads ... that's one of the reasons steve martin is one of my favorite authors of this decade. i've read shopgirl three times. fucking love that novella. i'm more inclined to reread books that take only three or four hours.

anyway, i'll stop polluting your wall. i gave up on the torrent and bought the road. i have a hangup about paying for a book that's a paperback so i shelled out a few extra bucks for the hardcover from his website. see, i'm not such a jew after all. sorry, aoife.
    the boss of it all is an inconsequential film, but it's aware of that and even announces it within the first minute. i would like to see van trier take another stab at comedy because he has a knack for it, although by the film's end i also got the impression that he had a certain disdain for it as well. i like his sense of humor ... i probably laughed more during breaking the waves and manderlay than any sober person should.

the fall is now towards the top of my reading list. wasn't the plague mentioned on the simpsons once? i think there's an episode where there's a flu epidemic and on the news they mention that people have been mistakenly checking out that book from the library searching for medical info. i just googled it and nothing came up, so i'm probably wrong.

anyway, my interest in reading is peeked because i just started downloading torrents of ebooks. i thought it would be a headache reading a book on my laptop, but it's not bad. the only reason i haven't started the road is because i can't find the ebook anywhere. i'm so cheap.
    i really dug the stranger. so glad that you (or billy?) brought it up the other day in the insomnia thread. i have a few books i plan to read first, but what should my next camus novel be?

oh, and you need to check out the boss of it all. it's far from van trier's best work, but it's one of his most entertaining films. i don't know why i was surprised that he was such a capable comedic director ... it was the humorous moments of breaking the waves that ultimately made it such a tragic work.
    well,

i put the cd in the laptop and open the folder and then there are all 9 songs in separate files. i archived the whole folder but when i go to upload to divshare it looks like i can only upload songs individually or some shit? i guess i just really really suck at this! i can always just divshare each of the 9 tracks individually and send them to you and maybe you arent such an incompetent shit with this? unless there is some easier option
    have you heard jesca hoops new record yet

i got a promo version for 50p today. stoked! if you havent got it i can upload it but uh you might have to remind me how to do that
    this is pretty darn different to the previous ep. more fast paced & shit. i dont think im loving it
    hahah yeah

that's why my posts in b&a were merged

''mother fucking tones is triple posting, let's do it!"
    so, who would have thought that my name change would have done all that, huh

next year I'm changing my name to shit

well, now back to normal
    haha yeah i really dig that chrisette michele album! i haven't heard the division day or screen vinyl image albums so i'll get on that. it's been a pretty sucky year
    i expected nothing else from glassjaw. ugh. and yeah plz do post travel II when you geddit.

what are like your 5 favourite albums from this year, apart from the travel EP. just curioussss
    dammit, bro

This started off as me wanting to be "Mr. Lawn", but then, that was too imitable of "Mr. Broom".. so then, I was like...ummmmm, "Sir Lawn"? But that maniac Sir Boardsalot has that covered... then I was like, well, NHC needs a Dr... totally forgetting your credentials... Sorry, brah
    eh, I have been mimicking themes lately, but you are truth.

this is my experimental stage of boarding...

I call it boardcore
    mitch says:
    whast his nam
    mitch says:
    *what's his name
    mitch says:
    damn, this is a losing battle
    mitch says:
    sleeping pills to combat insomnia
    mitch says:
    I guess
    mitch says:
    in that sense
    mitch says:
    a victory

reminded me of you.
    fritz that makes me sad because you're one of my favorite parts of this board
    please come back
    you're making me act all gushy and i am so not one of those girls
    that sounds awesome! more aggressive, and it means we get an EP plus an LP later on. thanks for the news! :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
    excuse me doctor
    i have a disease and it's called "where has fritz been lately"
    treatment plz
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back