Recent content by Financial Panther

1. Financial Panther

When does the Al Jean era turn awful & predictable?

The Bonfire of the Manatees starts out the season and feels like a by-the-numbers marriage crisis episode that set the stage for countless more to follow, and The Italian Bob was by far the worst Bob episode up to that point. I enjoyed the Bob episodes for longer than most fans seemed to — I...
  2. Financial Panther

When does the Al Jean era turn awful & predictable?

I think season 17 was the point where Jean's episodes turned from adequate to mostly poor. There have been varying degrees of quality since then, but 16 to 17 was a noticeable dip that it's never quite come back from. One could say seasons 33-34 were a step up from 16, but I think those eras are...
  3. Financial Panther

I'd rather this forum not get inundated with showdowns, so I'd hold off.

I'd rather this forum not get inundated with showdowns, so I'd hold off.
  4. Financial Panther

Rate & Review: "Clan of the Cave Mom" (35ABF06)

I enjoyed this one. The parallels throughout the episode of ancient life and the feud with Luann were pretty strong, and they didn't detract from the episode. Marge's desires to protect Bart and keep anything bad from happening to him reminded me of A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream in how she had...
  5. Financial Panther

Indeed. I enjoy them too.

Indeed. I enjoy them too.
  6. Financial Panther

Brad pls change your av

I see no problem with Brad's avatar. I feel that you are letting your notions about him affect your opinion of a harmless avatar that you wouldn't bat an eyelash at if someone else had. I'm locking this.
  7. Financial Panther

Underdunk vs. Onderdonk

Fixed the spelling of Onderdonk in the title and poll. Anyway, I always assumed it was Underdunk, but seeing as Onderdonk is/was an actual person's name, it makes more sense, so I support that.
  8. Financial Panther

Autism Day

@MaggotMagnet I just want to use this thread to say that your commitment to finding the number of students at Springfield Elementary was extremely impressive, and I love the autistic enthusiasm you bring to the board. Autism Speaks or any other stupid organization looking to eradicate autism...
  9. Financial Panther

Very unpopular opinions.

Ooh, they kept Snake's name as Chester Turley. Very good eye for continuity, and much better than "Snake Jailbird."
  10. Financial Panther

1st Annual NHC Simpsons Awards (2023 Edition) - WINNERS NOW POSTED

Good stuff, Brad. Thanks for hosting this. I still don't really see what others do in Ms. Payton, but all the other results are agreeable, especially A Mid-Childhood Night's Dream dominating.
  11. Financial Panther

Was The Simpsons, at its peak, the greatest show you've ever seen?

For whatever you consider The Simpsons' "golden age" to be, do you consider it to be the greatest show that's ever graced your television screen? If not, what is or was better? I have admittedly watched very few shows, but of the ones I've seen, classic Simpsons is easily the best. Futurama...
  12. Financial Panther

Typographical errors in The Simpsons

This title is missing closing quotation marks. Thanks to a sharp-eyed viewer in The Simpsons Discord server for noticing this.
  13. Financial Panther

NHC Discord

This is really annoying... Here you go. https://discord.gg/fazJTWEtUA
  14. Financial Panther

Simpsons Character Analysis & Theories

OMG ME TOOOOOO!! I used to have the 10 largest cities of every state memorized until the 2020 census changed a bunch of them. Regarding Springfield, it's always bothered me a bit how much its size changes. In "A Springfield Summer Christmas for Christmas," Springfield's supposed small size and...
Back