Very unpopular opinions.

Oh right, we're supposed to be talking about unpopular opinions!

The show should go on indefinitely at this point. I mean, what possible harm to the show's legacy could there be from season 30 versus season 20? They still stumble onto some pretty enjoyable episodes a few times a season. Plus however much the show is a pale version of its former self, I'll still be pretty bummed when The Simpsons is no more.

You have described exactly how I feel.

Last Exit to Springfield is really forgettable (it's a good episode, but I can barely remember this episode and I watch 2 days ago!)

> I feel Last Exit to Springfield is slightly overrated. Good episode, no doubt, but it's highly regarded as the best episode and I don't see why. To me, there's far better episodes out there
> This year's Treehouse of Horror was the best since THOH XV, only better and I thought the "threesome" joke wasn't too bad

Well, if you insist...

Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr Burns - only part one, Bart Sells His Soul, Summer of 4 Ft 2, And Maggie Makes Three, Homer the Great, The Springfield Files, Flaming Moe's, Radio Bart, Homer versus the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Phobia, Homer's Enemy, The City of New York, Rosebud, Cape Feare, Lisa the Vegetarian, Lisa's Substitute, Bart of Darkness, Homer at the Bat, Boy Scoutz n the Hood, The Last Temptation of Homer, El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer, Selma's Choice, Mr Plow, Marge vs the Monorail, Brother From the Same Planet, Marge Be Not Proud, 22 Short Films About Springfield, Treehouse of Horror V and IV and VI, Mother Simpson, My Sister My Sitter, Bart's Comet, Kamp Krusty, Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?, Lisa the Simpson, You Only Move Twice, Bart on the Road, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer Badman, Bart the Murderer, Grade School Confidential, Das Bus, The Way We Was, The Cartridge Family, Marge on the Lam, Lisa the Iconoclast, Deep Space Homer, Duffless, Separate Vocations, A Star is Burns, Mountain of Madness, Homer Loves Flanders, Bart the Lover, Homer the Heretic, Simpson Tide, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, Lisa's Pony, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Three Men and a Comic Book, Homie the Clown, Bart After Dark, Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Sideshow Bob Roberts, King Size Homer, Black Widower, Lisa's First Word, Hurricane Neddy

But then again, that's just my very unpopular opinion, right?

I don't like Milhouse that much. I mean, he has his funny moments, but he's mostly annoying and not a very good friend. His dad is a better character than him.

Last edited:
I don't like Eternal Moonshine for the Simpson Mind. It's very "out there" and a bit stupid. It thinks it's better than it actually is. Personally I find it highly overrated.

Rosebud
Homer the Heretic
Marge vs. The Monorail
Bart Sells His Soul
Bart The Daredevil
Flaming Moes
You Only Move Twice
Cape Feare
Itchy and Scratchy Movie
Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 2)
Who Shot Mr. Burns (Part 1)
Duffless
Last Temptation of Homer
Brother From The Same Planet
Treehouse Of Horror V
Summer of 4 ft. 2
Lisa's Substitute
Bart's Comet
Homer at the Bat

Even though these both are equally sad and terrible, Marge cheating on Homer would be worse then Homer cheating on Marge.

Because to me, you'll never think Marge would go as far as to cheat on Homer. Sure, there was Life on The Fast Lane, but she chose Homer over Jacques. Marge seems like the type who'll never leave Homer.

And also, it'll just be more sadder. Homer also had the opportunities to cheat on Marge and he didn't (which is good) but was really close to cheating on Mindy and Lurleen. He had to really think about what he was doing

Every episode that's considered "post-classic" (Eternal Moonshine, 24 Minutes, Gone Maggie Gone, Eeny Teeny Maya Moe, etc) are fucking horrible. I just don't get it.

Well, if you insist...

Lemon of Troy, Who Shot Mr Burns - only part one, Bart Sells His Soul, Summer of 4 Ft 2, And Maggie Makes Three, Homer the Great, The Springfield Files, Flaming Moe's, Radio Bart, Homer versus the Eighteenth Amendment, Homer's Phobia, Homer's Enemy, The City of New York, Rosebud, Cape Feare, Lisa the Vegetarian, Lisa's Substitute, Bart of Darkness, Homer at the Bat, Boy Scoutz n the Hood, The Last Temptation of Homer, El Viaje Misterioso De Nuestro Jomer, Selma's Choice, Mr Plow, Marge vs the Monorail, Brother From the Same Planet, Marge Be Not Proud, 22 Short Films About Springfield, Treehouse of Horror V and IV and VI, Mother Simpson, My Sister My Sitter, Bart's Comet, Kamp Krusty, Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes?, Lisa the Simpson, You Only Move Twice, Bart on the Road, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer Badman, Bart the Murderer, Grade School Confidential, Das Bus, The Way We Was, The Cartridge Family, Marge on the Lam, Lisa the Iconoclast, Deep Space Homer, Duffless, Separate Vocations, A Star is Burns, Mountain of Madness, Homer Loves Flanders, Bart the Lover, Homer the Heretic, Simpson Tide, The Secret War of Lisa Simpson, Lisa's Pony, Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily, The Boy Who Knew Too Much, Three Men and a Comic Book, Homie the Clown, Bart After Dark, Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming, Sideshow Bob Roberts, King Size Homer, Black Widower, Lisa's First Word, Hurricane Neddy

But then again, that's just my very unpopular opinion, right?

Wow...! I agree with at least 80% of those episodes you listed :P

I think that Mirkin was partially responsible for the Jerkass Homer characterization of the Scully years (and maybe even further on in the Jean era).

Back