Season 34 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irrelevant and inane
Season 34 will be the first season without the Queen Elizabeth. It will be the first season after her death in real life on September 8, 2022.

Copy (the article is only US available)
Homer discovers his favorite animal in the zoo goes missing. He thinks it’s all a conspiracy and pretty soon he meets all these different people online who share his belief and they all go down a rabbit hole with outlandish predictions

AAAAH! Seeing that "Simpsons World" meta segment I really SCREAM of real EXCITING. Love meta!😍😍😍

Classic seasons are considered in different ways (there are a lot of respective threads on NHC about it)

From there:
  • There will be two new episodes centered around secondary characters. (…) The other is about Carl Carlson learning about his birth parents with special guest star Henry Louis Gates, Jr. A sequel to The Saga of Carl. Interesting.
  • Lizzo will be a guest star this season, playing one of Maggie’s Happy Little Elves toys that comes to life. Well, Maggie's 😅 That has more sense
  • About season premiere: Rob LaZebnik (apparently, co-runner) shared his excitement for Season 34 premiere, titled “Habeus Tortoise.” The premise was inspired by the true-crime Netflix documentary Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer. In the episode, Homer finds himself belonging to an internet group of conspiracy theorists when his favorite animal at the Springfield Zoo vanishes. Also there is one legitimate bold prediction in the episode that they believe will become yet another “Simpsons predict the future” moment.

How about… Jacque?

Just gotta write about it. I have nothing about it. However, on the other side - does it mean the show is easier to make format-benders now (or as I name it "let's put casual characters in unusual setting")?
I knew it, Marge is going to take up Bowling again

I know this post here might be a bit unnecessary right now, but there will be a THOH XXXIV table read coming up sometime later this fall. And for right now, we don't know which date yet exactly, you know?

Last edited:
I know this post here might be a bit unnecessary right now, but there will be a THOH XXXIV table read coming up sometime later this fall. And for right now, we don't know which date yet exactly, you know?
Maybe it will probably be OABF17 or 18 in October (the writers be feeling Halloween vibes), then OABF16’s table read is the last for this month (will be a normal episode)

Maybe it will probably be OABF17 or 18 in October (the writers be feeling Halloween vibes), then OABF16’s table read is the last for this month (will be a normal episode)
Well in that case, perhaps I'll bet on OABF17 this time

Last edited:
Gosh, I hate it whenever the plot for one of the upcoming episodes (for October 2nd) is late in The Futon Critic, I know this happened before (ever since before the plot for the S33 premiere was revealed last year if I remember correctly), but... That's okay, I'm still keeping a lookout for the One Angry Lisa plot to show up in The Futon Critic, no matter what. And I'm sorry for the double post by the way

Gosh, I hate it whenever the plot for one of the upcoming episodes (for October 2nd) is late in The Futon Critic, I know this happened before (ever since before the plot for the S33 premiere was revealed last year if I remember correctly), but... That's okay, I'm still keeping a lookout for the One Angry Lisa plot to show up in The Futon Critic, no matter what. And I'm sorry for the double post by the way
We already know the plot (from other official source). Dude, just calm down.

He referred as anime segment is that revenge: "yet another indirect revenge fantasy for Lisa" (her anime version was shown on poster, and CCSC yet) and I guess whining that they're [The Simpsons] not relevant anymore or whatever. (namely that meta segment)

A respond from Rob Oliver
:munch:
I mean, you could just search up “Steve Johnson” on the Internet and see if any certain celebrities show up……. 🤔

….or maybe we should wait because it’s an original character and October is next month, so we’ll see THoH soon anyway

We don’t really know at the moment 🤷‍♂️

THE SIMPSONS”—(8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LISA IS CALLED FOR JURY DUTY

ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS”

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, ON FOX

Jane Kaczmarek (“Malcolm in the Middle”) Makes Guest Voice Appearance

Lisa gets called for jury duty while Marge becomes obsessed with her exercise bike in the all-new “One Angry Lisa” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 2 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3319) (TV-PG D,L,V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Jane Kaczmarek as Judge Harm​

More unrealistic spending for the Simpsons. Peloton bikes like the kind she's riding cost $1500 or more. That's two months rent for us. I know the Simpsons have gone a long ways from needing to steal cable or buying single ply toilet paper but it still shocks me a little.

THE SIMPSONS”—(8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

LISA IS CALLED FOR JURY DUTY

ON AN ALL-NEW “THE SIMPSONS”

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 2, ON FOX

Jane Kaczmarek (“Malcolm in the Middle”) Makes Guest Voice Appearance

Lisa gets called for jury duty while Marge becomes obsessed with her exercise bike in the all-new “One Angry Lisa” episode of THE SIMPSONS airing Sunday, Oct. 2 (8:00-8:31 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (SI-3319) (TV-PG D,L,V)

Voice Cast: Dan Castellaneta as Homer Simpson; Julie Kavner as Marge Simpson; Nancy Cartwright as Bart Simpson and Nelson; Yeardley Smith as Lisa Simpson; Hank Azaria as Moe; Harry Shearer as Skinner; Tress MacNeille as Dolph; Pamela Hayden as Milhouse; Harry Shearer as Flanders

Guest Voice Cast: Jane Kaczmarek as Judge Harm​
Oh no, not Judge Harm again after 12 years of her absence. Not only that, Lisa is too young to be called for Jury Duty unless there is a plot device that explains otherwise.

Last edited:
Yeah, it does seem a bit unusual for only one of the younger children on the show to get called for jury duty when some children on the show are too young or whatsoever

Last edited:
Who banned title changing (especially in last time)?🤷 Don't mind, what to say more)

Promo images from the episode "Lisa the Boy Scout". A promo image is a reference to the very first Simpsons episode ("Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire"): It appears an adult Bart Simpson in the year 1989.

Uh oh!. Family Guy did it!.

Here's what they look like...

1663108518155.png
And here's plot for Lisa the Boy Scout down below:
When the Boy Explorers become co-ed, Bart and Lisa vow to "out scout" each other at the annual jamboree

"Lisa the Boy Scout" sounds like the exact same plot as "The Secret War of Lisa Simpson" but a different setting.

The whole Bart being a boy scout thing reminds me too much of that future bit used in the second part of 'A Serious Flanders'. And I guess the image that the image reminiscent of '"Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire' answers (in part) the "it's some kind of special episode" that was said to be for this episode, although after seeing these promotional images I have more questions about what they meant by the special part hahaha. In any case, the mere fact that it is a script by Greaney and the promotional images that are quite a few already give me enough reasons to make this my most anticipated episode of the entire season (until now).

Last edited:
Oh no, not Judge Harm again after 12 years of her absence. Not only that, Lisa is too young to be called for Jury Duty unless there is a plot device that explains otherwise.
I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be some sort of "student court" at the school, which I liked better the first time I saw it...when it was called Hey Arnold! (specifically, the story "False Alarm")

Welp, gotta know what the time traveling Bart thing is about and... I guess the subplot is some spy drama or something? But for the most part seems like it'll be another "Bart sucks compared to Lisa" episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back