Dark Homer

pineapple shoes
Administrator
I really like the pink & green color scheme they were using in the old days

magnets.jpg

yo-yo.jpg

button_collection.jpg

drawing_set.jpg

I like how a lot of things were overtly neon colored with a lot of light greens, pinks and blues back in the late 80's-early 90's. Maybe that explains why the Season 2 and Season 3 DVDs were light greenish-blue and pink respectively? I haven't really thought about it before.

This is a bit of a tangent, but as a kid I spent summers with my grandparents in Arkansas, and I distinctly remember one summer in the early 2000's (I think it was 2003). We went to a grocery store in Huntsville, AR, and they had one of those machines in the lobby where you put in a couple quarters and a little toy comes out in a plastic capsule, and one of those machines sold these exact buttons. They came three buttons to a capsule, I believe. Naturally, as a Simpsons fan I jumped on collecting them, and I think I got nine or so different buttons. But even as an 11/12 year old kid, I could tell that the buttons were very old, like 1990 old, and I found it super odd that they were still available in a grocery store vending machine. For all I know that machine had sat largely untouched since the early nineties.

I just bought a few of those buttons from a pile of them that I spotted at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.

The only other merch I own with this weird old branding is this pinball game. I even have like two or three copies because I had to cobble together a version of this that actually works.

pinballhome01.jpg

Attachments

• pinballhome01.jpg
    pinballhome01.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
These take me back. I just love those green and pink designs. I have a bunch of merch in my loft, but they're buried. I know I have some collector cards, but other than that I don't know exactly what I got.

Bandages:
EajabazXQAAj9kc

Funny enough, this art seems to be the inspiration for the Vans t-shirt that just dropped yesterday.

BL67bQU.jpg

Except Lisa isn’t giving Maggie bunny ears anymore and Bart is making a face instead of having his hand on Lisa’s arm.

I wonder if that’s where this image actually originated from? A bandage box? Hah!

It's most likely a remake of that picture. I've seen the picture on the bandages box on Ebay and DevientART but not of that pic on the T-Shirt.

Wow! I have never payed that much attention on the colors that were used back then! Oh, they look really nice!

I like how a lot of things were overtly neon colored with a lot of light greens, pinks and blues back in the late 80's-early 90's. Maybe that explains why the Season 2 and Season 3 DVDs were light greenish-blue and pink respectively? I haven't really thought about it before.
That's actually a good point here. However, it is kind of weird that the Season 1 DVD boxset does not have the blue color scheme and was instead silver. However, the 4th season did have a blue color scheme. To be honest, it could've been better if the Season 1 DVD boxset have any of these color schemes because it would have make more sense, as Seasons 1-3 has more of a neon feel and was the most popular era of the show in terms of viewers, despite "Lisa's First Word", the most popular Season 4 episode, later reaching to over 28 million viewers, which makes it more popular than Season 3's most popular episode, "Colonel Homer", which had over 25 million viewers.

I really like the pink & green color scheme they were using in the old days

magnets.jpg

yo-yo.jpg

button_collection.jpg

drawing_set.jpg

EVERYTHING was "neon" back in the early '90s.

Bugle Boy double-pleated acid wash jeans, aqua and black pinstriped button-up shirts... (tucked in, of course,) bright blue Chuck Taylors, and red suspenders.
The bad kids in the bathroom piercing their ears with pin-back "New Kids on The Block" buttons....
Girls, and their unholy fascination with "jelly shoes...."
Quoting Al Bundy lines with your friends on the playground....
Those sparkly pencils with the 'lil white rocket cartridges you'd change out when they got dull....
Making pens into weapons by reversing where the spring mechanism would go....
Taking the scrunched-up paper from a straw, and dropping water on it to turn it into a growing worm....
Being that one kid with a badass SounDesign "all-in-one" stereo with the double cassette deck, and saying: "I can make you a copy of that! Gimmie a tape!"....
The REAL Kentucky Fried Chicken "Chicken Littles" for dinner, seven of them at $0.79 each....
Riding to school in your mom's '70s shitbox, where the vinyl seats would stick to your butt in the summer....
Watching "Voltron" in the morning before school, and being jealous of the one dude on the bus that had ALL THE LIONS.
ALL THE LIONS....
Getting your very own GE CD player at Walmart for $150 with a gift card from Grandma, thinking you were badass, only to find out you had to pay another $30 just to grab the media it consumed....
Your dad getting his first Camcorder, and seeing yourself on TV for the very first time....
That one kid whose mom had a "bag phone," and instantly hating them because they thought they were better than you....
Seeing your first pair of Reebok Pumps, and thinking the wearer was a God among men....
GENERRA HYPERCOLOR... DUDE!
Living in a world where both "Alf" and "The Simpsons" were on the air in the same week....
Staying up late to watch Saturday Night Live was a privilege you earned, because you couldn't miss Dana Carvey's George Bush impersonation.... ("Wouldn't be prudent... at this juncture.")
...and seeing the rise of Grunge overtake the horrible Hair Metal bands. (Punker for life, yo. F Axl Rose.)

Ah... the '90s.
Certainly... a time to be alive.
We didn't know how good we had it, but we do now.

(Now... going "inactive" for another five years. Byeeeeeeee!)
Oh... btw, "Get Lucky" is still just a cheap disco ripoff.

Last edited:
Back