Recent content by Colburn

1. C

Rate/Review The Girl Who Slept Too Little (GABF16)

B+ pretty decent episode, much better than last week's.
  2. C

Quote of the Day Thread

Lisa: Is it my imagination or is television getting worse? Homer: Eh, about the same... O no, watch out Mr. Smithers (thud noise) (Homer laughs)
  3. C

Last cartoon you watched

Space Ghost- Flip Mode (B+)
  4. C

The thread of "worst quotes ever" (the "worst posts ever" were edited to protect you)

The panhandling quote (I can't remember it exactly at this point) where Marge says the word "panhandling" 3-4 times in one sentence always annoyed me.
  5. C

Rate/Review Family Guy "Breaking Out Is Hard to Do"

I personally thought it was the best of the season (I especially liked the fourth wall- Greg Louganis joke, which is funny because I hated all the 4th wall jokes last week.) I really don't have any complaints. B/B+
  6. C

The Simpsons: Season 6 DVD (OUT NOW; want the old-style box? visit simpsonsbox.com)

Interesting list (thanks for the commentary info...) I (like st3vo) also wish that Jon Vitti would have been on the clip show commentary, but it's not a big complaint. I hope David S. Cohen appears on the THOH V commentary.
  7. C

Do All Youngsters Think The Scully Years Are The Best?

That is a pretty accurate bracket, because some kids on my bus who say they are fans (buy all the DVD's and some merchandise) tend to think season 10 is the best (they are 12/13 currently.) I also agree with Veryjammy's post.
  8. C

Early drafts of scripts

That's awesome, Binky! Keep us updated (see if you can find another early Mike Scully script from season six to find some original jokes that may reveal something...)
  9. C

Your Favourite Mike Scully Era Quotes

"Who is this man?" "Do the words 'Executive Producer' mean anything to you." Inintentionally funny to me.
  10. C

Episodes that originally aired on your birthday.

"A Fish Called Selma" It's an okay episode.
  11. C

DVD Commentaries

From season six, basically Wavy's list. From season seven, I'd like to hear Who Shot Mr. Burn's Part Two, The 138th Episode Spectacular (it'll probably repeat the 'Groening/NRA' story from Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes, but that won't bother me.), and basically every other one. I'm enjoying...
  12. C

Rate/Review Family Guy "8 Simple Rules for Buying My Teenage Daughter"

Peter referencing the show, laughing at his own lame jokes (making the overall joke lamer, IMO) and the pointless puke scene annoyed me (and reminded me of a 1994 SNL sketch). However, I enjoyed Meg becoming jealous of Neil, most of the Stewie plot, and the "Simpsons" reference. Overall, a B-
  13. C

Best Episode Written By The Executive Producer

The credit still goes to Deep Space Homer, even with the inclusion of Colonel Homer, Lisa's Sax, and Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiali(annoyed grunt)ous
  14. C

Is The Simpsons Your Favourite Show

I don't enjoy most new The Simpsons episodes in comparisons with shows like Arrested Development, Seinfeld, Futurama etc., but Seasons 1-8 (part of 9) are my favorite show.
  15. C

Quote of the Day Thread

"I'm becoming a little tense around this group of crows." "A murder, honey; A group of crows is called a murder."
Back