Mistakes in The Simpsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

merzitar

. . .
Hi guys.
So, I thought it would be interesting if you guys share any mistakes you have found in The Simpsons. Not story-wise or anything like that (for example, Gil dies and then he's in many episodes afterwards... that's just how The Simpsons work) but like drawing defects or stuff like that. I can't remember many of the ones I found:

Season 1: Krusty Gets Busted

When Homer is describing the robber
HOMER: "...and big red hair..."

--Sidehow bob has red hair... He was dressed as Krusty and had Green hair.

Season 6: Lisa on Ice

At the end when Bart and Lisa make up and are skating together

--If you look at the seats behind, you'll see two people fighting eachother. However, they both continuously switch colours from Black to White / Yellow.

Last edited:
If you carefully count the total amount of seasons, your outcome won't be 9.

- In "Natural Born Kissers" Todd's hair changes to gray in one of the windmill scenes.

- In the end of "Simpsons Roasting on a Open Fire" we can see a picture of Bart upside down, but them it is in the right place.

- In "Lard of the Dance" when Homer is talking to Apu we can see a store in the backround, the name of the store appers for about a second and them it disapers. Also in that episode we can see a pink dot in Marge's hair when she is talking to Lisa in her room.

I'll look for more! :D

There's that famous mistake in Secret War of Lisa Simpson where Wiggum's talking to the Simpsons in the house, and then they hear sirens outside and watch Bart driving a tractor on the street, being chased by the police... including Wiggum. So the Chief's basically watching his doppleganger.

I always thought a big mistake was in 'Maggie Makes Three', where Marge reveals the flashbacks of Homer's reaction to her being pregnant. In both the 'Bart' and 'Lisa' realisations, photos of Bart and Lisa are on the wall as he's ripping out his hair and running up the stairs

theyrebeingerasedfromex.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought a big mistake was in 'Maggie Makes Three', where Marge reveals the flashbacks of Homer's reaction to her being pregnant. In both the 'Bart' and 'Lisa' realisations, photos of Bart and Lisa are on the wall as he's ripping out his hair and running up the stairs

Thats a brillaint one- also in the barbershop quartet episode santa's lil helper is digging a hole in the yard- despite not being taken in by the simpsons until 1988 in The simpsons roasting on an open fire.

I gotta point this one out, it involves poor Wiggum again (lol). I'm just really surprised they missed this one in the movie in those links. When Lisa's giving the presentation at City Hall over the lake going toxic, there's a wide shot of the stage with the front of the audience visible on the bottom. In that shot, where the chief should be...next to Sarah, his seat is empty. But literally a few seconds later, after a brief cut to Lenny, it goes back to that same wide shot and suddenly he's there.

It's pretty tough to miss once you see it, I noticed it when I saw it opening night.

i love that screenshot no matter how many times i see it.

in "marge simpson in: screaming yellow honkers", bart was seen legless for a sec when marged used a car flashlight to look into the house. spooky

haha, petty cool ones. I havn't looked at the list yet, but I remember another mistake I saw.

Season 7: A Fish Called Selma

I can't remember the exact part, but Selma is talking to Troy and you see Selma's face and Troy's back (of his head)

--When Troy blinks, you see his eye lid disapear and it has been coloured in the same as the background.

hehehe.

In Homer's Odyssey there's a shot of Sherri and Terri with just purple blobs for bodies or something like that.

One that I never figured out was in Beyond Blunderdome - right when Homer says "Mel's movie really stinks" he takes his hand off Bart's shoulder the but hand is still drawn there! I'll try and find some pics later.

--If you look at the seats behind, you'll see two people fighting eachother. However, they both continuously switch colours from Black to White / Yellow.[/B]

I've seen that a few times. I think someone - probably Apu - flashes colour in Bart's Comet when they all sing "Que Sara Sara".

In Homer's Odyssey there's a shot of Sherri and Terri with just purple blobs for bodies or something like that.

One that I never figured out was in Beyond Blunderdome - right when Homer says "Mel's movie really stinks" he takes his hand off Bart's shoulder the but hand is still drawn there! I'll try and find some pics later.

RE: Merzitar
I've seen that a few times. I think someone - probably Apu - flashes colour in Bart's Comet when they all sing "Que Sara Sara".

haaha, the hand one is funny, I have never noticed but I havn't watch S11 on DVD much. I'll have to check some of these out. I have never realised Apu changing colour either haha.

In the treehouse of horro 6, in one frame the simspons house is destroyed before Lardlad smashes it. The next frame is lardlad smashing the house, and walking away smashing more houses. The next frame is the exact same as the first frame with the now (correctly) destroyed house. When you watch it now, you will notice it.

In "The Way We Was", Maggie's hair bow disappears for a moment.

Last edited:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "E-I-E-I-Doh" with the messed up Lisa head animation when she is standing near the tomacco stand. It is definitely one of the most biggest, obvious, animation goofs within the entire series. Also, for those who remember, what about the animation for "Rome-old and Julie-eh" when it first aired? They fixed it in syndication, but there were so many scenes where the characters were strangely off-model to the point where you can easily compare it to a season 1 episode.

Last edited:
can someone please explain that screencap?

i'm being an idiot and not getting anything from it

Some kids are missing the lower halves of their bodies. One girl is just a floating head.

If you carefully count the total amount of seasons, your outcome won't be 9.
Was the last time I checked... or maybe it was just the ones I care about :P

Simpsons Tide
Either Lisa can run out of the living room, through the family room, into the foyer, upstairs, and into her room, change clothes, and run downstairs, into the foyer, through the family room, and back into the living room in seven seconds,
or they made an obvious mistake.
slipup1.jpg

I also don't remember the front of her slippers being shaped like her normal shoes.

Last edited:

Just realised this didn't make sense. What I mean was, I never figured out whether it was an intentional joke or not. It would make sense if it is intentional, since the "goof" is the exact moment when Homer is critical on the movie. But on the other hand it is a very subtle joke, which isn't Season 11's style really :-X

Gator-blink.gif
A Gator exclusive!
I spotted a flaw not listed in that Simpson TV mistake site.

In "Dude, Where's My Ranch?" after Bart knocks down a tree to cross a river, watch closely and you'll see Lisa change outfits randomly between shots.

Was the last time I checked... or maybe it was just the ones I care about :P

Simpsons Tide
Either Lisa can run out of the living room, through the family room, into the foyer, upstairs, and into her room, change clothes, and run downstairs, into the foyer, through the family room, and back into the living room in seven seconds,
or they made an obvious mistake.
slipup1.jpg

I also don't remember the front of her slippers being shaped like her normal shoes.

Totally amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back