Recent content by Bart The Lover

1. Bart The Lover

How good are/were your grades?

Were you confident in scoring a straight A? Or were you a modest achiever and only hoped for Bs? Honesty, as an Asian I can confirm that a mere 75% here is a disgrace. How different are grades perceived in the Western World?
  2. Bart The Lover

US Politics (Office of the Former President Appreciation Thread)

Hillary will win no matter what. Even in countries that don't really care about the us like Malaysia where I'm currently living she is still best known as "the wife of Bill Clinton" and gets glorified a lot. Same thing happened with Obama cause he black. I just pray Bernie won't win. But eh...
  3. Bart The Lover

I never thought I'd get a first place in this forum. But anyway, I'm still new in this politics thing and only recently have I been studying the political history of countries as well as different ideologies. So only time will tell if my views today will be very different from the future
  4. Bart The Lover

Am I the only right winger here? Please raise your hands if you do. I'm lonely...
  5. Bart The Lover

North Korea politics thread

This is gonna have lots of Yankee circlejerking isn't it...
  6. Bart The Lover

North Korea politics thread

This is gonna have Yankee circlejerking isn't it...
  7. Bart The Lover

Since I'm not American, I chose to be "somewhat" on all sides because I'm not the right person that should be concerned about this. However, based on what I can find. I am mostly mixed: Gary Johnson(Libertarian) 74% Ted Cruz(R) 71% Micheal Bloomberg 70% Bernie Sanders(D) 69% Hillary...
  8. Bart The Lover

If You Can Change Your Race: Yay or Nay?

I know I'm going all Science Fiction here, but what if scientists found succesfully a way to change one's race, like if you're a big haired, black eyed, black skinned girl, you can change yourself into a beautiful blonde haired, blue eyed white skinned girl through a simple operation. Do you...
  9. Bart The Lover

How Religious is the Place You Live?

i wonder if you guys actually know the difference between irreligious, atheist or agnostic...
  10. Bart The Lover

How Religious is the Place You Live?

I know it's personal, but I've just been thinking since in the Simpsons, the whole town, down to the skeptic Lisa is pretty religious. And besides, it IS Christmas, so I think it's pretty safe to ask. :-) Anyway, I live in Bintulu, Malaysia. The religious divide here is pretty obvious, if you...
  11. Bart The Lover

Things You Wish Would Just Happen Right Now

Yes! It's from Old French plaise ,conjugated form of plaisir or plaire
  12. Bart The Lover

Things You Wish Would Just Happen Right Now

Since its close to Christmas I figure it is time to discuss about wishes and so on, so without further ado, here's mine I wish for the English language to be pure again. I mean bring back some of the Germanic words that were lost by word borrowings In case you don't know, English is a West...
  13. Bart The Lover

Will an Animated Film Ever Win Best Picture?

If there are many Best Foreign Language films that make it Best Picture like Hurt Locker, then it isn't simply by the fact that there is an existing category already. Besides, kid-friendly films like Oliver(1966) have made it before, so its good to know that the Academy is not ENTIRELY against...
  14. Bart The Lover

Will an Animated Film Ever Win Best Picture?

The Academy hates animation.The only reason they did a Best Animated Feature award was because they pitied the way animation could still not hold a candle to live action since 1937. And with good reason too, first off animation can never be too serious because they have to tie in with children...
  15. Bart The Lover

Do you consider The Simpsons to be an adult animated series?

In your opinion? What is the definition of an adult TV series? Well to me I think its a show where themes that children dont normally get such as divorce are told and where graphic, SAW levels of violence occur at a normal rate. These shows typically include South Park, Family Guy, Game of...
Back