Recent content by Charmy

1. C

Best Of My Best Strikes Again

In order of incredible greatness; Lisa's Substitute A+ The Way We Was A+ Flaming Moe's A+ The Day The Violence Died A+ Marge Vs The Monorail A+ Colonel Homer A/A+ Separate Vocations A/A- Homer The Great B+/A- Bart Vs Australia B+/A- Bart's Comet B+ A good list. Some up there I wouldn't have...
  2. C

EA gains Exclusive Simpsons License

Keep hoping. I'll be over here appreciating your unfounded optimism. I would very much like to think that they'll do some good games, but I don't think that's going to happen. If anything, they'll probably backslide in quality from Hit & Run. On the plus side, this is one more step towards...
  3. C

Rate/Review "Treehouse of Horror XVI" (GABF17)

My incredibly late, unneeded opinion. It was okay, but nothing great. Bartificial Intelligence was just sort of meh. You've Grown a Costume on my Face had some funny jokes and nice visuals, but was completely undercut by the lack of a plot. It had some real potential, and it's a shame they...
  4. C

"Marge's Son Poisoning" (GABF20) Preview/Speculation

I really like the sound of this. Marge and Bart have great chemistry, but it's not really used that much. The main examples would probably be "Marge Be Not Proud" and "Bart the Mother", along with a few subplots here and there (like shopping for clothes during "Lisa the Greek"). I expect this to...
  5. C

The Simpsons makes Family Guy

Well, I was going to complain about the Sound of Music bit, but now that would look stupid. :) Seriously, though, I'm glad there's no real outcry about this. It's not any different from Peter being in the THoH segment; it would be hypocritical to take offense at this. So I guess we're lucky...
  6. C

Which Child Does Homer have the Best Relationship With

As a friend, Homer probably has a better relationship with Bart. They're interested in the same things, they join each other in various schemes (including the ridiculous ones, like Grease Harvesting) and generally have more in common. But when it comes to being a parent, Homer doesn't have the...
  7. C

Most underated season?

Thank you. That is the correct answer. It's really very simple; people look at the obvious things (the animation style, Homer's voice, etc.) and say "this isn't like how it is later. Ergo, it is wrong". It's a really stupid way to look at things, but there it is. Another 'problem' (in that it...
  8. C

Let's say The Simpsons was a live action movie..

Tell me that this man should not play Homer Simpson. Go on, say it.
  9. C

R&R Colonel Homer

An incredibly good episode. Much better than "The Last Temptation of Homer" in regards of a 'possible Homer affair' episode. Homer's innocence, and complete obliviousness to Lurleen coming on to him... it's just so endearing. Good stuff. 5/5
  10. C

The Simpsons: The Dark Secrets of The Simpsons

Well, that'll learn you, won't it? Not the ass part, the part about it being on TV. And that goes for the rest of you. :)
  11. C

Stop showing that episode on TV!

Every since the DVD's, I've more or less stopped watching syndication. Most of the Classic Era is out already anyway. I just sit in my bomb shelter, watching episode after episode, and wait for the atomic bombs to drop. Okay, that last part might not be true. But other than Season's 7 & 8, and...
  12. C

Most Average season?

For shame. That's all there is to it. For shame...
  13. C

The Simpsons: The Dark Secrets of The Simpsons

"Homer Badman" is clearly the correct choice, and anyone who disagrees gets slapped with a sexual harassment lawsuit. Don't think I won't do it. There'll be 24 Hour Vigils around your house, and Rock Bottom will hound you until the day you die.
  14. C

Rate/Review Milhouse of Sand and Fog (GABF19)

... You've never had a girlfriend, have you? Sorry about that. That was needlessly cruel.
  15. C

Rate/Review Milhouse of Sand and Fog (GABF19)

Well, Crickey. This episode was quite good up until a point... but when that point was passed, it sunk the quality quite a bit. I think you know what I'm refering to. The Van Houtens reuniting was handled quite well and humourously, as was Milhouse's reaction to the whole thing. I even liked...
Back