CousinMerl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey! i wanted to let you know we're hosting an NHC event/game, where 15/16 people submit 4 tv show themesongs each, and then we pit them all against each other, and more get voted out as we move through the rounds. the rules can be found here. if you want to participate just type ''i want to join'' in the thread

Decided to add something new to my profile so I went with my first profile banner.
    Venomrabbit
    Venomrabbit
    Oh, I figured that (barely, I do not know the site that well :P ) but I was wondering about image size because I wanted to throw something together of my own!
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Ah, I see. Regarding image sizes, the option seem to resize the image automatically (and you'll be able to choose which area of the image to show in the banner). I would recommend using more or less a widescreen image (so that not much would be cut off) but it can probably be done with others images too.
    Venomrabbit
    Venomrabbit
    Oh huh. I was planning to do something pixelly so hopefully it won't be compromised... also I have to do a bunch of the things myself so might be a while :P
    Like your new pfp
    Meko
    Meko
    what's the text on the photo homer's looking at?
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    It's a reference of the bit from 'Homer's Enemy' when Homer has a framed photo of a smiling Lenny on his workstation ("Lenny, tell Mr. Burns I've gone home to work on the contest"), this one having the same "Homer, have a cool summer" text, it seems. Seems like there's more than a few of these Lenny/Leni mashups out there, haha.
    Just thought I'd tell you guys that even though I was made moderator, I won't be treating you any differently, really (and I hope the likewise). See ya around.
    • Love
    Reactions: Jackomon and Meko
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Don't tempt me, OldSchoolerSimpsons. :P
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    F-St8XFbkAA6Rx2.png
    CousinMerl
    Hey, congratulations on the promotion, friend! You've been here so long that I was surprised to learn that you haven't had such an honor yet - you certainly deserved this. Congratulations Merl, you are a great user so I hope you enjoy this moment. :)
    5ac3d977-0ed0-4b42-ba21-bce131dda549_text.gif
    D’ohboy
    D’ohboy
    That woman is dead.

Just trying to bring the mood down.
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Aww, thanks. That's very kind of you :aww:. I hope that you'll make moderator at some point since you've been such a great and insightful user who tend to add a lot to discussions and review threads and such. You'd certainly deserve it.
    Well, congrats on your promotion, doc.

all-grown-up-grown-up.gif
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Appreciate the congrats! Keep up the good work and one day you may become a moderator, too! I do think you'd make a good one as you certainly have the spirit of one, despite not having been on the board for a long, long time.
    Wile E. the Brain
    Wile E. the Brain
    Nah, I'm not sure I'd be a good one (mainly cause I don't go around here as often as some other folks do) but I appreciate the compliment.

Now enjoy the power you have.
    Wow, I’m so proud for you! You must have brought great things to this forum. I personally only know you from @Wile E. the Brain’s Futurama review thread, where you’ve posted a lot, but you’ve posted so much you’ve surely brought great things to this site. Question: how exactly does one become a moderator?
    I'm retiring my popular Ghost & Molly/Simpsons crossover avatar/profile pic, but I won't forget about it and it may be back (with a vengeance)!
    Love your new pfp
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Thanks. It makes me laugh.
    John95
    John95
    @CousinMerl Where'd you get it from or did you make it?
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    @John95, I found it on an external image board and had it saved in a folder. I wish I had the talent to have made it myself; It's such a well done edit, combining one scene each from different shows. I've rarely seen quality ones like that, taking advantage of a similar setting.
    Reactions: Meko
    we have not interacted in a while, probably will once the S35 discussion starts, but
    how are you holding up, how it be?
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Things are pretty good, I'd say. I'm still around and have been active just recently in the season 35 info thread. I haven't seen you around a lot in animated discussion so I figured you're just busy with other things and are focusing on posting on just a few sub-boards.
    Meko
    Meko
    yeah i post on sub-boards all the time, but i'm planning to come to the S35 info thread to chat with you guys, nice to know you're doing well!
    Happy birthday, Merl! You're very good as NHC member, at least. And I guess you are the same in real life. Wish you all the best wishes you want.
    Happy Birthday, bestie!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy it! eat a cake! eat a taco! eat something, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1689142431228.png
    time for my monthly question

where's your pfp from
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Definitely time to catch up. 4 is maybe the best season thus far.
    Meko
    Meko
    will check it out then :aww:
    CousinMerl
    CousinMerl
    Watch 3 and then 4. More than a few things carry over from the former to the latter (plus both are solid).
    When will I expect Homer Simpson wearing his socks and gray loafers would match the insides between like on next season or season 36 ?
    because last year on season 34 was a big mistake with all the inconsistency & animation errors that the same repeat over & over, I'm hoping it wouldn't happen again Any thoughts ?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back