Recent content by brokenfan

1. brokenfan

What was the last food you just ate?

Chili sounds soooooo good right now.
  2. brokenfan

So in this part of LA, we have these faux-Terriyaki chains called Flame Broiler's.
  3. brokenfan

Flame Broiler. Absolutely inedible.
  4. brokenfan

General Movie Discussion

Yay! 2016's done! A Arrival Manchester by the Sea Krisha Nocturnal Animals Weiner A- The Neon Demon La La Land The Wailing American Honey Julieta Silence B+ Love and Friendship The Handmaiden The Witch Knight of Cups Elle Green Room The Lobster Hell or High Water The Invitation B...
  5. brokenfan

Most underrated jokes

lol Homer's little "patent pending" pokes "If he's so smart, how come he's dead?"
  6. brokenfan

Your favourite Christmas movies

Any of the Home Alones, but especially the unfairly panned Home Alone 3. and I guess if I'm feeling like delving into horror, Eyes Wide Shut. falalalala-lalalala
  7. brokenfan

Last Movie You Watched Thread

Add me to Finding Dory disappointing. When that Octopus started driving the truck...
  8. brokenfan

....... I mean for those of us in the States, they are. and yes I do realize that some are holdovers from 2015 festivals and what not but c'mon.
  9. brokenfan

2016 top 10 list so far and thoughts: Arrival (Villeneuve) - Saw this twice, bawled my eyes out twice. A beautiful, thought-provoking piece and easily my favorite from this year. Krisha (Shults) - An unsettling look at an age-old movie trope. The score was excellent, and what a monster of a...
  10. brokenfan

Worst attempts at trying to be relevent?

It's a toss-up between the Lady Gaga episode and the freakin' Harlem Shake, or excuse me the "Homer shake". CRINGE to the Max.
  11. brokenfan

Hell or High Water. What a gem. This summer's actually had very good films and this is one of my favorites so far. Darkly humorous and emotionally complex.
  12. brokenfan

General Movie Discussion

Has anyone seen the new OJ documentary? Really worth the watch. Kinda terrifying too.
  13. brokenfan

Anyone else really love the alternate character designs in Barthood?

The fact that they based an episode or at least the title on the most overrated film of recent memory is really disheartening.
  14. brokenfan

Favorite Emotional Simpsons Moments

YES!!!!! This scene ALWAYS gets me, being the oldest brother myself. The way Bart got so damn excited that his little sister's first word was his name. Fuckin' Ninjas, man.
  15. brokenfan

Favorite Emotional Simpsons Moments

We're all fans because The Simpsons writing was so ahead of its time, being able to balance comedy and drama with ease. Mine is a toss up between 'Homer Defined' and 'And Maggie Makes Three' Homer Defined when Bart finally gets to play with Milhouse again and have this little wonderful...
Back