Recent content by BlueRibbonCommittee

1. BlueRibbonCommittee

Is The Simpsons the most outdated show on television?

True, TV Tropes does kinda try too hard sometimes, but stuff like "The Artifact" really does open my eyes to things. And again, it's telling when only one full television show has a page for it. Like I said, DC and Marvel shows never last that long - they just run for a few seasons, and then...
  2. BlueRibbonCommittee

Is The Simpsons the most outdated show on television?

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheArtifact Yeah, looks like The Simpsons is the only franchise with its own page (Pokémon's page is exclusively about the video games and the DC/Marvel stuff applies to the franchises in general with TV parts being integrated, plus they're all...
  3. BlueRibbonCommittee

Is Dead Homer Society gone? (Now back up)

It's not just Bart having a conscience, he had one in "Bart Gets an F" and their comparison, "Bart vs. Thanksgiving". It's how heavy-handed it was, seeming more like the sitcoms that The Simpsons was marketed for attempting not to be. I think another big thing was the grand gesture that fixed...
  4. BlueRibbonCommittee

Yeah, I never agreed with them either, but also noted their experience with the show vs. mine. I've explained it a few times before, when explaining their controversial stance on "Marge Be Not Proud" being the first bad non-clip show. With the difference between "The Simpsons is more realistic...
  5. BlueRibbonCommittee

It hasn't worked for days.
  6. BlueRibbonCommittee

What kind of rotisserie chicken do the Simpsons writers eat these days?

I think it's a reference to the scene in "The Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie Show" when Otto said, "A talking dog? What were you smoking you thought of that?" and one of the writers said, "We were eating rotisserie chicken." Some people equate coming up with terrible ideas with writers eating...
  7. BlueRibbonCommittee

Rate & Review: "The Road to Cincinnati" (ZABF20)

Wow, two episodes in a row with trace amounts of Homer. And... is this one a record for the absolute least amount of Homer for the entire series?
  8. BlueRibbonCommittee

Chalkboard, Billboard, and Couch Gag Thread!

Late response, but That happened twice, with "I will not bring the blackboard home" and "I will not mess with the opening credits". In both cases, the blackboard gag was combined with the couch gag.
  9. BlueRibbonCommittee

Create shitty Simpsons episodes here - Part 2

Nah, even that's not believable. I prefer AlphaOmega's idea from the old thread. I can actually see this happening.
  10. BlueRibbonCommittee

What's the last TV show you watched?

Dragon Ball Classic. Sue me, I like it more than Dragon Ball Z
  11. BlueRibbonCommittee

Is Lisa Goes Gaga still considered the worst episode ever?

I don't even think it's as bad as "Co-Dependent's Day" or "On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister". For later, "Love is a Many Strangled Thing" and "3 Scenes Plus a Tag From a Marriage" are definitely worse. I may have just listed my new bottom 5.
  12. BlueRibbonCommittee

What's the last TV show you watched?

Started Star Trek: Lower Decks. What Archer is to James Bond, this is to Star Trek, though there is a lot less sex and horrible people.
  13. BlueRibbonCommittee

What was your primary source of cartoons as a child?

I had no cable, so Fox Kids/Box and Kids' WB! for me
  14. BlueRibbonCommittee

Episodes that are ruined by a single line

Not so much "ruined", but I actually was better of not knowing the "Lisa likes Milhouse" bit went on longer in "Lisa's Date with Density". In syndication, it cut straight from "Janey likes Milhouse" to "Nobody likes Milhouse!" without that extra part added, plus Uter says "Janey likes Milhouse"...
  15. BlueRibbonCommittee

Guilty pleasures

"The Computer Wore Menace Shoes". It had so many errors, Homer was so unlikable, and the whole thing made no sense... but I just can't help liking it. I myself used to use "You have the right to remain fabulous", "There is no emoticon for what I am feeling", and "Grade A Bullplop" in real life...
Back