Recent content by Frankbags

1. Frankbags

Rate & Review: "Clan of the Cave Mom" (35ABF06)

I have to re-watch the episode as I watched it while I was in a meeting while my microphone was muted. I missed a few things but It's nice to see some classic dynamics. In the comics there's a story where Bart and Milhouse are not at home, Marge goes to his room and he says "He must be...
  2. Frankbags

Best Simpsons Game?

I went with H&R but debated going for the Arcade game. For a long time that was the only fun Simpsons game available. Virtual Bart is decent, It's certainly a huge step up from those god awful NES games I grew up on. Virtual Springfield was fun but not much of a game. A notable mention is...
  3. Frankbags

Best band to never guest star on The Simpsons.

how many bands have been featured on the Simpsons? 4, 5? What kind of question is this.
  4. Frankbags

Rewatching the Simpsons

I think I like 11 more than 10.. but truth be told, anything past season 9 is 50/50 at best. I can look at a list of episodes and reminisce about seeing half of them 25 or so years ago and look at half the other and wonder what went wrong with the show.
  5. Frankbags

Rate & Review: "Lisa Gets an F1" (35ABF05)

I actually enjoyed this episode. I couldn't help but think about "Saturdays of thunder" before watching it. The fact that it was a Lisa episode really lowered my expectations. I liked the genesis of the plot. Homer's characterisation was great. While It's true that Paolo's shtick was a...
  6. Frankbags

Why the Simpsons are failing

VR is like 50+ years old.. There was a huge wave of it in the late 80s / early 90s. The technology just wasn't there at the time.
  7. Frankbags

Rate & Review: "Frinkenstein's Monster" (35ABF03)

I glanced at some of the scores before watching and I wasn't too sure why they were so low. I thought it was shaping up to be an interesting episode but that quickly went sour. It was a pretty by the numbers episode, homer has a new job, he wears a suit, he drives a new car. yawn. I did like...
  8. Frankbags

Rate and Review: "I Love Lisa"

Am I the only one who sees humor in this discussion happening on the thread for this particular episode? I don't want to make light of someone's situation but you at least have to acknowledge it. This is a great episode and it just reminds me how much they gave ralph so early on in the show...
  9. Frankbags

Which episode featured Phil Hartman's best performance?

There are just so many of them. "A fish called Selma" showcased so many of his talents. If I had to pick one It might be that one but almost every classic episode had an iconic moment with Hartman's VA It was a great loss for the world.
  10. Frankbags

Which "classic" episodes are dated?

Yeah.. I think they handled her transition to vegetarianism well. There's a lot of pescetarians out there.
  11. Frankbags

Which "classic" episodes are dated?

Julio does come off like that sassy Latin gay lover. It is a trope, like the sassy black woman but they exist out there, I don't think characters like that shouldn't exist but they should at least have a little more to offer. Also, I recommend watching The Birdcage. It's one of the few...
  12. Frankbags

Most Baffling Continuity Error?

He was just really sick.
  13. Frankbags

The Simpsons Arcade Game

I have great memories of playing that game as a kid. It's on the short list of good Simpsons Video games... IMO The Arcade Game and Hit and Run are the only good games. I haven't really played the Simpsons game but I grew up on the NES game.. I thought it was horrible then and still think so now.
  14. Frankbags

Rate & Review: "Do the Wrong Thing" (35ABF01)

The more I think about the episode the more I think I may not like the direction. It felt a little bare, I try hard not to compare modern episodes to classic episodes but I feel like there were no real establishing shots. Whenever there was a "sporting" event in the classic era and there would...
  15. Frankbags

Rate & Review: "Do the Wrong Thing" (35ABF01)

I wasn't really feeling that one.. it's not bad but I found it very average. I couldn't help but think about general sherman in the beginning. I didn't dislike the different "sports" they cheated at but ultimately this Homer and Bart bonding episode was sidetracked by Lisa's B plot about...
Back